Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, superozman said:

#3 - Any group dedicated to it is brutal, but man, people get paid to do that? 

#1 - great perspective, and i actually do agree with you.  I think people like you, me, many others might know it's a garbage apology but it can help.  But you might sway me to say he shouldn't apologize.  I never thought of it as the "apology culture", it's a good way to look at it.

While i'm a right leaning person, I am not a huge fan of Tucker.  He doesn't do well/let people speak when they are on if he disagrees too much.  I can't stand listening to that.  While I may disagree with peoples stances, I love to articulate points, counterpoints, and discussion.  It's ashame that doens't call for good tv, apparently.  People might learn!

I just can't fathom that these days, (get off my lawn!) a tweet is a valid form of an apology.  I shouldn't be able to apologize for something with my iphone while taking a dump.  

You are right, he doesn't let people speak, hardly any of those "infotainment" characters do.  They just shout down their guests.  I'd never go on his show if I had an opposing viewpoint.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I know it's a shock jock radio show but I can't ignore this. It's a valid look into a man's belief system. This isn't an athlete tweeting something when he was in high school. As much as I'm agianst the Northam photo, this isn't that either. There is no element of immaturity here. Tucker was like 39yrs old when he made some of these comments. He's an adult man, a career pro legitimately expressing his beliefs. 

He should face backlash and have to deal with the repercussions from such awful views. I hope sponsors bail quickly. 

• Like 1

****er Carlson is confused.

A hit piece is what Alex Jones did regarding the Clintons and pizzagate (amongst many fake stories). Making up innuendo and falsely promoting his tripe as fact.

What media matters did was use actual ****er Carlson quotes. Verbatim. In context. Since when is that considered a hit piece? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What media matters did was use actual ****er Carlson quotes. Verbatim. In context. Since when is that considered a hit piece? 

You got to realize these were youthful indiscretions. He was just a young man of 40 when he made some of these comments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Multiple comments ranging the topic. Wouldn't be a leap to ask if Tucker Carlson has a taste for the underaged. 

I don't doubt it at all. I thought it was creepy as **** when he brought up his then 14 year old daughter. I mean, what I missing context there? It seemed like he brought her up out of the blue. 

Edited by mistertim

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't doubt it at all. I thought it was creepy as **** when he brought up his then 14 year old daughter. I mean, what I missing context there? It seemed like he brought her up out of the blue. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092

Down in the section

After Bubba the Love Sponge described underage girls at Carlson's daughter’s boarding school experimenting sexually with each other, Carlson said, “If it weren't my daughter I would love that scenario.”

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm sorry, I know it's a shock jock radio show but I can't ignore this. It's a valid look into a man's belief system. This isn't an athlete tweeting something when he was in high school. As much as I'm agianst the Northam photo, this isn't that either. There is no element of immaturity here. Tucker was like 39yrs old when he made some of these comments. He's an adult man, a career pro legitimately expressing his beliefs. 

He should face backlash and have to deal with the repercussions from such awful views. I hope sponsors bail quickly. 

Trump has opened a door that can/will never be closed. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Trump has opened a door that can/will never be closed. 

Agree. These beliefs now carry the Presidential Seal of Approval when these people should be shamed straight out of society for their hateful and hurtful beliefs. 

There isnt middle ground. This isn’t a “respect my opinion” situation. 

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with point #3, the one unnerving thing about this is that there's a liberal group dedicated to doing stuff like this.  I'm sure the conservatives have one, too.  Can't have an NFL draft or an NBA draft these days without having an athlete having to apologize for a tweet from 8 years ago.  

Starting to disagree with your first point.  Apologies are being dished out left and right these days, to a point where they're not genuine and meaningless.  I believe people aren't sorry for 95% of the things they're being called to the mat on, they're sorry they got called out and are having to deal with being uncomfortable.  Putting out an apology in a tweet that's 140 characters or however many characters they have now is worth absolutely nothing.  

I'm growing increasingly tired of a lot of things, the apology culture being one of them.  **** that, don't apologize.  It doesn't do anything these days.  Would anyone here feel better about Tucker Carlson if he apologized?  No.  Would anyone believe it?  No.  

The sad thing is, he won't lose sponsors, this will just rile up the base even more.

This (and other instances) are never really about "Apologize! And mean it!"

Once we truly stop demanding that people in power hold themselves to a certain standard, all we do is follow them down the stream of **** that they create

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe...just maybe...people like ****er shouldn't make these type of comments in public. Especially if their entire career is dependent on advertising and ratings.

Sure, but aren't we all happy he did?  Look at the disdain we're showing for him here.  Complaining about someone voicing the beliefs they hold which are the reasons we hate them for is odd to me.  If anything, it should solidify why we hate him, it's affirmative.  It's like looking at that guy your ex is dating, you know he's just a douche and then he does something to prove you right.  

What's next, we dance around in a schadenfreude manner if/when the sponsors pull out and he loses his show?  Isn't that what we want?  I'd be happy if these comments ****ed him over.  I don't think it'd happen, but I'd be totally cool with it if it did.

Sure, but aren't we all happy he did?  Look at the disdain we're showing for him here.  Complaining about someone voicing the beliefs they hold which are the reasons we hate them for is odd to me.  If anything, it should solidify why we hate him, it's affirmative.  It's like looking at that guy your ex is dating, you know he's just a douche and then he does something to prove you right.  

I have no idea what you are trying to say. I never do, when this issue comes up from you and others. 

What exactly do you want to happen, specifically as it relates to people genuinely pissed and/or targeted by people who say or do screwed up stuff? How should the world react, according to spiff?

• Like 2