Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

24 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Great TD catches for both teams, back to back. 

You're talking about Irish/Longhorns right?  That crowd is really doing their job tonight.  They are loud, involved, & keeping those young Texas players pumped up!  I certainly hope to see that kind of energy September 12th in Landover.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

If Cousins doesn't work out, DeShone Kizer is my dude.  Loved him last year.

Only hope that Brian Kelly doesn't ruin him with this dumb offense.  He's a natural drop back dude.

Questions or concerns?

On 9/4/2016 at 10:57 AM, clskinsfan said:

After spending ALL DAY in front of the TV (it's so good to have football back). I came away feeling basically the same thing I thought at the end of last season. The RB depth in the upcoming draft is ridiculous. This running back class reminds me of the 1983 QB draft class. 

What a great weekend of football.  The game tonight will wrap up a week 1 like I've never seen.  I haven't had access to a TV very often on Saturdays before the last couple years though, I was working on the road.  I just finished watching Texas - Notre Dame from DVR, I avoided scores so it was live to me.  

I can't wait to watch Kelly tonight, then NFL on Thursday, it's real now and I can't get enough.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2659480-chad-kellys-redemption-story-now-has-a-greater-purpose

Kelly's completion percentage of 65 on throws outside of the numbers led all Power Five quarterbacks, and his 67 percent of completed passes when defenses had seven or more in the box topped the SEC. He also led the league with seven fourth-quarter passing TDs.View image on Twitter

When given more than 2.5 seconds to throw, no returning college QB rated higher than @OleMissFB's Chad Kelly.

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That changed quickly, wow

That 3rd quarter for Kelly was painful to watch with the turnovers.  He's made some bad throws the whole game, but he keeps slingin' it.

FSU looks so explosive the 2nd half, they do that after looking so flat in the 1st half.  I don't know how Fisher does it but he gets 'em going after halftime.

Cook's not busting off the big runs he's known for, and had the oops play. But damn does he look good turning plays where his OL is blown backwards into 3-4 yard gains entirely through his own vision and footwork. NFL teams are going to love that.

Walter Football's list of Center prospects.: 
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017C.php

Pat Elfein has Burgundy and Gold written all over him. See this article:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/12/why_pat_elflein_passed_up_on_t.html

Phillips talks about Elflein, whom he coached for four years at Pickering North High School, the way high school coaches speak about a select group of players who come around every so often. The kind of guys who come out of central casting when coaches say, "Send me a football player."

He's an NFL talent, he's been a two-time first-team All-Big Ten selection, he won a National Championship and as a fourth-year guy, most of his friends are leaving this year anyway.
The work ethic is the kind of thing Phillips is talking about when calls Elflein a warrior.

Warinner used similar words to describe Elflein: "Tough, aggressive, high energy, loves football, rugged, coachable. High integrity guy, smart. He's the whole package."

On 9/4/2016 at 7:48 PM, DC9 said:

If Cousins doesn't work out, DeShone Kizer is my dude.  Loved him last year.

Only hope that Brian Kelly doesn't ruin him with this dumb offense.  He's a natural drop back dude.

I don't think the Skins can stand another disappointment at QB any time soon.  And, I would be very surprised if Cousins disappoints.

I am new to this forum, but isn't it pretty early to be discussing the 2017 draft already?

7 minutes ago, HanburgerBum said:

I don't think the Skins can stand another disappointment at QB any time soon.  And, I would be very surprised if Cousins disappoints.

I am new to this forum, but isn't it pretty early to be discussing the 2017 draft already?

Nope. It's a tradition the past 4-5 years for Dukes and Skins to start the draft thread in late August. If college football is on, we're talking about it. 

It used to be that prospect talk started earlier and earlier every year because of how bad we were and how high our 1st was going to be...but in recent years a more hardcore/interested mini draftnik community has been forming here on ES so we talk prospects almost year-round. Having a good GM is probably a bit of an incentive to care more, too.

20 minutes ago, HanburgerBum said:

No, it's not too early.

And I agree, I don't see Cuzzo having a let down.

It's going to be really hard to use all of that banging cornerback depth and third safety we acquired while stuck in the base defense.  We have got to figure out a way to stop the run.  And unfortunately I think that means adding a massive influx in talent to the interior of the defense.  Our interior DL, ILB, and Safety situation is pretty ghastly.  We'll have cap space this spring, but I think the bulk of that talent is going to have to come from the draft.  Which means we'll need to get lucky.

Safety class is unusually strong at the top.  Chance for that to be BPA in the first.  Also upgrades in the running game should be BPA options in the first and second rounds.  Although, I'll say that if we draft a RB, he should be able to catch because our coaching staff doesn't like to run the ball.

Archived