Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

Blackmon at safety is interesting. Versatility could be his best friend when it comes to making the team. Being able to play two positions is huge for value.

No doubt the safety position is one of the most intriguing battles this preseason. Bruton is the guy I'm really looking forward to seeing in the first preseason game. Not to mention how they will use Cravens, although I highly doubt we'll see the real plans for him until the regular season.

If Matt Jones and Preston Smith really do completely beast out this year, this team will be very very good.

Seeing Jones say that Pad Level is as important as anything, to me, is huge.

Agree, I've been saying since day one with Jones that his pad level was too high. If he can learn to run behind his pads with his size and speed he will be a load. It will help his ball security and injury issues as well.

Its easier said than done though. If he's been running that way since he was a kid, through High School and College it will take a lot of work to change the muscle memory. 

I appreciate the enthusiastic tweets from Chad Ryan, but I wouldn't buy anything my man says in those tweets.

If you followed him at last year's camp, you'd think RGIII was Aaron Rodgers.

Mike Jones and John Keim seem to be the more reliable TC tweets sources.

And yes, I freaking love this thread.

To be fair the consensus among the media was RGIII had a great camp last year. It was when we got to preseason and a live pass rush that things went backwards fast. 

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 55s56 seconds ago

Norman on this camp compared to Carolina: "Best thing is no dorm room, I've got a nice hotel room." #Redskins

Norman says Jackson's speed and ability will help him get better to face "the Giants" (didn't mention OBJ by name). #RedskinsInRVA

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 2m2 minutes ago

CSN Redskins Retweeted CSN Redskins

Norman says the feel of the Redskins' atmosphere is similar to that of the Panthers' in 2015.

Agree, I've been saying since day one with Jones that his pad level was too high. If he can learn to run behind his pads with his size and speed he will be a load. It will help his ball security and injury issues as well.

Its easier said than done though. If he's been running that way since he was a kid, through High School and College it will take a lot of work to change the muscle memory. 

High pads and low knees, I think is what lead coach to publicly call out his head and heart. 

Now, according to Scot and Jay, he was all in this offseason and is a different person.

If we have a legit 230lbs back, with patience and vision and 20mph speed, who catches like a WR and can pass block, well, that gives me the chills to think about as the last missing piece in what could be an incredible offense.

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 3m3 minutes ago

"Looking forward to more of it" - Norman on DJax because it makes both of them better #Redskins

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 5m5 minutes ago

Norman on going against DeSean: "He's elite. His speed is elite. Off the charts." #Redskins

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 6s6 seconds ago

"Just because I got paid and am one of the highest paid guys on the squad, doesn't change anything. I'm out here to work" -Norman

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 22s23 seconds ago

Norman on new team, big paycheck: "Be the same guy. For me, it's always been God, La Familia and football."

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 1m1 minute ago

"It's like going to a new school, have to make friends all over again" - Norman on coming to #Redskins from Panthers

ESPN 980 @espn980 2m2 minutes ago

.@J_No24 on Odell Beckham Jr.: "I must be doing something right [...] he's talking about me but I ain't talking about him." #Redskins

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 3m3 minutes ago

"I guess if a guy talks about you that much, you must be doing something right." - Norman on OBJ #Redskins

2. "He's talking about me. I'm not talking about him." - Josh Norman on OBJ #Redskins

Washington Redskins @Redskins 33s34 seconds ago

"My goal is five forced fumbles this camp, so I'm gonna be lurking." Norman using his competitiveness to help Matt Jones get better.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 1m1 minute ago

Norman is doing everything he can to make his teammates better, even like motivating RB Matt Jones to get better at protecting the ball.

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 3m3 minutes ago

"He can be the best" - Norman on Breeland #Redskins

With Norman and McCloughan both calling D Jax elite recently, I think his impact as a player here is really underestimated by the national media, and even our own fan base at times.  I think it's clear we'd keep him over Garcon if it comes to that this off-season.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 4m4 minutes ago

Josh Norman loves football. Comes through in every single interview he does. It's no wonder his teammates all praise him.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Norman told Matt Jones his goal is to get 5 forced fumbles this camp, but Jones keeps holding the ball high and tight so he's had no luck.

Carol Maloney @carolmaloney4 30s30 seconds ago Richmond, VA

Good to see @Theismann7 at #Redskins camp .. having a moment with @J_No24 and Doc Walker

Coi240TUsAAIReR.jpg

I dont think anything we got was a bonus. I dont think they spent a first round pick in him thinking they werent gonna get anything out of him. It's hard enough for a rookie WR, but a rookie that's got next to no reps? Even when he comes back, he'll be behind the 8-ball.

No need to panic yet, but they still cant be happy about this.

He would have been 4th or 5th in line heading to camp behind Djax, Pierre, Jamison and possibly Grant. So, he wouldn't have gotten a lot of plays anyway during the regular season. We don't know how long he'll be out. Like I said, if it's halfway through camp, I'll be concerned. He comes back in the next week or so, he'll get plenty of reps. Doesn't sound serious and it sounds like it's more of a precaution and not a concern.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 22m22 minutes ago

Play of the day: Cousins performing under a pass rush read it in BRBN Tandler's

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 1m1 minute ago

Ihenacho is a guy that could get more playing time than some people think. He's getting a decent amount of reps. #Redskins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 5m5 minutes ago

Golston is still getting the first team reps at DT/NT, nobody seems to be challenging his spot (just yet!)

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 7m7 minutes ago

Bruton and Hall continue to be getting most of the starting looks at Safety. #Redskins

Whatnot. If someone here gets this job because of this, you owe me a beer. A good one.

17 retweets11 likes

I now have a goal in life 

BPA and need are about how you bucketize your options.  In a full-on need approach, you bucketize by need then rank so a given bucket only has players for one position.  In a pure BPA approach, you bucketize by rank and then need so a given bucket may have players from many positions.  Thing is, as you modify a BPA approach, YOUR ranking of a player is going to be effected by your needs. So, if you need pass rushers, you are going to put more pass rushers in your higher ranked buckets while moving low need but higher ranked players to lower ranked buckets.

He also said if guys were ranked the same from different positions he MAY have made some different choices if he had known Galette would be unavailable. In other words, he wouldn't have said pass rush to the exclusion of all else, but if there was a pass rusher available he had ranked just as high as another position that he took, he may have gone that way instead.

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 7s7 seconds ago

redskins​.com >> 5 Takeaways: Josh Norman's July 29 Presser http://buzztap.com/-y1779e

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 7s7 seconds ago

redskins​.com >> 5 Takeaways: Josh Norman's July 29 Presser http://buzztap.com/-y1779e

https://twitter.com/AnthonyRaposa/status/759078698712784900

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 5m5 minutes ago

DeSean making him better, responding to OBJ's comments [again] & more. Norman 5 Takeaways: http://bit.ly/2ajY2XA 

CojJQbRVUAEroNo.jpg

Very confused regarding Doctson.  Reading that GMSM busted his hand when he heard the news but that the prognosis has improved since then.  But then everyone's acting like it's still three months.

I confused. :(

Same here. I hope they don't rush him back though. We don't need this to be a long term problem.

How easy is it to be a fan of this team right now? Hell, even Snyder is doing all of the right things (Paying for Zee's funeral, may he rest in peace, getting the bubble rebuilt etc.)

How easy is it to be a fan of this team right now? Hell, even Snyder is doing all of the right things (Paying for Zee's funeral, RIP #HTTR

That is how I took the interview as well.

He was saying the Redskins need probably one more good draft (which I took to mean some of the players in this year's draft stepping up as well as next years) for the team to TRULY be a contender.

The team is getting there. :)

As the Boss, you never publicly state that you are satisfied with where you are, if you do, you are slipping backwards while even standing still.....You must constantly demand more to achieve more. Your point is correct, but I don't see Scot letting up ever, nor should he. It's about the pursuit of perfection. 

I dont think anything we got was a bonus. I dont think they spent a first round pick in him thinking they werent gonna get anything out of him. It's hard enough for a rookie WR, but a rookie that's got next to no reps? Even when he comes back, he'll be behind the 8-ball.

No need to panic yet, but they still cant be happy about this.

Exactly my point. So we don't need him, than should we be happy that we spent a top pick on him if we could so easily do without? 

Archived