Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 9h9 hours ago

Popular theory seems to be that the Bruce Allen announcement tomorrow will be regarding a new stadium.

I feel like it'll be color rush unis

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 7h7 hours ago

Where have all the flowers, I mean fans gone. #Redskins My 106.7 The Fan column.

John Keim @john_keim 10h10 hours ago

I'm good now. Thanks.

CokpihEW8AADQi3.jpg

Jay Gruden's son Jack got the full behind-the-scenes show today. Walk out with players, shadowed his dad. #Redskins

CokvTqvXEAAxexx.jpg

Even though the defense won the day, DeSean Jackson kept them honest every single down. #Redskins

CokvtjyWAAA2i5f.jpg

Matt Jones split out wide on more than one occasion, & never dropped a pass out of the backfield. #Redskins

CokvjtwXgAApsof.jpg

Trent Williams is still (subtly) rocking the Hogs 2.0 gear. Today it was the custom bucket hat. #Redskins

CokvEu6WgAAdhh9.jpg

Swaggy repping his home state on his sleeve. @cbaker92redskin #Redskins

Coku7kqW8AAGUQG.jpg

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 9h9 hours ago

Let's just clear the air on something. Josh Norman is NOT getting "burned" in practice. That storyline being generated is untrue. #Redskins

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN

Need to Know: #Redskins will put on the pads today read it in BRBN Tandler's   #RedskinsTalk

He is one of two Franchise players we have on our team, and he is the only one of the two, we signed long term.

If you want to argue Kurt Cousins is better, I'm okay with that. That would make Norman our second best player.

Now, you can surely point to Norman as the #1 corner, and Breeland having a very good year because they don't throw it to Norman's side.

But Norman is vastly superior to Breeland right now. If he wasn't, we wouldn't have signed Norman.

You're really pushing it with vastly... I think Norman is a beast. Because of that teams are going to go after Breeland. When they do, they're going to be disappointed. There is just something about Breeland. I saw it his rookie season in that infamous Monday night game against Dallas. Nothing I've seen since has made me think he won't be a good, borderline great, CB in this league.

John Keim ‏@john_keim 34s35 seconds ago

The Redskins have a walk thru at 10:30 and a practice at 3. High: 88 degrees but there's a 60 % chance of rain from 2-4. Plan accordingly

That sucks. Hope it doesn't rain that hard.

They ought to be flexible. To be impolite... screw the crowds. If the rains are scheduled for 2, then practice at 1 or move it up to 8.

Or as Bellicheat said the other day "what it doesn't rain at games? We are practicing"

Washington Redskins @Redskins 19s19 seconds ago

"We want it to be 100%." Doctson "not very far away" from return, Gruden says: http://redsk.in/2aiV0zx 

ConJz5WXEAEcLyu.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 25m25 minutes ago

Jordan Reed's extra post-practice work.

#NFCEast Hawkins @HawkDiesel1906 17m17 minutes ago

ConGnpGUMAAcivT.jpg

Post Sports @PostSports 45m45 minutes ago

Redskins offensive line unifying behind singular goal as Hogs 2.0 Read it in BRBN WP

NFL @NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Contract year coming up. Safe to say that @DeSeanJackson11 is motivated for a huge 2016.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 3m3 minutes ago

ICYMI - #Redskins Training Camp: Day 2 Observations

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 24m24 minutes ago

#Redskins camp opens at 9:30 a.m. Weather permitting, walkthroguh scheduled at 10:35 a.m. with practice at 3 p.m.

Would like to see more black added to the uniform....

I can't see that unless the native american is taken off the sides of helmets (arrow or something else instead).

I been felt we should switch to a darker, more modern version of 70th anniversary jerseys, and there, black (and even black alternates) would make more sense.

My observations from practice yesterday:

When we first got there, we saw Doctson working with a trainer(?). Doc had a huge rubber band around his back & was facing the trainer. Doc would lean back/ squat while lifting 1 leg out toward the trainer. The strain on his face was evident but he was able to due multiple reps on both legs without any noticeable issues (on my untrained eyes). I did see him towards the end of practice running 60-70 yard sprints on the far field. Again, no signs of any issue.

Overall, everything ran very smoothly. Guys were hustling during every session & play. 

Matt Jones looked big & fast; busted through some holes (cutbacks) on several play & continued running hard 30-40 yards downfield. 

Chris Thompson looked good he also had some good cutback runs; 

My favorite session is the OL vs. DL 1:1 drill they run. Kerrigan blew past Moses on the very 1st play. Impressive. 

#63 - Powe - Impressed me during 1:1 - got some good penetration. It was hard to tell who he went up against. Also was around the ball in 11:11; showed some speed & hustle casing ball carrier down. 

#73 - Hood - see above; was impressed busting through in 1:1 for an easy sack;

#32 - Mariel Cooper - dude has some serious speed; chased down a receiver from the opposite side of the field; 

#67 - LeRib - got blown up by somebody (I later read it was Hood); he didn't look good;

#62 - Reiter - held his own in the 1:1; again, didn't see who he was going against

#66 - Nila Kasitati - has that Samoan hair & for a minute I thought it was Laovao; he held his own today in the 1:1

Cousins looked sharp. When under pressure on 1 play, he took off up the left sideline for a 20-30 yard gain. On another, he rolled out to the right & patiently waited before drilling the ball to Niles Paul who made a great sideline catch for a 20-yard gain. I saw Grant snatch the ball on a crossing route in the 7:7 - great catch in stride on a very well thrown pass by Cousins. 

McCoy looked okay. He was intercepted on an under thrown deep ball. 

Sudfield - I see what people are saying about is short passes; his release point is so high it makes the ball point down when he's throwing short; But he's got a gun plus he's huge; the 3rd string line got him killed & he wasn't able to get a pass off in the last 11:11 series that I saw; he had to take off up the middle of the field on 1 play as the defense was all over him.

So many guys had their names covered by their braids/hair or hoods (yeah, some guys had hoods sticking out from the back of their jersey's) I had a hard time seeing their names. 

Can't make it down there today; I'd love to see them with pads. I'd say the crowd was about the size of 1 of the practices I went to last year. Not huge by any means. We stand up on the hill to get a view of the entire field. As reported, it was hot but not as bad as Thursday.

Great review. Thanks!

Don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I'd love to have a dedicated thread just for the observations and breakdowns like these. They offer so much more than a tweet.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton 3m3 minutes ago

Non-stadium related topic guesses for Bruce Allen today: #Redskins honor Bobby Beathard this year... Or something related to uni's

Nice hot take Manny...

I hope the new stadium isn't in VA. As a lifelong Maryland resident I always liked having a part of the team being in Maryland. I felt more connected.

As one of the 70% plus STHs from VA, it's our turn, brother :lol:

I just hope its accessible and there is some fun stuff around it.  Two things that are not necessarily synonymous with our area in general. 

Just get it right, ya know.  You've had 20 years of complaints with Fed Ex.

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 1m1 minute ago

Anthony Gulizia Retweeted Anthony Gulizia

Lichtensteiger was joking when he said it. #Redskins have walkthrough at 10:35. Will practice in pads at 3

Anthony Gulizia added,

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia
#Redskins C Kory Lichtensteiger: "I'm going into year nine so I’ve got issues, believe me. But the nerve is fine.” Read it in BRBN WT

They have been at camp for a day. No pads.

And from that, you formulate that one player will be better than our best player?

Love it.

Norman himself stated Breeland has the capability to be the best,,,,he didn't say on the team, he said the best....not sure exactly why anyone would have a problem with having two top corners on our team..hahaa....I think it's great. I would say your point stands though, no pads..is no pads, which is not football. 

I see a huge upside to teams targeting Breeland and staying away from Norman, at least early on. 

Among the Day 2 interesting moments, the OL taking turns punching out a huge heavy bag. #Redskins

Great review. Thanks!

Don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I'd love to have a dedicated thread just for the observations and breakdowns like these. They offer so much more than a tweet.

On it. Unless it's been done already. 

Redskins: Chris Baker puts sack bonus to perfect use #BurgundyandGold http://app.fanly.me/article/FNp2qX6nWb 

Conb5pQW8AAiNrk.jpg

Burgold had a great idea to start a thread for first hand accounts from Camp attendees, please find the thread and discussion here on the link below. If anyone has first hand accounts please post them there. Or even take tweets that are first had accounts and put them there for deeper discussion. 

http://es.redskins.com/topic/402840-burgundy-and-gold-room-extensive-camp-notes-from-esers-and-discussion/

#Raiders RB Roy Helu Jr. (hip) placed on IR:

MikeAtTheHogsDotNet Retweeted Post Sports

Well, good, because if they wanted hockey players I'd be concerned.

MikeAtTheHogsDotNet added,

Post Sports @PostSports
The Redskins want more ‘football players.’ They have one in Josh Norman, writes @JerryBrewer http://wapo.st/2anyrh7 

Redskin Country Retweeted Jerry Brewer

Excellent article ; A good read for everyone in Redskins Nation

Redskin Country added,

Jerry Brewer @JerryBrewer
Column: On Josh Norman and the emergence of the prototypical Washington football player http://wapo.st/2aDibKB 

RT: #Redskins latest QB controversy -- Kirk Cousins vs. Scot McLoughan. My column #nfl

Archived