Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton 4m4 minutes ago

Emmanual Benton Retweeted Emmanual Benton

Even though it was under thrown, he did a good job showing makeup speed and using his length

Emmanual Benton added,

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton
Regardless of pass: Breeland did a great job staying patient here. Think he thought 11 would cut inside. Hard to def https://twitter.com/courtneehendrix/status/759118222989860865 

Redskins Report @redskins_fanly 6m6 minutes ago

Vernon Davis Still In 'Love' With Football #HTTR http://app.fanly.me/article/XIsluNYWZf 

John Keim @john_keim 9m9 minutes ago

Redskins remove linebacker Perry Riley from PUP list read it in BRBN

2. Josh Doctson on McCloughan's hand injury: "I thought he was playing around, but he was being for real." read it in BRBN RTD

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 13m13 minutes ago

I told you he was here. Former #Redskins GM Bobby Beathard w Bruce Allen

CokGYw2WgAAJFM5.jpg

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 
keim_john_m.jpg

Linebacker Su'A Cravens made a highlight play Friday with a leaping interception. He said he didn't have to do much. But what he did well: get to the right spot. Cravens did so with a correct read of the back. Quarterback Colt McCoy couldn't get the ball over Cravens' head.

Carol Maloney @carolmaloney4 18m18 minutes ago Richmond, VA

The scariest moment in today's #Redskins training camp practice with must see happy ending @J_No24

Greg Burton @hardlyworkin950 31m31 minutes ago

Great guy @Niles_Paul84 signing for the fans after our interview @redskinsrva #HTTR

CokDIaQUIAAEPrK.jpg

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 28m28 minutes ago

1f5e3.png It's going to take time for Josh Norman to adjust to a new team & scheme

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 22s22 seconds ago

Breeland had another very good day. Had great coverage against Jackson on a comeback route, also recovered well on a go route for a PBU

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 2m2 minutes ago

Breeland also jammed a WR (didn't see who) from the numbers all the way out of bounds.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 7m7 minutes ago

Also heard Gruden coaching up Nate Sudfeld, coaching him up. Gruden acted as a deep safety, yelled "Gotta look me off!"

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 15m15 minutes ago

First miracle of Training Camp: Don't want to jinx it, but pretty sure I escaped a sunburn today. Take that, Sun!

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 12m12 minutes ago

Little fun between Gruden and Mack Brown today. Brown dropped a catch in the flat. Gruden said "****... We'll leave you in the backfield"

As noted earlier, @DeSeanJackson11 's custom visor is some hot #Redskins fire. (View full size)

CokNRbYWIAAF2qp.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 18m18 minutes ago

CokMjAKXEAEno9L.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 20m20 minutes ago

Day 2 in the 1f4da.png. 1f4f7.png: http://redsk.in/2aPQWJ9 

CokMVCmWEAAq60P.jpg
CokMVCoWEAAjdln.jpg

1. JP Finlay Retweeted Chase Hughes

Forced fumble and a pick today.

JP Finlay added,

Chase Hughes @chasehughesCSN
    @JPFinlayCSN How does Cravens look?
    0 retweets 3 likes

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 4s5 seconds ago

Robbie Duncan Retweeted Evan Newton

I wouldn't be. I don't think Norman is used to a guy like DJax. I think he's still adjusting to the new scheme too.

Robbie Duncan added,

Evan Newton @Evan23Newton
@DeadeyeDunkan Great coverage of camp today. Should we like, be a tad concerned about a J.No repeatedly getting toasted (at least from vids)

Pierre Garçon @PierreGarcon 2m2 minutes ago

Getting my little guys ready for their football season as well. #FutureRedSkins #HTTR �... https://sqor.com/posts/4deac4df-cfab-426b-afce-b5c21738e66c/uid/28940 

Ashburning Retweeted michael phillips

Harvest Festival dates, no doubt. :P;)

Ashburning added,

michael phillips @michaelpRTD
Redskins will have a "team announcement" Saturday at the facility. No word on what it is. Bruce Allen in attendance.

I think it's either about a uniform addition/change or the announcement about the new stadium.

Something with the uniform would be cool, change it up a little. 

I think he mentioned something about it a few months ago.  But I don't remember exactly what or exactly when or what was said.

Another thing to note... defense ALWAYS dominates early in camp.  Offense is timing, defense is reaction.  I think that it would be worrisome if the defense was getting shredded as a unit here early on.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 1h1 hour ago

Report: Training Camp Day 2 The #Redskins defense had the upper-hand today. Read: http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/report-training-camp-day-2/ 

CokSIC9W8AAfCi1.jpg

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 1h1 hour ago

Gruden said today that Kory Lichtensteiger was up to 294 pounds. Extra size helped him anchor against Baker one on one and win the block

Jim Corbett @ByJimCorbett 13m13 minutes ago

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan day to day with wrist wrap after punching wall upset 1st rd WR Josh Doctson's Achilles soreness was more serious

Washington Redskins @Redskins 20m20 minutes ago

#Redskins will have first '16 #SkinsCamp practice in pads tomorrow (weather permitting): http://redsk.in/2aCS8n9 

CokcFySWIAANoX-.jpg

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 4h4 hours ago

Ty Nsekhe won't start this year, obviously, but he's better than a backup. Hasn't lost a battle yet. Uses his size very well.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 3h3 hours ago

Cousins has been showing confidence, and the space between him and his backup isn't even close. #Redskins

Thought Trent Murphy flashed today too. One play against Nsekhe in 1-on-1s, took a few steps outside before quickly ducking back inside

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1h1 hour ago

Intensity. Competition. #SkinsCamp. 1f3a5.png: http://redsk.in/2akfs4h 

Saw Ioannidis walking off the field after practice, carrying two or three extra helmets back to the locker room. Part of being a rookie

Marshall @M_W_19 29m29 minutes ago

Kerrigan looks like he didn't do any messing around this off season. Looks like a monster, early reviews encouraging.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 54s54 seconds ago

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 2m2 minutes ago

VIDEO: David Bruton Jr. kindly reminded new teammate Josh Norman who won the Super Bowl: http://ow.ly/1W3K302KDVo 

CokiSGVWgAADtb8.jpg

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 4m4 minutes ago

Breeland has been a stud so far during camp. It's early, but most impressive player on the defense so far. #Redskins

Cokh3mQW8AAuajq.jpg

They have been at camp for a day. No pads.

And from that, you formulate that one player will be better than our best player?

Love it.

nope just that confident in breeland..and what makes ya so sure Norman is the best player on the team...other than because the money he just got paid?..I said it when we first signed Norman

I realy can't help but to think Breeland Is going to have a bigger year than Norman.. don't get me wrong I think we'll see some excellent things from Norman but I think Breeland will have the upper hand

I think Breeland is very motivated.  The competition will be great for him.

Would  like to see more black added to the uniform....

I think it'll be more simple.  Like burgundy pants.

He is one of two Franchise players we have on our team, and he is the only one of the two, we signed long term.

If you want to argue Kurt Cousins is better, I'm okay with that. That would make Norman our second best player.

Now, you can surely point to Norman as the #1 corner, and Breeland having a very good year because they don't throw it to Norman's side.

But Norman is vastly superior to Breeland right now. If he wasn't, we wouldn't have signed Norman.

I think it's either about a uniform addition/change or the announcement about the new stadium.

Not sure if it means anything, but ...WashingtonRedskins_FRC01_9999_SOL01_SOLC

WashingtonRedskins_FRC01_2015_SOL01_SOLC

If the colorwerx site has any validity, it looks like the shade of burgundy, could be slightly different this year. The identification numbers are different from 2015 to 2016.  To me, the 2016 burgundy looks a little deeper or richer ( or whatever ), but maybe not. 

Also heard at the morning walkthrough today someone saying there would be something announced about the stadium.

He is one of two Franchise players we have on our team, and he is the only one of the two, we signed long term.

If you want to argue Kurt Cousins is better, I'm okay with that. That would make Norman our second best player.

Now, you can surely point to Norman as the #1 corner, and Breeland having a very good year because they don't throw it to Norman's side.

But Norman is vastly superior to Breeland right now. If he wasn't, we wouldn't have signed Norman.

ya I have nothing to support that Breeland turns out to be a better or is a better corner..and I think ur spot on about other teams not throwing to Norman's side giving breeland more opportunities meaning more pics hence breeland has a better year..and by a better year I just mean more interceptions.

Not sure if it means anything, but ...

Also heard at the morning walkthrough today someone saying there would be something announced about the stadium.

Interesting on the colors.  Could be a reference to the hair on our logo?  I'd be very surprised if we had a black out.

I heard Cooley say the new stadium will be in Virginia earlier this week, so maybe it's that?

Just glad it's finally the weekend and I get to carbo load tomorrow and watch this thread and twitter all day.

Interesting on the colors.  Could be a reference to the hair on our logo?  I'd be very surprised if we had a black out.

Wasn't really referring to the black. The black is listed as a supporting color and absolutely refers to the hair in the logo.

The burgundy looks to be a little different though.

I heard Cooley say the new stadium will be in Virginia earlier this week, so maybe it's that?

Yeah, could be that also.

If the Skins end up building a stadium in VA they will then have their headquarters, training camp, and stadium there. Should they then be called the Virginia Redskins? DC is too politically correct to call them by they're name so maybe that would be best.

You're gonna be disappointed

How do you know?

I hope the new stadium isn't in VA. As a lifelong Maryland resident I always liked having a part of the team being in Maryland. I felt more connected.

I feel your pain, it would suck Imo if they moved all their facilities to Maryland, I'm from VA.

Archived