Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNPhilly: 10 observations about the Eagles and the NFC East

20 hours ago, mikeDinNYC said:

"Over 30 Washington players from the 2014 team photo are not only off of the roster, but are out of football altogether. "... ouch

And there was a similar stat after Shanny had been here a few years about the roster he inherited.  I think it should be obvious that our 25 year draft history has been the main culprit.  It started with Casserly, got worse with Vinny,, then the Griffin  trade and so so drafts by Allen and Shanahan.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/grading-eagles-27-20-loss-washington

Coaching
With a fifth-round rookie making his first career start at right tackle and facing the NFL's 30th-ranked run defense, Doug Pederson's offense came out throwing the football. The result: three sacks in the first half and an inefficient passing attack that saw the quarterback getting knocked around. This was reminiscent of an Andy Reid game plan, airing the ball out while ignoring obvious advantages and disadvantages based on the matchups.

This was Pederson's worst-coached game by far, and arguably the biggest reason the Eagles lost, as the offense brought nothing to the table until the second half. By then, Washington had done just about all it needed to win.

Grade: F

:ols:

This is what I see from the media AND from some of our fans:

Other team wins- They took it to the Redskins.  Just ran and passed and beat them down. Dominated them on both sides of the ball.  Great coaching. 

Redskins win- The other team made so many mistakes.  Bad coaching.  Turnovers.  Penalties. Beat themselves.

Screw the media and some of our fans who never want to give any credit.  Just like in the defense thread.  "Ryan Kerrigan got 3 sacks because he was facing a rookie."  Yes, and he did what he was supposed to do.  Dominate him.  If he hadn't, fans would be pissed because he didn't show up.

Today has got to be the worst celebration day after a win that I have seen in such a long time.  By the posts on this site today, you'd think we just lost 34-0 and are sitting at 1-5.

4 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Philadelphia aka Filthydumpia,  should file  for a change with the NFL to change their logo from an Eagle to a Chicken.

Every year they're, baked, slow-cooked, sautéed, bbq'd, roasted, flame broiled, and fried. Also they should change their team colors to red and white and have Colonel Sanders as their mascot. Maybe build a new stadium with red and white striping and call it 'the Bucket'.

Dumb-ass birds don't even know how to fly either...

Maybe they could move the team to Louisville and become the Kentucky Buckets. 

rndr_670x377.jpg

Kentucky Colonels would be a good name too, except there was a team in the ABA with that name.

220px-KentuckyColonelslogo.jpg

20 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

This is what I see from the media AND from some of our fans:

Other team wins- They took it to the Redskins.  Just ran and passed and beat them down. Dominated them on both sides of the ball.  Great coaching. 

Redskins win- The other team made so many mistakes.  Bad coaching.  Turnovers.  Penalties. Beat themselves.

Screw the media and some of our fans who never want to give any credit.  Just like in the defense thread.  "Ryan Kerrigan got 3 sacks because he was facing a rookie."  Yes, and he did what he was supposed to do.  Dominate him.  If he hadn't, fans would be pissed because he didn't show up.

Today has got to be the worst celebration day after a win that I have seen in such a long time.  By the posts on this site today, you'd think we just lost 34-0 and are sitting at 1-5.

I agree with the sentiment.  However, the circumstances of our wins makes me hesitate to call this team a good one.

Giants - they seemed to really struggle with a reshuffled oline.

Cleveland - they ran all over us and we were gifted a fumble recovery while playing a very green qb

Baltimore - reshuffled oline mixed with a windy day and losing Smith

Eagles - Johnson and Logan were big losses to their trenches and they played very undisciplined

OTOH, we showed a lot of good things at every facet at various points in those games - rushing, passing, ST, defending pass and run, turnovers, coaching, overcoming injuries, penalties and other bad plays.  Gruden hit the nail on the head with his "resilient" comment.

I have a lot of faith in the depth on this team (we might be better here than any team we've faced so far), but I'm not yet sold on a number of our starters... and our consistency.

If we consider a good team to be, say top 10, then I think we're right on the cusp.  Much like I felt about this team last year though, if we can play to our abilities - 'put it all together', so to speak - than I think we can actually be a very good team... a true contender.

22 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

By looking back at almost every sack we got from sunday, I see everyone blaming the Rookie for them. But have anyone seriously watched the RG on each play? Guy just doesn't know what to do if he should help C or his fellow friend and stand upright waiting for someone to block and leaving his fellow rookie teammate face Kerrigan, a good seasoned vet that was waiting for the opportunity to feist on him.

Probably not bad coaching here, but definately bad chemistry along the line, poor communication and stuff like that.

This being said, it's true that we aren't seeing much love lately. Which is not really a surprise, even around here. Most of our fans around here seems to only be pleased when people play at HoF level.

Archived