Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNPhilly: 10 observations about the Eagles and the NFC East

Wentz has impressed me more than Dak mostly because it looks like Wentz is doing more with the football.  With Dak it seems more of a case where Garrett has  designed the offense to keep Dak out of situations where he could make mistakes. He is dropping back and standing behind a great O-line and mostly making throws underneath to guys like Cole Beasley who takes a 4 yard pass and goes 10 yards with it after the catch.  Wentz is seeming to be asked to do more as a rookie.  That could be why he also could happen to falter before Dak as well.

1 hour ago, bih said:

yes, most fans like you have their blinders on and cant see the truth. they are not that good, they were not good last year and they are not good this year. Kirk is ok backup, there is no good RB and defense is horrible. we have good WR core, good punter and kicker. thats it. cant win with that. they are ok team for 4 to 6 wins this year, and yes I said they will be 1-7 by the bye week, I know thats out of the window. they where gifted the Browns game win, Giants shot themselves in foot in second half and Ravens just couldnt figure out all they had to do was to run the ball. luck is gonna run out sooner or later. 

Well, you are just all sorts of negative, aren't you, Sunshine? :) 

You say they can't win that way, but they've won three in a row? Yeah, I know. They were ALLLLL luck. :806:

Ever heard the saying "I'd rather be lucky than good"? Keep your head up, Sunshine, the team may not have run out of "luck" yet. :) 

57 minutes ago, mikeDinNYC said:

"Over 30 Washington players from the 2014 team photo are not only off of the roster, but are out of football altogether. "... ouch

That is clearly an indictment against how we used to acquire talent to stock our roster.  But I believe that the times have changed.  If that quote is still accurate two Seasons from now, then I don't even see how we'd be competitive.  

-----------------------------------

I'm not worried.  What we see before us is a team learning how to become contenders.  This process will not involve a straight-arrow arc upwards.  There will be growing pains, skepticism, poor mouthing of the team, etc.  

But would you expect anything but gutter-ball reporting from the Philadelphia sports press towards our Skins?  Remember: WE beat THEM 3 times in a row!  

Am I the only one that smells the sour grapes?

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What's he saying?...In his latest article he says this:

"This (loss) is against an NFC East rival too, so you can kiss any idea of (the Eagles) being the favorites to win the division goodbye."

Basically saying the Redskins still won't win the East. They haven't beaten any teams with a winning record and even though the Giants, Ravens and Eagles all had winning records he only counts their records after week 17 lol

8 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Basically saying the Redskins still won't win the East. They haven't beaten any teams with a winning record and even though the Giants, Ravens and Eagles all had winning records he only counts their records after week 17 lol

Then he can't say the Redskins haven't beaten any teams with a winning record yet lol...just saying that negates his stance.

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

Think he was talking about the eagles not the redskins

2 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Dude I'm talking to him on twitter. Trust me, I know what he said lol

Sir I am terribly sorry, I was referring to the article that he wrote not what he was saying on twitter.  I will continue to put my foot in my mouth!!!!

8 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Then he does not believe the Eagles will have a winning record by the end of the season... Which goes totally against what he wrote.

Does the fact that we just beat the 1st and 2nd ranked D in back to back games is relevant to him or only season's end matters?

Btw Brady only beat 3 teams with a winning record last year IIRC. That's not much.

Philadelphia aka Filthydumpia,  should file  for a change with the NFL to change their logo from an Eagle to a Chicken.

Every year they're, baked, slow-cooked, sautéed, bbq'd, roasted, flame broiled, and fried. Also they should change their team colors to red and white and have Colonel Sanders as their mascot. Maybe build a new stadium with red and white striping and call it 'the Bucket'.

Dumb-ass birds don't even know how to fly either...

Archived