Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - Browns at REDSKINS

TK

1 minute ago, Bigmuss1 said:

I have no problem with that, my question would be, did they inform the players????

Norman looked very surprised 

doubtful. officiating crew probably made up their minds that if they saw it they were going to flag it.

but at the same time reed fires a pistol and holsters it after evedry first down. nobody cares.

Refs just want in on the norman action

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Calling for him to be fired is short-sighted? Why, do you imagine he has some sort of upside here, long term, even after another draft or two full of defensive talent (hopefully)?

I am not saying he is great or even good right now. But wanting him fired after 4 gms of his second season - right after a win where the D came up with TO is indeed short sighted as hell!

Not going to waste my time arguing because many of you have made up your minds - you did so when he was hired. But I will say look at the TOs and how many injuries there have been on D.

Just now, goskins10 said:

I am not saying he is great or even good right now. But wanting him fired after 4 gms of his second season - right after a win where the D came up with TO is indeed short sighted as hell!

Not going to waste my time arguing because many of you have made up your minds - you did so when he was hired. But I will say look at the TOs and how many injuries there have been on D.

Listen, I agree the talent sucks on the defense and the injuries are unfortunate. But I'm asking what you mean by "short-sighted". What's the ceiling with Barry, in your opinion, that makes firing him at any point "short-sighted" (a phrase that implies its a bad idea long-term).

I was going to express my outrage at having this "win is a win" feeling after a two score win but enough people are crying like wimps.  My main issue was on the offensive play calling.  We have an issue against the run, playing a team that is good at running and does not have a chunk game says more running and dink game.

• TK unpinned this topic

Check out the blog for Audio I just posted. I did one on one interviews with Ziggy Hood, Arie Kouandjio and Preston Smith. Murf did one on ones with Trent Williams, Kendall Fuller and Jordan Reed. Or you can just go here: 

http://es.redskins.com/files/category/40-2016-week-4-browns-at-redskins-post-game/

I know it's annoying to have to download these, fellas, but I promise it's worth it. Murf and I worked really hard at these and I feel like they came out just awesome. Remember, this is ES EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. These are one on one interviews from Murf and I and you'll only find it here. Don't miss out!   

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gruden just said Berry is doing a great job coaching up the defense.

Clearly Gruden just doesn't know what a good DC looks like.

He's not going to throw his DC under a bus in a press conference- what he said means nothing really. He has eyes and can see what all can see. 

If I was Gruden I'd be watching the defense film with Barry tomorrow morning first thing and asking for some explanations and looking to see what adjustments are going to be made. 

I don't think we will see him fired at this point but he'd be on a short lease for me.

Archived