Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NCAA Football Discussion Thread

The Evil Genius

20 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

FSU got dropped 11 spots to #13.  I was hoping they would drop just to #10 since they did get beat by a top 10 team (Well, stripped of their manhood).  Gonna be a long ride to get back to #4 spot for the playoffs.  Possible if they win out and win the ACC championship game.  I'm not going to get my hopes up though, one more loss and say hello to mediocre bowl game.

I'm thinking they need Clemson to beat ULou and then FSU beat Clemson to even sniff the ACC Championship game (and have both of them not lose again*). That way they get a 3 team tie for their division. They'd lose a 2 team tie to ULou straight out. 

* The reason for Clemson and ULou not losing again is so that FSU would get a boost from their win against Clemson and loss against ULou. Plus ULou's late season win over Houston in this scenario would benefit. 

Then they need to win this:

B. Three (or More) Team Tie

Three team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaking procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can only be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaking procedure will then be applied).

1. Combined head-to-head winning percentage among the tied teams.
  2. Winning percentage of the tied teams within the division.
  3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference winning percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken fi rst to last, using the league’s tie-breaking procedures.
  4. Combined winning percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
  5. Combined winning percentage versus all non-divisional opponents.
  6. Winning percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference winning percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
  7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the full Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the two-team tiebreaking procedure shall be applied between the top two ranked tied teams. If all tied teams are not ranked in the full Bowl Championship Series Standings, the computer ranking portion of the Standings will be used, eliminating the high and the low computer ranking, and averaging the remaining rankings.
  8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

and even then, I'm not sure a win over Miami or VT or whoever in that game would get them into #4. 

Probably, but only if all of the first part happens. 

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm thinking they need Clemson to beat ULou and then FSU beat Clemson to even sniff the ACC Championship game (and have both of them not lose again*). That way they get a 3 team tie for their division. They'd lose a 2 team tie to ULou straight out. 

* The reason for Clemson and ULou not losing again is so that FSU would get a boost from their win against Clemson and loss against ULou. Plus ULou's late season win over Houston in this scenario would benefit. 

Then they need to win this:

and even then, I'm not sure a win over Miami or VT or whoever in that game would get them into #4. 

Probably, but only if all of the first part happens. 

I forgot about the three way tie crap.  I think we need to win out and Louisville drop two games and some help from other non-conference teams losing late in the season.  

^^ LOL

i was one that had been calling for Beamer's head as far back as 2009. So I am very pleased to have a guy that has actually brought modern offensive concepts and a fast paced, fun offense to VT. 

I don't know how the rest of Feunte will shape up but I like the offense and I hope many of the O recruits in state that always bailed (partly because why play in the woeful Beamer offense) will like it and start to stay local 

You know what's stupid? Texas being in the top 25 right now.

They shoot up 15+ spots (to 11)  with a 3 pt win over Notre Dame. Then they beat UTSA. Then they lose to Cal (and no, that ending didn't make a difference). So the only reason they are in the top 25 is because they beat Notre Dame. The same ND that is 1-3 after a loss to Duke.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I know one school alumni/fanbase that would hire him in a heartbeat if Dana doesn't win 9 or 10 games this year. That said, I bet he goes to a bigger name school or takes a season off and works at ESPN. 

He needs to take a season off and figure out a way to recruit QBs.  If he had a legit QB every season, LSU would have at least 3 more titles...

Archived