Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - Browns at REDSKINS

TK

Offense doing what they "should" against a team like this for once, nice to see. Time to see if the defense can do the same...rookie QB, athletic freak WR mid-breakout, and a RB averaging 6 YPC or so...that's usually a disaster for us. Let's see.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Liking the running game so far but it seems so obvious that Matt Jones has bad vision. Obviously there was the one play where he hesitated and didn't cut in for an easy gain, but just every play it seems he's leaving yards on the field and looking unnatural out there

It's interesting, I feel like his vision behind the LOS is much improved... he finds a spot and gets there decisively when in the past he'd dance around in the backfield or bounce it outside too often. 

It's just after that, he's not sure what to do, lol. I get the sense that he just needs reps. 

Dude, some of you guys here are like "eh, it's the Browns, who cares."

You seem to have forgotten how many games our team has played down to their opponents even when heavily favored over the past 20 years.

Dominating a team we SHOULD dominate is a GREAT thing.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Liking the running game so far but it seems so obvious that Matt Jones has bad vision. Obviously there was the one play where he hesitated and didn't cut in for an easy gain, but just every play it seems he's leaving yards on the field and looking unnatural out there

he needs to one cut and go...just f'n commit to something!!!

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

It's interesting, I feel like his vision behind the LOS is much improved... he finds a spot and gets there decisively. 

It's just after that, he's not sure what to do, lol. I get the sense that he just needs reps. 

I hope that's true. Getting past the LOS is usually the toughest part of playing RB for us of course. But it will be disappointing if he's just not a playmaker once he gets into the secondary...all we've really seen from him so far is lowering the shoulder into the nearest DB

Thompson seems to hit the hole better than Jones.   Matt just seems to run forward and is missing the flow of the run and blocking in front of him...  He easily left 7-10 yards on the field on that last drive.

Picking nits, I know, but it's something to keep an eye on as this game goes on.

In other news, Cousins is SHARP!

Archived