Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

Fox News Is Literally Killing Its Viewers

The network has some of the strictest COVID protocols around, but you’d never know it listening to its biggest names, Andy Levy and Molly Jong-Fast say on the latest New Abnormal.

While frustrated “Russian historian” turned Fox News windbag Sean Hannity has been taking potshots at The New Abnormal host Molly Jong-Fast, who jokes “they love me on those Fox opinion shows,” the network has been doing everything it can to put its viewers at risk, up to Tucker Carlson giving spy novel writer Alex Berenson airtime to demand the vaccines get pulled for supposedly killing people.

“They are literally killing their viewers. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that,” says The New Abnormal co-host Andy Levy. “It was really interesting to see actual correlations between Trump-voting counties and Fox News viewership and rates of death from COVID. It’s just amazing what they’re doing.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

TUCKER CARLSON JUSTIFIES THE IDEA OF A FULL-BLOWN FASCIST TAKEOVER

For years, Tucker Carlson has used his Fox News program to flirt with fascist and white nationalist talking points. In 2018, the host described racial demographic changes in a Pennsylvania town as “more change than human beings are designed to digest” after noting that the area is majority Hispanic. He also accused immigrants of making the U.S. “dirtier,” “poorer,” and “more divided”; claimed that a “flood of illegal workers into the United States has damaged our communities, ruined our schools, burdened our health care system, and fractured our national unity”; and falsely asserted that the Potomac River is becoming “dirtier and dirtier” due to immigrants. 

On Thursday night, Carlson took these arguments a step further by agreeing with a guest, Jesse Kelly, who confidently asserted that the U.S. will “pick a fascist [leader] within 10 to 20 years.” Kelly, whose past commentary on political violence has gained notoriety due to his fixating on the possibility of a second civil war, made the remark as the two discussed the Hunter Biden firearm debacle and accused Democratic leaders of getting away with a double standard in the legal system. “I think you make a really solid point about the sadness and the powerlessness that people feel in the face of this. And at some point people are going to say, ‘Why should I follow the rules? Why should I be a good citizen if they don’t have to follow the rules?’” Carlson said. “I mean, things kind of break down at some point, don’t they?” 

Well, he has a point.  If we don't hold people like Trump and his cronies accountable for all the lawbreaking they've done, then the laws don't really matter, do they?

Fox News Stops Covering Hillary Spying on Trump Story After Spending All Week Attacking Media For Ignoring It

Anyone watching Fox News this week was told that Hillary Clinton’s campaign had been caught spying on former President Donald Trump. This was reported across many Fox News programs as fact, with some hosts adding exotic frills to the story. More reputable news outlets were quick to pour cold water on the assertion. Some even called out Fox News for being either stupid or willfully misinforming their viewers.

The evidence for Fox News’s breathless and repeated “worse than Watergate” claim was a late Friday filing from Special Counsel John Durham that focused on one-time Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussman.

Durham’s filing did not show this – at all. What’s more, as New York Times reporter Charlie Savage pointed out, the right-wing media narrative surrounding the filing was “mostly wrong or old news.” Indeed, the Times had reported on it last year.

This didn’t keep Fox News from continuing to insist a scandal was afoot. The network even had the temerity to call out the rest of the media for ignoring this alleged bombshell: Fox News media report Howard Kurtz called out his competitors for not covering the story, though it was never made clear what exactly the story was. Oops.

But late Thursday, the story took another turn, as Durham responded to Sussman’s filing to dismiss the case, and added some clarity to the misreporting.

Savage wrote about the new filing, saying Durham “distanced himself on Thursday from false reports by right-wing news outlets that a motion he recently filed said Hillary Clinton’s campaign had paid to spy on Trump White House servers.”

That statement was read in full by Bret Baier on Special Report Thursday night in advance of a remarkably muted panel discussion. Since then, the Fox News insistence that Clinton had been caught spying on Trump has nearly completely abated. That’s a rather stunning turn from the obsessive, nearly wall-to-wall coverage this non-story received over the past week.

So what happened? 

Click on the link for the rest

What happened?  Gee, I wonder...

Hillary Clinton Threatens To Sue Fox News For Defamation

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Traitorous scum...

Former Fox News Director Jack Hanick Indicted for Helping Russia

As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is a former Fox News director who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Department of Justice on Thursday revealed that Jack Hanick was quietly arrested in London on Feb. 3 for dodging U.S. sanctions by helping a sanctioned Russian oligarch, Konstantin Malofeyev, start his right-wing Tsargrad TV.

The DOJ simultaneously unsealed a grand jury indictment against him, accusing Hanick of knowingly engaging in business dealings with Malofeyev, who had been formally sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in financing Russia-backed soldiers in eastern Ukraine who have violently tried to break off from the democratic country since 2014.

The indictment also accuses Hanick of lying to FBI agents about his travels to Greece and Bulgaria to expand the TV network in 2015 and 2016, when he was interviewed by American investigators last year in New York City.

• Thumb up 2

Fresh off having herself removed from the Jan 6th lawsuit, Pirro celebrates by hitting the sauce and going on a new conspiracy laden ramble:

Jeanine Pirro Bizarrely Tries to Tie Fauci to Ukrainian Biolabs

A day after Fox News national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin corrected Sean Hannity on the topic of Ukrainian biological research facilities, another opinion host tried to tie Dr. Anthony Fauci to them without offering a single relevant fact to support her bizarre line of speculation.

On Thursday’s broadcast of the roundtable show The Five, co-host Jeanine Pirro wondered if Fauci’s infrequent media appearances over the past few weeks might relate to Ukrainian biolabs being in the news.

“What I think is interesting about these biolabs… we deny, we deny, we deny. ‘It’s preposterous. Don’t waste any ink on it,’ ” Pirro said. “And yet, isn’t it interesting that we haven’t heard or seen Fauci in weeks?” she said, eliciting laughs from a few of her co-hosts.

Russia has accused the U.S. of helping to develop biological weapons at labs in Ukraine—an evidence-free assertion that has nonetheless gained traction in some conserVative media outlets and Republican circles — likely what Pirro was referencing when she said she has heard people say not to “waste any ink on it.”

Click on the link for the full story

• Confused 1

Jonathan Karl Accuses Tucker Carlson of ‘Plagiarism of Vladimir Putin. It’s Almost Word for Word’

ABC’s Jonathan Karl ripped Tucker Carlson on MSNBC and went as far as to accuse him of “plagiarism” of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Carlson has criticized Ukraine as being a corrupt authoritarian state which jails dissidents. Prior to Russia’s invasion of the country last month, he stated the two sovereign nations were involved in a “border dispute.”

“The administration assures us this has nothing at all to do with repaying Joe Biden’s personal debts to Ukrainian oligarchs, not at all,” he also said. “It’s completely and totally unrelated.”

In another monologue from February, Carlson said that the American political elite have been planting the seeds for war against Russia since the early days of former President Donald Trump’s term.

“Since the day that Donald Trump became president, Democrats in Washington told you, you have a patriotic duty to hate Vladimir Putin,” Carlson said. “It’s not a suggestion – it’s a mandate. Anything less than hatred for Putin is treason.”

On Deadline: White House on Thursday, Karl told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace he believes Carlson is echoing Putin’s messaging.

Wallace said she wants to understand why the Fox News host is “devoted” to pushing “Russian propaganda as the Russian war turns to war crimes and atrocities.”

“Why do cover, why be the wingman to Putin as he starts slaughtering women and children? Why?” she asked.

Karl responded,

I mean, I can’t even begin to speculate on that. I think that there’s always reason as a journalist to be skeptical of what is said by official sources in other countries, and in our own countries. Lord knows that’s been my approach. But again, what is sort of inexplicable here is that what is being said is almost a plagiarism of Vladimir Putin. It’s almost word for word what Vladimir Putin has been saying, not just now but again for several years, and what he has said in making the argument to justify what’s happening in Ukraine.

Click on the link for the video

• Thumb down 1

• 2 weeks later...

Laura Ingraham Says Accepting Ukrainian Refugees Not in America’s ‘Best Interest’

Laura Ingraham is not fan of President Joe Biden’s pledge to accept up to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees who have fled as Russia continues to wage a war of aggression on the country.

“This is not something that Poland or Romania or Germany should carry on their own,” the president said during a news conference in Brussels on Thursday. “This is an international responsibility.”

On Friday, Ingraham panned Biden’s pledge.

“The Biden administration announced yesterday that we would welcome a hundred thousand Ukrainian refugees,” she said. “Obviously, a heartbreak for the people in Ukraine, and it is absolutely horrific what has happened to them. But, is bringing them all the way to the United States their best interest? And what about the U.S. taxpayers?”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fox News: Joe Biden Brought in 1 Million Illegal Immigrants to Replace People Who Died of COVID

Fox News is always looking to demonize illegal immigrants. And if they could do so while also attacking Joe Biden, even better for them.

Today, host Jesse Watters managed to combine the President, illegal immigrants, and COVID-19 all in one fell swoop. According to the talking head, Biden is replacing people who died of COVID with immigrants.

The host told his audience:

“We had a million Americans die from COVID-19 and Joe Biden just brought in a million illegal aliens to take their place. A million illegal aliens. That’s the city the size of Jacksonville, the city the size of Austin. Bringing in a million new people, that’s not going to hurt inflation, is it? Oh, my god. This guy is crazy.

Some of them are going to show up to the hearings and, if they do, they’re going to say — because I said the UN was training these people to rediscover repressed memories. So they’re going to tell the judge, I remember in Guatemala people used to peg me with avocado. I’m traumatized. Judge says, you get asylum. Or if the judge rules against asylum, do you think they’re actually going to get deported? Of course not. Joe’s not going to deport them.”

• 4 weeks later...

Fox News Discussion Turns Tense and Personal After Guest Points Out Crime is Actually Higher in Red States

ox News panel show Outnumbered had a liberal guest, Jenna Arnold, join the program Thursday and she diverted the show into a very tense, personal discussion about crime levels in the U.S. after she noted that “crime is higher in red and Republican states more than it is in liberal cities.”

The comment created a quick backlash from the other four panelists as Arnold took aim at a common theme on Fox News — rising crime in “blue” states and cities. Arnold later cited her sourcing, the public policy think tank Third Way, which published a report in March 2022 that found that in 2020 the “per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden.”

“I also think we have to look at crime in a really important, inquisitive, and civil way,” Arnold said in a discussion about criminal sentencing.

“If you look at counties and cities and states, crime is higher in red and Republican states more than it is in liberal cities. And so I think we have to stop saying, oh, it’s just this policy by this one governor or mayor, president, and really take a step back and say there are some defendants that want space there, some that don’t. And what policies are and aren’t working,” Arnold concluded, before her fellow panelists pounced.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry to say in blue cities crime is going up rapidly,” Kayleigh McEnany can be heard saying over cross-talk.

Arnold can also be heard citing “Lexington, Kentucky” and “Jacksonville, Florida” as examples of “red” cities where crime is sky-rocketing.

• Haha 1

Fox News star Tucker Carlson flirts with presidential run in Iowa speech

Tucker Carlson, the top-rated Fox News host who has built a following pushing conspiracy theories and lighting into the culture wars, on Friday flirted with a presidential run in his speech to a large gathering of Christian conservative voters in Des Moines, Iowa.

Carlson used the event to blast transgender athletes, high energy prices (and wind turbines), make a glancing mention to Jan. 6 (an issue which hasn’t engaged voters on the right), before ultimately pivoting to an attack on corporate America. The speech ultimately focused on the kind of pocketbook issues that have been engaging many voters this year, themes very familiar to his large cable audience.

Carlson began with a classic tell used by many politician seeking Iowa votes, touting his many trips to the state over the years.

“I think I’ve done the full Grassley,” Carlson said, referring to long-serving Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, who’s famous for visiting all the state’s 99 counties during his campaigns — an informal check of a candidate’s seriousness in running for president.

“He’s definitely flirting with it, 100 percent,” said Jon Schweppe, policy director for the social conservative group American Principles Project.

Carlson also delved into one foreign policy subject for which he has been heavily criticized: the Russian invasion of Ukraine. “I’m not a Putin defender, despite what you may have heard, because he’s not the president of my country. And what he does in Ukraine, while I think is historically significant — certainly significant to Ukrainians — is not more significant to me than the cost of gas,” he said to the many gathered for the Family Leader Summit in Des Moines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tucker Carlson's Attempt At Revenge On Jon Stewart Backfires Spectacularly

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is apparently still stinging from an encounter he had with Jon Stewart nearly 20 years ago in which Stewart called him a “dick” and urged him to go to journalism school on his own show.

On Thursday night, Carlson fired off a series of highly personal and deeply weird insults at Stewart for his advocacy of healthcare for U.S. veterans. Stewart, Carlson said, looks “like a guy who lives in the men’s room at your public library, eating imaginary insects out of the air” and “a homeless mental patient.”

“He’s shrieking and disheveled and very short,” Carlson said. “Really short. Too short to date. Was he always that short?”

Stewart fired back with a reminder of Carlson’s cozy affection for the far-right authoritarian leader of Hungary, Viktor Orbán:

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fox CEO Lachlan Murdoch threatened Aussie news site 'Crikey.' It's fighting back

Fox Corp CEO and Executive Chairman Lachlan Murdoch — already busy fighting two multi-billion dollar defamation lawsuits aimed at Fox News here in the U.S. — has threatened a news organization in his family's home country of Australia with legal action.

The threat stems from commentaries accusing him of being responsible for rhetoric on the network that helped fuel the Jan. 6, 2021, siege of the U.S. Capitol.

Now the Aussie political news site Crikey has a message: Bring it on.

"Lachlan Murdoch appears desperate to disassociate himself from the actions of Fox in inciting the January 6th insurrection," Crikey's editor-in-chief, Peter Fray tells NPR from Sydney. "And he's taking quite extraordinary steps to shut down public debate in this country."

Fray says his news site was not literally saying Murdoch personally incited people to violence that day. But, Fray says, "the buck has to stop somewhere."

So, in full-page ads set to appear today in The New York Times and the Canberra Times in the Australian capital city, Fray and Eric Beecher, the chairman of Crikey's parent company, Private Media, proclaim they welcomed Murdoch's threat of a lawsuit.

Former Fox News politics editor says network stoked ‘paranoia and hatred’

A former Fox News politics editor who was forced out of the conservative television network shortly after its opinions hosts’ preferred candidate Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential race has said that the channel failed its viewers with its election coverage.

In his upcoming memoir, Chris Stirewalt says Fox News resigned its duty to prepare Trump followers for the possibility that he would lose, instead stoking the “black-helicopter-level paranoia and hatred” which fuels white supremacist groups but translates into big ratings.

Stirewalt’s Broken News: Why the Media Rage Machines Divides America and How to Fight Back also reiterates the belief held by many that Fox fired him because he always defended – even on-air – his team’s decision to declare Joe Biden the winner of Arizona’s 2020 electoral college votes on the same night that polls closed.

The call enraged Trump, prompting the incumbent president and his allies to mount a pressure campaign aimed at getting Fox to retract the decision while that camp pushed forth lies that electoral fraudsters in other battleground states were stealing the election for Biden.

• 3 weeks later...

Trump Threatens Fox News With Lawsuit For Allowing ‘Perverts’ of Lincoln Project to Run Anti-Trump Ads: ‘See You All in Court!!!’

ormer President Donald Trump continues to create business for legal professionals. Not only does he have a half-dozen legal entanglements, but he now appears to be threatening a lawsuit against Fox News for allowing political ads produced by vocal Never Trump group The Lincoln Project.

Trump took to his social media platform Truth Social to call out Fox News after he ostensibly saw an anti-Trump ad on the network, which he continually criticizes yet still tunes into!

Trump wrote:

The Perverts and Lowlifes of the Lincoln Project are back on, where else, Fox News. I thought they ran away to the asylum after their last catastrophic campaign, with charges made against them that were big time sleaze, and me getting many millions more votes in 2020 than I got in 2016. The Paul Ryun (sic) run Fox only has high standards for “Trump” ads, but not for anyone else. The Perverts should not be allowed to “false advertise,” and Fox News should not allow it to happen. See you all in Court!!!

And here's Rick Wilson's response:

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2