Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NCAA Football Discussion Thread

The Evil Genius

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I'm trying to watch the Tennessee/Appalachian State game on Watch ESPN but it isn't working.  Sucks.  I signed in with my DirecTv account and everything.

Like I said before, the SEC is great at blocking, limiting and otherwise screwing over viewership. Same thing with me. I pay direct tv in NC and pay comcast in VA. Don't matter, can't get ****. 

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Not at all. I reject redneck-ism in all its forms      

But when you grow up 1.15hr away from VT you fall in love with those guys. 

Hhhm, I wouldn't have written anything but your inclusion of the .15 was too enticing to a curious person like me. Now I'm google mapping possible Momma locations. Did you go to VT? 

I grew up in Alexandria and rejected anything outside of the beltway. I thought everything outside of DC or Fairfax Co was bum****. But I've grown up. Now I've got a place in Albemarle county and love what remains of the farmland and foothills. I feel pained everytime I see a new development eat away old world Virginia. 

8 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Hhhm, I wouldn't have written anything but your inclusion of the .15 was too enticing to a curious person like me. Now I'm google mapping possible Momma locations. Did you go to VT? 

I grew up in Alexandria and rejected anything outside of the beltway. I thought everything outside of DC or Fairfax Co was bum****. But I've grown up. Now I've got a place in Albemarle county and love what remains of the farmland and foothills. I feel pained everytime I see a new development eat away old world Virginia. 

Well I'm in Lynchburg now but I grew up in a 1 stop sign town called Eagle Rock. Around 45 min to Roanoke so another 30 or so to Blacksburg. My dad worked in Roanoke and would always come home with the newspaper and talk about VT news because back then they were just the local little guy trying to make it against the big dogs. They were the adopted identity of an undersized little guy Momma There Goes That Man trying to make it against the big dogs of the world. 

This was before the even had their defining win against Texas in the Sugar Bowl. 

Sadly never attended :( but went to a lot of games and parties after high school so that's almost like being a student 

Albemarle? you're pretty close. I'll have to swing over and have some wine and cheese with you for a UVA/VT game or something. We can discuss our stadium enhancement pitches as well. 

Just now, Redskin4ever said:

Houston was about to put the nail in the Oklahoma coffin, but just fumbled going into the end zone. Maybe this game will get interesting. It's the only good one on TV.

I don't know about you but I was not suprised that they screwed that up at the goal line. Not easy to take out top ranked teams. 

Still tough for ou though. 

3 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Houston was about to put the nail in the Oklahoma coffin, but just fumbled going into the end zone. Maybe this game will get interesting. It's the only good one on TV.

I doubt it, they are down 10 with 2 minutes left.  Now if they get the onsides kick........then it will get interesting.

I doubt it, they are down 10 with 2 minutes left.  Now if they get the onsides kick........then it will get interesting.

Yeah, I posted that before they scored the TD to cut it to 10. Once they missed the conversion, it was over. Even if they had recovered the onside kick, it would have been tough. But down 8 could have made it interesting. I was really just hoping for some excitement.

Archived