Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NCAA Football Discussion Thread

The Evil Genius

18 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Hokies beat a bad team. But they BEAT a bad team, something they failed to do the last 5 years or so. Stress free 2nd half. 

Hey, there's a lot to be said for beating the bad teams.  Especially as compared to not beating the bad teams. 

Look at last year's Redskins season. 

So ummm....who's the biggest loser of the day?

- Notre Dame got manhandled in South Bend by the Spartans

- Oklahoma's getting humbled in Norman by Ohio State

- Florida State was obliterated in Tallahassee by Louisville

- And USC is a cupcake for the power programs to beat up on (today was Stanford's turn)

3 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

It's easily FSWHO. They were the #2 team in the nation, going in. 

4 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

ND came back and nobody cares about or trusts Oklahoma. 

So FSU was by far the biggest loser. I'm not sure that  wasn't Tallahassee Middle School that showed up wearing Seminole uniforms 

3 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

College football games are too much like Madden these days. Not a fan of all these absurd scores. How does a powerhouse like Alabama give up 43 points with all those top recruits they bring in on a yearly basis? And they gave up 40+ to win the title last year. 

The SEC has tons of talent among the teams so it's not quite as lopsided as we might think though Alabama is still head and shoulders above the rest. 

Mostly, I think that once dynamic coaches, spread offenses and quality QBs found their way into the conference, the mystical SEC powerhouse defenses started giving up 40 more regularly. 

I don't mind the scores either 

College football games are too much like Madden these days. Not a fan of all these absurd scores. How does a powerhouse like Alabama give up 43 points with all those top recruits they bring in on a yearly basis? And they gave up 40+ to win the title last year. 

The SEC has tons of talent among the teams so it's not quite as lopsided as we might think though Alabama is still head and shoulders above the rest. 

Mostly, I think that once dynamic coaches, spread offenses and quality QBs found their way into the conference, the mystical SEC powerhouse defenses started giving up 40 more regularly. 

14 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I think Momma nailed it. No one trusts or cares about them, outside of Norman. I'm not even surprised they are getting trucked. ND is always overrated, too.

Believe me, I am not a Sooner fan - but they're carrying the banner of the Big 12 these days (particularly given what happened with Baylor).  To see them get trounced twice in September is stunning.

And yes, Notre Dame is definitely overrated.  But Texas might be worth something again.  They're flexing on Cal, old school style.

10 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

You must really hate Louisville about now.:ols:

I expected the 49ers to get blown out like that.  I did not expect FSU to lose that bad though.  Then going to the night game at UNCC, watching them do absolutely nothing didn't help.  It was extremely boring, I swear UNCC's offensive playbook consists of 10 total plays.  

On 9/17/2016 at 6:22 PM, Popeman38 said:

Hokies beat a bad team. But they BEAT a bad team, something they failed to do the last 5 years or so. Stress free 2nd half. 

Sure beats this, right?

12c437731b3fe9d3ad287edbe6ff5cca_crop_ex

If you had WVU and Baylor as the two last undefeateds in the B12 after 3 weeks, then props. I expected a few others teams there as well. Baylor has played no one. WVU..they've really only played one solid OOC game (against Mizzou - who should have beaten UGA this weekend). Although I expect Youngstown St to go deep in the FCS this year. 

FSU got dropped 11 spots to #13.  I was hoping they would drop just to #10 since they did get beat by a top 10 team (Well, stripped of their manhood).  Gonna be a long ride to get back to #4 spot for the playoffs.  Possible if they win out and win the ACC championship game.  I'm not going to get my hopes up though, one more loss and say hello to mediocre bowl game.

Archived