Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

Jamal Adams would be a great pick. Scot needs to hit a homerun in this draft, and who knows, maybe Doctson could get healthy and contribute next season (doubtful but always hopeful). This offseason is going to be extremely interesting with the amount of cap space we have and the amount of guys we can re-sign. I don't know nearly much about this draft, but adding some impact guys with the amount of picks Scot has can really keep us pushing in the right direction 

Man, I hope McCaffrey stock is falling. This kid slips to second round you got about as good a utility back/WR as you will ever see. I would use him the way NE uses RBs, I would have a field day with defense with our already talented team

55 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Man, I hope McCaffrey stock is falling. This kid slips to second round you got about as good a utility back/WR as you will ever see. I would use him the way NE uses RBs, I would have a field day with defense with our already talented team

Don't you think that would be a bit of a luxury pick? I feel like we have invested enough in our skill positions. Time to draft some guys to make our defense nasty

39 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Don't you think that would be a bit of a luxury pick? I feel like we have invested enough in our skill positions. Time to draft some guys to make our defense nasty

No way... I favor the BPA strategy all day long. If you are sure fire that you have a starter when your pick comes up, draft that person every time. McCaffrey is a football player that will be a swiss army knife that can contribute on special teams

19 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

No way... I favor the BPA strategy all day long. If you are sure fire that you have a starter when your pick comes up, draft that person every time. McCaffrey is a football player that will be a swiss army knife that can contribute on special teams

I'm definitely in the BPA boat as well, and honestly I haven't watched enough of CM to form a solid opinion on how he'd fit in our offense. Ideally, I want our first 3 picks to be LB/S, DL, EDGE. But, if McCaffrey can be a between-the-tackles RB, and also can motion out and obliterate LB's in coverage, that's a pick that can make our O even more dangerous. 

Personally I like Zach Cunningham. If we maybe could team him up with Sua you have a very athletic LB duo. Only thing I might question is his size. I'm fan of the old skool big hard hitting LB's who can blow up blocks. Cunningham does pretty well against blocks...but I'm little scared that a Cunningham - Sua duo would get blown up by teams like Dallas. 

I'm also intrigued by Vita Vea. He would be so nice in the center of our Dline. I see him as a Chris Baker with more potential and athletic abilitie. Explosive big man who plays pretty hard. Only I could see him say in school because Washington looks to be a program on the rise. 

On 8.11.2016 at 9:50 PM, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't know why they don't have him as a first rounder but if Malik Hooker is still available when we pick I would take him in a heartbeat. That guy is a beast.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I don't know why they don't have him as a first rounder but if Malik Hooker is still available when we pick I would take him in a heartbeat. That guy is a beast.

For the moment I am on board with this too, could play strong, could play free.  IMO safety is as big of a need if not more than DL.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For the moment I am on board with this too, could play strong, could play free.  IMO safety is as big of a need if not more than DL.

The top end of this draft fits us really well. Lots of DL, ILB and most importantly, Safety!

With all the picks we have this year, hopefully, a lot of our future starters will come from this draft.

45 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Speaking of TE. Did anyone watch Toledo last night? Their TE, Michael Roberts was impressive. 6'5" 270, is athletic and can run. That's the type of two-way TE that could be a late round gem.

Is he fast for being that large, or is he legitimately fast for the position?  Can he threaten a LB down the seam?

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Is he fast for being that large, or is he legitimately fast for the position?  Can he threaten a LB down the seam?

He caught a crossing route at the 15 and out ran two defenders to the pylon to score. Not sure what his 40 time is, but dude does not look 270 pounds when he's running, very fluid strides.

On November 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM, SemperFi Skins said:

the hell with any other TE... Bucky Hodges is the real deal....

As a VT fan, I love the guy but I'm not sure his blocking is up to NFL TE standards but somebody better at that than I am can weigh in. He's played I think exclusively WR this year.

But yeah, pairing a guy of his size,  athleticism and hands with Reed in the middle of the field would a nightmare. That's a flexible lineup too since either he or Reed could split wide 

Also, I don't know if you've heard...but he's 6' 7

CBS currently has Jonathan Allen as their #1 overall prospect.  They are lost right now.  I like him, but that is significantly overrating the kid.  An interior defensive lineman needs to be special to be in the top five to ten range.  Allen is good but he is not special.  Myles Garrett and Malik McDowell are way better than him.

I think Malik is a top five talent.  IMO he's the best DL in the class.  He's got an elite combination of length, power, and initial quickness.  But I'm not sure where he'll get picked.  He's been dealing with injuries this year and is hurt right now and not every team is going to know where to play him.  His frame is massive but he's not filled out yet.  My guess is he'll go top ten but I could see him falling into the teens and some team getting a massive bargain.  Teams value such different traits in DLs and they come in such a variety so that DLs tend to be somewhat volatile and unpredictable in their draft stock.  NFL teams also do a pretty horrible job at evaluating the position truth be told.  Case in point, A'Shawn Robinson was a better prospect than Jonathan Allen last season, but he falls into the second round and Allen is now a potential top five choice?

Bottom line, it's possible, but I'd be surprised if we had a chance to pick him.  He's such an obvious impact player on film that I don't think he's going to be overlooked.

Archived