Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

2. I've seen that from some people from Virginia, but I don't get the vibe its anywhere near a majority (more like a fringe minority). I'm from Virginia, and it sounds stupid to me, too.

I think if people are saying that, it's being done somewhat tongue-in-cheek, probably because if, or maybe I should say when the stadium is built, the teams headquarters, training camp and stadium, would all be located in Virginia.

Never heard anyone say anything about the " Virginia " Redskins around Richmond, though.

See what you did @pizzahut #HTTR

It's actually looking somewhat pleasant right now at #SkinsCamp. Sun's trying to peak it's way through. @wusa9

Ashburning Retweeted Dr. Bitcoin

So what your saying is he fat'n up for New Years?? @RealSkipBayless

Ashburning added,

Dr. Bitcoin @DJDadMCMom
Tony romoSUCKS is on the Body By Hormel offseason program

Gruden has not shown #Redskins players Packers tape yet but might once they have their 53-man roster

"Steven Daniels is just like all the other rookies; they've had a lot thrown at them in short amount of time" -Gruden, on Daniels' progress

Gruden - We want to see Ioannidis in pads as they get reps all across the line but I imagine he'll end up being a nose guard.

Just A Guy-Lo Ren Retweeted Marshall

Pillsbury Throwboy

"Excited to have him back. I know he's excited. We'll see a lot more of him today and next week" - Gruden, on Perry Riley

That's it for Gruden's press conference. Practice tweets to follow.

Shawn Lauvao, not in pads, is watching OL drill closely and listening to instructions. Mental reps.

Breaking Burgundy ‏@breakburgundy  14m

Will Compton jokingly tells Kirk Cousins "you're live today...no sideline to save you"

Coosg4pWIAATvIJ.jpg

Ross and Thompson are still the first returners.

Using the jug launcher, working on Kickoff Returns. First ball fell well short so Rashad Ross left it. ST coach Kotwica chewed him out.

"Feel the wind guys!" coaches yelling in prep for short kicks.

Interesting: Bashaud Breeland just fielded a kickoff return with Crowder the backup. He appears to be 4th on the KR depth chart.

Deshaun Phillips just returned a kickoff. Looked like Keith Marshall was back with him.

After that, it was Crowder and Breeland back deep

Dashaun Phillips and Keith Marshall the 3rd unit Kickoff Returners.

#Redskins haven't had a really good kick ret. in a long time but CB Deshaun Phillips returned a few KO's during practice today. Kid is fast.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 21s21 seconds ago

Garcon VS Fuller (Cousins) #SkinsCamp

1. Lynden Trail comes in on new the play, sets edge and Martell Spaight lights up Chris Thompson. Pads are live!

QB Kirk Cousins threw some really nice passes during drills today. One perfect 30+ yarder to @ChrisThompson_4, beating D. Bruton #Redskins

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 2m2 minutes ago

Keith Marshall jukes out Breeland for what could've been a long TD run.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 2m2 minutes ago

Reyes at DT and Murphy outside him. Murphy lost edge. Keith Marshall flies by for a 75 yard touchdown

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 3m3 minutes ago

11 on 11s. First few snaps all hand offs to RBs. First pass snap is a play action to Garcon over the middle against Breeland.

Furious Styles @Chris_Worthy_ 2h2 hours ago

Damn romoSUCKS what you been eating??

CoocEXGUsAAzmgz.jpg

1. Robert Kelley goes right side, with a good hole and gets a huge gain

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 3m3 minutes ago

Rain starting to pick up....

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 4m4 minutes ago Richmond, VA

Martrell Speight did not forget how to hit in his year off. Dude just plugged the hole like he did at Arkansas

2. Robert Kelley runs into trail and Paea for no gain

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 6m6 minutes ago

Keith Marshall just had a nice run. Made a nice move on Breeland. Keep in mind, non contact tho.

Bryan Van Balen @bnvanbalen 15s16 seconds ago

Jordan Reed is a bad man.

Vine by Bryan Van Balen
View on Vine

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 1m1 minute ago

Cousins hits Garcon on quick slant.

Mitch Carr @mitchcarrtv 19s19 seconds ago

I know it's training camp. I know it's not full pads. But Cousins looks really good. Ball coming out quick, accurate.

Cravens and Paul with decent collision on that play but Thompson is able to scoot around the edge.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 5m5 minutes ago

Kirk connected with Jordan Reed, who made a pretty move back to the ball for a first down against David Bruton. #Redskins

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 4m4 minutes ago

Very next snap, Cousins finds Garcon on a 9 route versus Norman. Nice throw.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 2m2 minutes ago

Make that 3 straight first down throws by Cousins, this time finding Crowder in traffic across the middle. OL giving him good time.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 3m3 minutes ago

Su'a Cravens placed in a high low situation. Crashed on low route. Crowder hit deep

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 6s7 seconds ago

OL working on pass sets. Ty Nsekhe in the drill here.

In one on one open field drills, Keith Marshall just side stepped Steven Daniels nicely. He has great agility and quickness. #Redskins

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 2m2 minutes ago

Wow. Houston Bates and Martell Spaight just collided hard on play. Bates truck sticked him

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 4m4 minutes ago

Garcon vs Fuller (Cousins)

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 6m6 minutes ago

Lining up RBs and Lbs/S ahead of each other and having Lbs reduce to ball and take away angles

NASA Social @NASASocial 7m7 minutes ago

See a rocket launch in-person! Apply now for the Aug 21-22 #Antares #NASASocial in Virginia: http://go.nasa.gov/2agnnSY 

Coo2D5KW8AA3XBG.jpg

Mitch Carr @mitchcarrtv 19s19 seconds ago

Also of note and to be fair and balanced, attendance today is pretty good. Four-deep at the ropes and hill packed

Coo3_SkWAAAGBoL.jpg
Coo3_SoWgAAH0EO.jpg

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 49s49 seconds ago

Baker just put Scherff into QB

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 1m1 minute ago

OL vs DL one on one's!

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 3m3 minutes ago

Paea beats Kouandjio to QB

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 14s14 seconds ago

Nsekhe ties up will Jefferson. Gets nowhere

Williams vs Murphy. Took Murphy awhile to get to QB

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 12s12 seconds ago

Long holds up well again Baker there

Crawford pushes Kouandjio back into Qb

Mitch Carr @mitchcarrtv 7s7 seconds ago

Trent Murphy leaps and picks off Cousins I wish I was allowed to shoot video of Gruden's (excited) reaction. He looked so goofy

Cousins backs it up with a deep shot to DJax vs Norman. It was a great ball, put in front of the WR wher

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 2m2 minutes ago

Cousins follows that up with a perfect deep ball to DJax; put it out in front. No under throw there. That one was in the basket. #Redskins

Cancel that. DeSean just made play of the day on a bomb from Cousins in the end zone. Looked overthrown by 10 yds. No idea how DJax got it

First play back to 11-on-11s and @TMurphy_93 jumps up to pick Kirk Cousins. Would have been a TD for the big DE.

You team, I am getting locked out of the thread,,,,,,hey, help me. 

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

On the first play in full-team work, end Trent Murphy read the play perfectly. He slowed his rush and jumped and intercepted Kirk Cousins. A pick six. Murphy is transitioning from outside linebacker but those old skills come in handy.

You team, I am getting locked out of the thread,,,,,,hey, help me. 

same thing is happening to me lockouts

Quarterback Kirk Cousins and DeSean Jackson just connected on a 45-yard deep ball. Jackson for behind corner Josh Norman. Cousins sprinted down the field to greet Jackson.

Martell Spaight with a huge hit in the hole on Marshall. Jarring sound.

same thing is happening to me lockouts

Quarterback Kirk Cousins and DeSean Jackson just connected on a 45-yard deep ball. Jackson for behind corner Josh Norman. Cousins sprinted down the field to greet Jackson.

Hap, you and I should have carte blanche' and unlimited likes, whatnot passes, cheerleader interviews, etc, etc, etc....

Rashad Ross with a great diving catch ahead of Dunbar. Hands have been better today

Jay Retweeted Paul Conner

He showed tremendous burst at times last year off the edge.

Jay added,

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr
Don't sleep on Houston Bates. He's doing most things faster than anyone else. Just beat a CB to a return man. He's feeling it right now

@ChadwikoRCC had a chance to show off his hands. Tried to kick it away. 1f609.png

Compton screaming an audible across defense. Defense switches then Compton makes the tackle on running back

Chris Russell Retweeted David Bovey

I know. .Kirk is the only QB not allowed to make a mistake.

CB Kendall Fuller doesn't seem at all bothered by his knee today (2nd drill in this video)… https://www.instagram.com/p/BIf3fFNhJD0/ 

"Twitter Roasts 'Fat' Tony romoSUCKS" via @TeamStream

Cousins finds Reed on short route. Williams shut down Trent Murphy on play

3rd down and 7. 4th quarter. Kirk locked on to Ross, and finds him on a comeback. 6 yard gain though, so no first down.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

D-linemen went so hard they broke one side of the blocking dummy.

Coowxx-XEAAxbIE.jpg

(((David Bohm))) Retweeted Paul Conner

Baker doing work against Arie Kouandjio and now Brandon Scherff. Skins need this type of monster in the middle.

"And here comes Tony romoSUCKS, taking the field at #CowboysCamp..." #NFL #Cowboys

Coopo5ZUkAAcnfL.jpg

With the 2s, McVoy fumbles the snap and Ioaniddis recovers. His team mates give him plenty of love for it.

Jordan Reed is a bad man.

https://vine.co/v/5AWKKuiUYWh

Safety DeAngelo Hall with a good one-on-one vs. Vernon Davis.

First #Redskins training camp first: Niles Paul vs Martrell Spaights. Both sides still chirping afterwards for a bit before they huddled.

Could see that coming. Spaight came in late. Paul immediately took exception. Words continued being exchanged while walking. Paul punches

Niles Paul just threw a punch. Decent little scrum ensued. Tight end group overall getting heated. Jordan Reed was barking at LBs earlier

Adam Retweeted Mike Jones

Spaight probably asked Niles if he subscribes to the Big 12 Network

Adam added,

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo
Niles Paul and Martrell Spaight come to blows after a play. Niles made a catch and popped Spaight after. They jawed then 84 started swinging

Tony romoSUCKS went 4 for 4 on the field and 4 for $4 at Wendy's

1. Paul comes over and hugs Spaight and they're all good now. Smiling.

0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Liked

More

Niles Paul and Martrell Spaight mix it up after the play. Paul stiff-armed Spaight after the catch.

Robert Kelley woth a decent gain right up the A gap.

11 on 11s with the 1s now to end the session.

You don't have that?????? opps never mind

wthplz.png

Kendall Fuller is going to be a "major player" on #Redskins defense, Gruden says. Has progressed well through OTAs & early in camp.

First snap, 8 yard gain to Garcon on a bubble. This is a 2 min drill so they hurry to the line.

Deep middle throw from Kirk to DJax. Only one close was DHall.

2nd down. Cousins finds DJax on a seam route for a 25yd completion. 1st down at 25yd line.

Mike Jones Retweeted Master Tesfatsion

He does. Just hauled in another TD in double coverage.

Mike Jones added,

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes
DeSean Jackson looks really good in camp so far #Redskins

Scot Da Gawd Retweeted Chad Ryan

Keith is a beast. Going to be the #2 going into the season and push Jones for #1 if he struggles

Scot Da Gawd added,

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC
Keith Marshall just made two guys, who should have had him cold, miss in the open field on a return drill. He's impressive.

2's up now

Team lines up for quick fg as if time is running out. Hopkins launches another one over the safety net.

McCoy finds Grant short who falls while catching it

During two-minute drills on a 3rd down play, Greg Toler intercepts a pass intended for Rashad Ross. Veteran CB has made some solid plays.

Greg Toler with perfect coverage on Rashard Ross. Colt chucks it up. Toler comes away with an easy pick.

Archived