Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

I think we have proven that we won't reach for a defensive player just because it's defense. Our needs were the same last year and we chose Doctson. There is no doubt we need to spend $ on our D. A balance of FA and the draft is the way to go imo. Would be thrilled with an ILB or S with our first pick if it works out like that.

Bottom line is TALENT wins football games. I'm ok drafting whoever we think has the most to offer in that department regardless of position.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

While it's aesthetically pleasing, why should anyone care about a pass rushers 40 time? Pretty strange to try and generate buzz from that

If you can have a LB that can run down RB's and QB's, that's an asset/weapon.

2 minutes ago, DM72 said:

If you can have a LB that can run down RB's and QB's, that's an asset/weapon.

Yeah but that's more short area quickness than long speed. I mean maybe he could be used in coverage more, but his 40 time wouldn't tell me that he has any coverage ability.

I haven't seen anything on the guy so maybe his tape says that he has the explosion to go with it

How many times have we watched an otherwise good passrusher in Kerrigan win the edge against an OT just to get outrun to the sideline by a QB? It's not a top-5 or even top-10 trait for a passrusher probably but it's nice to have.

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

While it's aesthetically pleasing, why should anyone care about a pass rushers 40 time? Pretty strange to try and generate buzz from that

In case you need to run down a reciever down the field ofcourse! :P

But yeah pretty useless

7 hours ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Where is the button we press to make this happen, right now. 

My best bet would be Paddo's...but I have no idea how you would call these mushrooms drugs in English. 

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

Saw someone Tweet about him last night, and I didn't see his highlight tape...but apparently a guy named Billy Brown out of Shepherd University (WV) is getting some attention.  Flat out dominated as a WR.  6'4" 241.  99 catches for over 1500 yards and 22 TDs. 

He is a local guy, from Maryland. So if he doesn't go to the combine we can invite him to our team local combine. 

I've got to say I wasn't as blown away by Takkarist McKinley's speed as I expected to be.  He wasn't usually the first one off the line of scrimmage and he wasn't putting the tackle on his heels to try and keep him from the edge.  I was expecting Vic Beasley and McKinley was not that.  If he runs 4.4, he doesn't play 4.4.  Tim Williams plays a lot faster and looks a lot better at turning speed into power.

He looks a lot taller than his 6'2 listing though.  Usually the listings aren't that far off (or they exaggerate up).  McKinley looks like he's 6'4-6'5 out there.

2 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

My best bet would be Paddo's...but I have no idea how you would call these mushrooms drugs in English. 

We, in typically creative English fashion, just call psilocybin mushrooms:

- mushrooms

- magic mushrooms

- or shrooms

We have five million slang words for marijuana though.

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Meetings at St. Pete. 

Washington Redskins - Michigan running back De'Veon Smith, Auburn wide receiver Tony Stevens, and Michigan cornerback Channing Stribling 

De'Veon is interesting because of his pass blocking...but I think he might not be a big enough threat in the passing game or runner.

* DJ posted his early top 50  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft

38 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Was just going through it, you got Coey Davis, Mike Williams and Solomon Thomas in the top 10.  McKinley at 22.  Budda Baker 24.  Alvin Kamara at 26 -- that's higher than I recall seeing him anywhere else.   Lot of corners in the top 32.   Peppers all the way down to 33.  Malik McDowell at 39. 

I've seen Marcus Williams in the 2nd round a bunch including by DJ here, I've not looked at him but he sounds like a tailor made FS.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

De'Veon is interesting because of his pass blocking...but I think he might not be a big enough threat in the passing game or runner.

* DJ posted his early top 50  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft

Maybe not but he's a downfield straightahead power runner. He would be great as part of a RBBC

Archived