Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NCAA Football Discussion Thread

The Evil Genius

Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was engaged in his block, didnt hear the whistle. Didn't see him go to the ground after the interception and only saw the ball carrier running full speed right at him?

Nope.

Jogging towards the pass, definitely saw the int, and the DB on the ground. Chump move.

1 hour ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was engaged in his block, didnt hear the whistle. Didn't see him go to the ground after the interception and only saw the ball carrier running full speed right at him?

Nope.

Jogging towards the pass, definitely saw the int, and the DB on the ground. Chump move.

And taunted the Wisconsin players afterwards.   And never went for the loose ball if he truly thought it was live.  I'm truly disgusted. 

21 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's wonderful! 

Momma, what do you think of the changes to the uniforms? Like them, or not drastic enough?

I see they softened up the numbers on the jerseys with a new font, slightly similar to the 80s Bear's style. They went with the tapering effect on the helmet stripe, reminiscent of what the Broncos did in the 90s. The shoulder pad stripe seems to continue to angle laterally rather than wrap completely vertically. And they decided to go with the horrid Nike mega-collar, like something born out of a retro-forward 70s homage. 

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Momma, what do you think of the changes to the uniforms? Like them, or not drastic enough?

I see they softened up the numbers on the jerseys with a new font, slightly similar to the 80s Bear's style. They went with the tapering effect on the helmet stripe, reminiscent of what the Broncos did in the 90s. The shoulder pad stripe seems to continue to angle laterally rather than wrap completely vertically. And they decided to go with the horrid Nike mega-collar, like something born out of a retro-forward 70s homage. 

Thoughts?

I usually approve of their uniform/helmet changes but few of them have been huge misses for me in the past. 

I've always loved this generation of Vt uniform with the stripes on the sleeves and helmet and the "throwback" look to it. The numbers will take a little getting used to but they're fine. I love the way the helmet stripe comes to a point with just orange about 3/4 towards the back of the helmet. The collars never bothered me either. In fact I wish the Redskins had kept the burgundy collar on the white jerseys, it was a much fresher look than solid white. I do wish the pants had something other than just the VT logo on them tho. Otherwise it's a great look. 

I also love the uniforms for next week's Bristol game against Tennessee. 

vt_fb_battle_at_bristol_unis_2016_01.jpg

Possibly my two favorites were both worn for big games and they were both losses, never to be seen again. One a heartbreaking last minute loss and the other a soul crushing beat down of epic proportions. 

Of course I am referring to Boise 2010 and Miami 2005. We actually wore the Miami jerseys throughout the year but I don't think we wore them again after Miami beat the brakes off us in what was supposed to be another of our 'big arrival' moments.

vick_fugly.jpg

Well, you've made it clear how much you like the "blackout" uniforms. I'll lose it if the Redskins ever go that path. But that's neither here nor there. 

I will say that the "miami" uniforms shown above at least keep things well proportioned. Particularly in the shoulders with how the uni is cut and fitted. Too many of today's unis have taken the tight shoulder, the tight armpit look to a point where the uni just suffers. Example the adias Nebraska jersey. 

c9ec0eb1-8810-46d3-a645-a498e94595ef.png

At this point they should just spray paint on the uniform for the shoulders cause they've stretched the fabric to retarded dimensions.  

Glad my East Carolina Pirates had a good showing for Coach Mo's first game. 52-7 against Western Carolina - did exactly what they had to do (put an FCS team in the ground). Offense was able to mix it up and the run defense was solid.

The pass defense, on the other hand, was suspect. Hope they tighten that up before the NCSU game on Saturday. We may be walking into a shootout.

There weren't many highlights from Penn State's opener.  It was a 33-13 victory against a cupcake that shows the team has some strengths but needs work.  However, this is always fun...Penn State's kicker, for kickoffs only, weighs 270 pounds.  And he got to make a tackle.

23 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Well, you've made it clear how much you like the "blackout" uniforms. I'll lose it if the Redskins ever go that path. But that's neither here nor there. 

I will say that the "miami" uniforms shown above at least keep things well proportioned. Particularly in the shoulders with how the uni is cut and fitted. Too many of today's unis have taken the tight shoulder, the tight armpit look to a point where the uni just suffers. Example the adias Nebraska jersey. 

At this point they should just spray paint on the uniform for the shoulders cause they've stretched the fabric to retarded dimensions.  

I do like blackout type uniforms. I wouldn't mind if the Redskins had a black alternate and I think it would be far better than the ugly throwbacks we've worn the past few years. Mostly though, I just want a modernized uniform in our traditional colors even similar design just some modem enhancements 

you may have guessed this but I've long loved every aspect of Oregon, especially their uniforms. All 2367 combinations. 

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Ah, Bristol. I can already here the twang.

You go'n?

No. Even if I had the chance I would turn it down simply because it seems like a bad viewing experience since the stands will be too far away from the field. I'm much happier watching at home in this instance 

I said to my brother when it was 28-6 that FSU would come back. Ole Miss wasn't going to keep that tempo up all night and once a few breaks went FSU's way they could get back into it quickly. Also, it's Ole Miss lol. 

What a game. Really wanted the Noles to pull it out too since they are one of the few teams that has the talent to beat Alabama should t come to it. 

Basically I just want the strongest 3 other playoff teams aside from Bama. They will definitely get in since Alabama is the only team in the country that is guaranteed a spot even with one loss. And they aren't losing twice. 

So between FSU, Clemson and Ohio State...hopefully someone can take care of business. And I hate all those teams too. 

Btw- how amazing it would be if the Redskins somehow landed Cook. Damn that kid is nice 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I said to my brother when it was 28-6 that FSU would come back. Ole Miss wasn't going to keep that tempo up all night and once a few breaks went FSU's way they could get back into it quickly. Also, it's Ole Miss lol. 

What a game. Really wanted the Noles to pull it out too since they are one of the few teams that has the talent to beat Alabama should t come to it. 

Basically I just want the strongest 3 other playoff teams aside from Bama. They will definitely get in since Alabama is the only team in the country that is guaranteed a spot even with one loss. And they aren't losing twice. 

So between FSU, Clemson and Ohio State...hopefully someone can take care of business. And I hate all those teams too. 

Btw- how amazing it would be if the Redskins somehow landed Cook. Damn that kid is nice 

Its going to be hard for both Clemson and FSU to make it to the 4 team playoff.   They don't play each other until Oct. 29th and lets assume they are both undefeated at the time with FSU ranked #2 (if they leap past Clemson due to beating the #11 team last night) and Clemson is ranked #3.  A loss for either that late in the season, most likely bumps them out of the #4 spot regardless and depending on how the other teams in other conferences play out, it might not be enough to climb back in.  

Archived