Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

Ray Lewis would struggle playing behind this D-Line.     But yes, our ILB's are average at best.

10 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I LOVE Cunningham, think he would be ideal for Barry's scheme. Unfortunately, I think there's about a 2% chance he'll be available at the Skins pick.

There's about a 2% chance Barry will be the D-Coordinator....although you never know with Gruden...he's scared to make changes....unless it's RG3

44 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

There's about a 2% chance Barry will be the D-Coordinator....although you never know with Gruden...he's scared to make changes.

I'd say there is a 98% chance Barry is back next year. I might even guarantee it. We never make changes like that. They're buddies, he will be here for many more years. 

People hype up Compton's speed? His lack of athleticism is his biggest downfall imo, which is why it's also baffling that he's not a smarter player (despite all the offseason hype about his audible chess matches with Cousins), as he currently seems to have no upside at all. He needs to be replaced ASAP.

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Compton is better than Foster. That's not a compliment.

I also don't want to be hopeful about 7th round picks developing as an answer.

Last night we saw exactly what a solid MLB will do for a defense, while the middle of ours was wide open.

He's not better than Foster. As a matter of fact, it's not even close. Compton is the single biggest weak link on the defense. He's slow, misses tackles, misreads plays and gets blocked out of almost every play. He's the worst starting ILB this team has had since Warrick Holdman. I'm appalled that he's still on the team let a lone a starter and captain. He's a disaster waiting to happen each and every week. 

3 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

He's not better than Foster. As a matter of fact, it's not even close. Compton is the single biggest weak link on the defense. He's slow, misses tackles, misreads plays and gets blocked out of almost every play. He's the worst starting ILB this team has had since Warrick Holdman. I'm appalled that he's still on the team let a lone a starter and captain. He's a disaster waiting to happen each and every week. 

Single biggest weak link is a stretch, considering our two safeties and our slot corner are abysmal right now. But I want Scot to pound the table to get Compton out of that starting spot for next season. We desperately need more speed on our defense

Archived