Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

I like to watch games/teams that have multiple potential pro players.  One of those teams this year is the Florida Gators.  Just some guys to watch because I think they will all be drafted (or be sot after free agents) this year. Bonus, some could fill potential needs for the Skins.

#20 Marcus Maye - Safety  6-0 216

#31 Teez Tabor - DB 6-0 201

#40 Jarrad Davis - MLB 6-2 238

#57 Caleb Brantley - DL 6-2 297

#78 David Sharpe - OL(tackle) 6-6 357

#81 Antonio Callaway - WR 5-11 197

#91 Joey Ivie - DL 6-3 301

#94 Bryan Cox - DL 6-3 269

And for the future they have a few guys to keep an eye on.

#92 Jabari Zuniga - DL 6-3 245 (Freshman) Gets consistant PT as a FR and has some impact plays.

#99 Jachai Polite - DL 6-2 271 (Freshman) Gets PT as a FR.

#25 Jordan Scarlett - RB 5-10 213 (Sophomore) Pretty quick and powerful...seems to be able to catch.

#32 Jordan Cronkite - RB 5-11 204 (Sophomore) Not as quick as Scarlett but runs super hard and can catch.

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If we took a 276 pound DT to play end with the 10th pick in the draft, I would smash the mother****ing internet.

So everything stays the same then.

Redskins keep sucking in the run game on O and D and Koolblue keeps smashing the internet. It's nice that life has some consistent factors. :)

Just now, wilco_holland said:

So everything stays the same then.

Redskins keep sucking in the run game on O and D and Koolblue keeps smashing the internet. It's nice that life has some consistent factors. :)

And we keep playing people out of position.

If you get a top 10 pick you can draft an impact player with less bust factor, then a guy out of position.

I am all for D line and MLB. Hell McCaffrey might be worth it there.

But a DT who's light enough to play OLB? No. Hope he bulks up right? Hope he excels at a different position? No.

Yes, I'd be furious.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

And we keep playing people out of position.

If you get a top 10 pick you can draft an impact player with less bust factor, then a guy out of position.

Yeah I also hate it when GM's and coaches think they are smart by playing guys out of position. That they can coach them up. 

Just play a guy to his strengts and what comes natural to him. That works out the best 

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Yeah I also hate it when GM's and coaches think they are smart by playing guys out of position. That they can coach them up. 

Just play a guy to his strengts and what comes natural to him. That works out the best 

Look at Murphy. He's a DE. Play him at DE for 2 weeks, you get 2 sacks and 2 FF and then some.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Most 34 OLBs do come from DEs and I'm sure switching from a 43 DT to a 34 DE isn't rocket science. But we're not drafting scientist, were only drafting"football players".

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Look at Murphy. He's a DE. Play him at DE for 2 weeks, you get 2 sacks and 2 FF and then some.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Most 34 OLBs do come from DEs and I'm sure switching from a 43 DT to a 34 DE isn't rocket science. But we're not drafting scientist, were only drafting"football players".

except Murphy was not a DE.  Stanford played a 3-4.  Murphy is that rare guy, someone who always played a 3-4 OLB

Just now, carex said:

and everything I've seen has said olb.  He was a DE in high school, and he played some DE at Stanford but OLB was his primary position

http://www.tmurphy93.com/2016/08/09/from-the-edge-and-back-again/

I guess we're both right. He was a LB for 2 years pro/college.

Now he's both. Cool read too. I really like Murphy.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000712344/top-10-sleeper-qb-prospects

Top 10 sleeper QB prospects

1. Cooper Rush, Central Michigan

I agree with Western Michigan head coach P.J. Fleck that Rush will be coveted by NFL teams during the draft process. He's a bright, mature player who hangs in the pocket to make throws, has very good accuracy to all levels of the field, and can make first downs with his feet. Does he have a plus arm? No. But if you were to put him in an NFL offense right now, I suspect the moment wouldn't be too big for him. Expect him to climb up boards as the draft season progresses.

Lord have mercy Vic Beasley.  Four sacks today.  I know a lot of us were fans of his during the 2015 draft and liked him as the pick at 5 over the other pass rushers.  I'm satisfied with Scherff, but it's bittersweet to see him start to realize his potential for another team.  I think he's going to be a really good one.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Malik McDowell is the truth.  That mock is already out of date though.  There is no way we're going to draft high enough to get him.  We've already got three wins and I think we're on track to win at least 8 or 9.  I think we end up picking early 20's again.

Yeah, he's nasty and would be just what we need. 

Not sure we're going to be picking in the 20s. I think we're about an 8-8 team and that doesn't look like a playoff season this year.

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Lord have mercy Vic Beasley.  Four sacks today.  I know a lot of us were fans of his during the 2015 draft and liked him as the pick at 5 over the other pass rushers.  I'm satisfied with Scherff, but it's bittersweet to see him start to realize his potential for another team.  I think he's going to be a really good one.

He was going up against the Broncos back-up RT who just came back from shoulder surgery and had no strength whatsoever. He had to play because their starting RT was out for the game (at least that's what the commentators said). I don't want to take anything away from Vic Beasley but the RT just looked lost.

All in all Vic Beasley hasn't been as good as expected and one game with 4 sacks doesn't change that for me.

Archived