Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

Opening what book, a history book which has been edited and written by liberal professors or liberal writers to reflect what they want you to believe?  Or, by doing research which may be contrary to what people have been taught.  I am curious as to what kind of book you would like me to read?  Remember, just because someone is a professor or so called "expert" doesn't mean they don't have an agenda.

18 hours ago, twa said:

You seem conflicted on that matter.

? That we owned businesses????? Or wealth?  Did you read what I posted?  I said we own business, but our businesses are not transient into other ethnic areas; Chinese restaurants, Corner stores, Department stores etc. Then you told me there are a bunch of black owned businesses next to you.  A question that comes to mind is how can you run a business, and on Extremeskins all the time?  Don't you have to work a lot to compete with all those black owned businesses.  With all these black owned businesses why do we have 50% of 1% of America's wealth.  You said that us owning business is new.  Really????? Did anyone hear about Black Wall Street?   It kills me. You would rather look at the post and not talk about the problem.  SO let me make this simple, WHY DO AFRICAN AMERICANS OWN ONLY 50% of 1% of AMERICAS WEALTH????  If you took all the wealth of African Americans and put on the table, there are 3 white men that can put their money on the table and they would have more.   

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

CK can sit during the anthem because that's what makes america great.

But those of you saying you don't like it, **** you you're small-minded POS's

:rolleyes:

i see what you did there LOL.  Cute.  But you get my drift, and you know what i meant.

Hey @tshile, ARE YOU A VETERAN?  HAVE YOU EVER SERVED?!?

veterans-for-kaepernick.jpg

Veterans-For-Kaepernick.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

I will wait with anticipation for my continued History lesson.

Your definition of research is digging deeper into conservative spin media. I really have no problem with that, although I did click through your links, watched them in the hopes that maybe at least one source will be unbiased and from a credible historian. Perhaps I would learn something new. Nope, it's all things you've already posted here and that have been discredited. Oh well, not sure why you went through the effort of finding your own posts, just in video form.

Part of public outreach we are taught to do as academics is knowing at what point you are dealing with people who are interested in an honest discussion centered around facts, and when to back off when you are dealing with people who are deeply entrenched in their own delusion. Can't help you if you are comfortable in your safespace of conservative spin.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

dont mind him, seriously. He arguing against facts at this point.

No, I'm not.

I never once claimed that slaves weren't recruited by the British.  I claimed that other Americans were forced into service by the British.  Some were slaves and some weren't.  This was apparently a common British practice. It was one of the causes of the war of 1812.

Also, I read the PBS article you posted.  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Opening what book, a history book which has been edited and written by liberal professors or liberal writers to reflect what they want you to believe? 

You couldn't find a better exhibit of what the conservative media has created. "Anything factual that contradicts our view of the world is all spin from liberal academia, which is out to get us!!"

Yup, all of us in academia have secret meetings where we figure out our annual agenda to distort history and science against the righteous conservatives. Busted!

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, youngchew said:

i see what you did there LOL.  Cute.  But you get my drift, and you know what i meant.

Yes, you want to support CK because it's his right to voice his opinion by criticizing other people for voicing their opinion about how CK voiced his opinion.

You called them simple-minded POSs for doing so.

*shrug* Obviously you can do that, but it's quite funny that you have done so.

And no, I haven't served. Have mixed feelings about the decision.

Edited by tshile

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Your definition of research is digging deeper into conservative spin media. I really have no problem with that, although I did click through your links, watched them in the hopes that maybe at least one source will be unbiased and from a credible historian. Perhaps I would learn something new. Nope, it's all things you've already posted here and that have been discredited. Oh well, not sure why you went through the effort of finding your own posts, just in video form.

Part of public outreach we are taught to do as academics is knowing at what point you are dealing with people who are interested in an honest discussion centered around facts, and when to back off when you are dealing with people who are deeply entrenched in their own delusion. Can't help you if you are comfortable in your safespace of conservative spin.

which is why I am backing off, you are clearly delusional and deeply entrenched in your thoughts on this and nothing factual will change your mind.  Just cuz you believe it so, doesn't make it factual.

2 hours ago, HooHog said:

#veteransforkaepernick went massively trending yesterday into today.  Just something to think about.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/31/us/veterans-for-kaepernick-trnd/index.html

Is it possible that the majority of those veterans were supporting his right to say it, but not actually agreeing with what he said?  That's what I have taken away from most of the ones I see.

59 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Not sure why this is still an issue. I personally think people are overreacting and just want to complain about something.

Kaepernick CLEARLY stated this is not an anti-military protest. Even the military themselves are backing him.

You know it's time to move on when Tony Stewart is calling someone else an idiot. 

#VeteransForKaepernick

I really hope none of those people in uniform are still on active duty.  Because if they are, their post was a violation of the UCMJ.  And it's that way because of the impression it gives (the part that I bolded).  To my knowledge, the MILITARY (ie. pentagon) has not come out and said anything about it.  People in uniform have which makes it look like its the opinion of the military.  Hence, why it isn't allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rskins06 said:

which is why I am backing off, you are clearly delusional and deeply entrenched in your thoughts on this and nothing factual will change your mind.  Just cuz you believe it so, doesn't make it factual.

I am glad we finally reached a consensus on our disagreement. Factual history is a giant liberal conspiracy. Experts are not to be trusted. Anti-intellectualism reigns supreme!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yup, all of us in academia have secret meetings where we figure out our annual agenda to distort history and science against the righteous conservatives. Busted!

Ironically there is a group that does this.

But they aren't academics

And they aren't very secretive about it, or what it is they want in and out of school books.

• Like 3

Just now, Rskins06 said:

As a member of the Military (of course, I don't speak on behalf of the military), I have ZERO issue with what CK has done.  Doesn't mean I like it, however, as I have said many times, it is HIS RIGHT to do it.

That's where I am on this too. I think he's gone about it the wrong way, but I don't fault someone for standing up (or sitting down in this case) for something they feel strongly about. It's his right as an American to be able to do something like this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boobiemiles said:

? That we owned businesses????? Or wealth?  Did you read what I posted?  I said we own business, but our businesses are not transient into other ethnic areas; Chinese restaurants, Corner stores, Department stores etc. Then you told me there are a bunch of black owned businesses next to you.  A question that comes to mind is how can you run a business, and on Extremeskins all the time?  Don't you have to work a lot to compete with all those black owned businesses.  With all these black owned businesses why do we have 50% of 1% of America's wealth.  You said that us owning business is new.  Really????? Did anyone hear about Black Wall Street?   It kills me. You would rather look at the post and not talk about the problem.  SO let me make this simple, WHY DO AFRICAN AMERICANS OWN ONLY 50% of 1% of AMERICAS WEALTH????  If you took all the wealth of African Americans and put on the table, there are 3 white men that can put their money on the table and they would have more.   

my area is largely Hispanic, is that not other ethnic areas?

I have noticed blacks seem more bunched up in the North.

I can multitask well :), I even work like dog in between annoying ya'll.

never said black owned businesses were new at all....you seem confused

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I am glad we finally reached a consensus on our disagreement. Factual history is a giant liberal conspiracy. Experts are not to be trusted. Anti-intellectualism reigns supreme!

Finally, we agree on something:)  Wait, did you just call me an anti-intellectual person?  Damn it.  Now, I am back to not agreeing with you.

Edited by Rskins06

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Ironically there is a group that does this.

But they aren't academics

And they aren't very secretive about it, or what it is they want in and out of school books.

Secret meetings about crafting narratives and brainwashing the public sound so much more fun than the **** we have to sit through. I sometimes secretly wish for the world far right media spins about "librul academics". It is 100% more exciting than what we actually do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yes, you want to support CK because it's his right to voice his opinion by criticizing other people for voicing their opinion about how CK voiced his opinion.

Is that what you think?!  :rofl89: You're dense.

Me?  Personally?  I think Kap should stand.  As a vet, I personally see it as a sign of respect.

However, if Kap doesn't want to stand, good for him.  It doesn't bother me in the least bit.  I took an oath to defend this country so that people like Kap CAN do what they want to do.  

Heavens to Bestsy, somebody has a different opinion.

People that can't understand that ARE small-minded.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 3

This is an interesting article about the use of the Anthem at sporting events. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I do think it's odd that we play the Anthem before every sporting event, but at the same time, it's tradition at this point. I'd be fine if they just resorted to only singing the Anthem before big time events like the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA/NHL Finals, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/31/sports/football/colin-kaepernicks-anthem-protest-underlines-union-of-sports-and-patriotism.html?ref=sports&_r=0

1 minute ago, MattFancy said:

That's where I am on this too. I think he's gone about it the wrong way, but I don't fault someone for standing up (or sitting down in this case) for something they feel strongly about. It's his right as an American to be able to do something like this.

And that's why I asked the question. This is the opinion I see in about 90% of the posts.

One further group that has not been discussed much but is ABSOLUTELY VITAL to understanding how the parties re-aligned on race is the Rockefeller Republican wing.

They were moderate and even moderately liberal on social issues, and were named after Nelson Rockefeller, Governor of New York, who sought the GOP nomination several times, most notably in 1964.

In 1964, Rockefeller was defeated by Barry Goldwater, who harnessed the power of the conservative wing to overthrow the more moderate Eastern Establishment.  This had far reaching impact, many of the moderate and even liberal GOP congressmen who had voted for the Civil Rights Act had pressure exerted on them and were often eventually pushed out.

Today, Rockefeller Republicans, or at least ones that fit the mould, are increasingly rare.  Many people who hold stances that would have been considered a part of the RR platform are today democrats.  The moderate wing of the GOP are sort of their descendants, but as time goes on the line is further and further blurred.  People like Colin Powell, for example, have called themselves Rockefeller Republicans, but  some have endorsed democrats in recent years (or like Lincoln Chafee, were Republicans before slowly evolving into Democrats).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

A black man with a clean record was as likely to get a job as a white felon.

No issues with your post, just wanted to correct this one sentence. I believe the study you referenced showed a black man with a clean record was actually LESS likely to get a job than a white felon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

yet you ignore the racial tensions of police interactions

yet you ignore that "black sounding names" tend not to get called in for interviews.

You are white, and have no idea how your privilege works. Its fine, you are not supposed to know. Thats how privilege works.

I am a man and I dont know how my privilege works, yet my girlfriend tells me not being worried about sexual violence is one.

I linked yout the PBS article. It explains it in there. You should read it.

Yet you ignore Affirmative Action and it's being used incorrectly for the benefit of blacks, minorities, and women

You come off as a 'know it all' and you're always right... hmmm and you'd like a meaningful conversation?

Edited by SemperFi Skins

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

you must not forget chemtrails

I have friend (acquaintance, really) with whom I cant walk outside without him looking up and saying 'look, chemtrails'.

huge sandy hook, 9/11 conspiracy theorist.

really crazy stuff.