Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Win or Lose: Still Rocking your Gear???

Renegade7

You still rocking your gear or what?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How does the Redskins winning effect you wearing Redskins gear the next day???

• If they win, I'm more likely to wear my gear
    • If they win, I'm less likely to wear my gear
  2. 2. How does the Redskins losing effect your wearing Redskins gear the next day???

• If they lose, I'm more likely to wear my gear
    • If they loss, I'm less likely to wear my gear
  3. 3. What about game day???

• I'm more likely to wear my gear if I think we'll win
    • I'm less likely to wear my gear if I think we'll win
    • I'm more likely to wear my gear if I think we'll lose
    • I'm less likely to wear my gear if I think we'll lose

So I walked into a car shop today, and got bumrushed by at least four Steeler fans.  One was bragging about not being from Virginia and another showing how she colored her nails.

My response: anyone can rock they gear when they winning.

So I'm not making this poll public because this isn't about shaming anyone or calling anyone out here.  Curious if people roll how I roll or similar:

1. I'm less likely to wear my gear after we win.  In fact, I rarely wear my gear if we win unless its Dallas week, and its because of the above and number 2:

2. I'm more more likely to wear my gear after we lose.  And that's intentional, I feel better about myself not running and hiding every time we get creamed on national TV.  That's just me, i'm used to it, doesn't bother me anymore.

3. I'm less likely to wear my gear if I think we'll win and more likely if I think we'll lose.  Its only within the last couple months that I admit outloud when I think we're going to lose.  It's not even a "we suck thing", its a brain over heart thing.  Again, I'm not running, so I'm not all decked out when I'm expecting us to handle business, and I'm not running if all the warning signs are pointing to us getting embarrassed.

There are no middle ground on these polls, so I don't want to hear "I always rock my colors" because you don't.  It's either less likely or more likely.  This a chance to really think about your subconscious here, because you may not even realize you are doing it (not trying to showboat when we win or think we'll win).  That's really what I'm looking for more then anything else.

I guess.  I just want to put out there that I know diehards (espceially older cats) that I rarely see rocking their teams gear. Like I have to go to work, and I already have a tattoo, I have nothing to prove.  To me, its more about supporting your team when they need it most.

also keep in mind, this thread is about game day and day after, not during the week.

I'm not so sure wearing the gear after a loss is helping the team "when they need it most".  

I don't have any specific routine with wearing Skins gear outside of every game day.  I used to be very superstitious but the Skins have found ways to defeat any superstition by losing no matter what shirt I wear or whether I shave or not.

Funny story my dad and i go to every home game. Today we walk into Primanti Bros restaurant in Hagerstown. I am wearing my Redskins Jersey. Outside of the restaurant everything is decked out in Steelers colors. I walk into the restaurant the waitress says you are in the wrong place we are a Steelers Restaurant and Bar. I go to the waitress in the middle of Ravens and Redskins country here. The guy behind the says you're damn straight. Long story short I wear my gear no matter what. 

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Seriously what job do you guys have where you can wear redskins jerseys on Monday?

I have a Redskins tie I wear, I also have various hoodies I wear on my way into/out of the office. I need to get a polo shirt or two but I never see any good deals on them, not gonna pay $50 for one

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not so sure wearing the gear after a loss is helping the team "when they need it most".  

Maybe, but even though we're supposed to show up on game day as fans, the team can tell when we've abandoned them, as can fans being abandoned from other fans.  There's something to be said about being in that carshop in Virginia and being surrounded by opposing fans and not a single Redskins fan in sight to defend me.  It was like that in school, and it was part of what lead some other fans my age to be less likely to rock their gear (had a champ baliey and Lavar jersey I used to rock back in the day, but took forever to get Redskins gear, can't eat it).  It can and does spiral, and big reason you see this generation gap between Gibbs year fans and people my age, the whole thing does come full circle.

Only wear a jersey when I actually go to the game. Sometimes wear a baseball hat when I haven't done anything with the hair.  But that is rarely.  Can't wear sports gear to work.  I have a Skins plate on the front of my truck and on the border on the back plate. Used to have a sun shade, but it fell apart.  At home, I never wear football gear.  Not sure why.  I have my Redskins/sports room full of stuff.  I have a Redskins blanket my ex-wife made me on the couch and a Redskins mouse pad for the laptop (I have to use a mouse, can't stand using the finger pad) when I come in here to piss and moan.

14 hours ago, zoony said:

Seriously what job do you guys have where you can wear redskins jerseys on Monday?

I have a Redskins pole and goes nicely with my slacks. My clients don't even know unless they are a Redskins fan. :D

Oh I don't have a job. I am self employed and run my own outsourced IT company. :) 

I wear my Redskins stuff thought out the whole year (almost every week). Football or no football. I have t-shirts and polo, and my kids have some jersey. The kids wear them to school regardless of football season or if they lose or win. The last thing you want is to only root for your team only if they are winning. To me that makes you a bandwagon fan or ashamed because they lost. 

HTTR!!! :)

I basically always wear the gear.  With work, i can't wear "gear".  But monday at bowling i'll wear the gear, win or lose.  I might not wear it after the game that sunday if i head out for any reason if they lose, thats about it.  The other days of the week i'll wear it.

The 3rd poll was odd to me, so i didnt answer.

Archived