Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

I'm telling you this Caps team is ready for those assholes in Pittsburgh. Used to the speed, overcame unreal bull**** puck luck, won OT games and in the most important period came out flying and rammed it down the leafs throat for the win. Caps of old it's the exact opposite.

All I'm saying is that people should have believed in this team. But after Toronto took a 2-1 series lead you had people all over here and Reddit saying that they are failures, that they will always choke. And they haven't lost since, including 2 great overtime wins. 

Game 1 is Thursday. The series with Pittsburgh I don't want to think about right now. I want to sit and enjoy this.

https://twitter.com/CSNCapitals/status/856331620508479488

I'm ready for this Penguins series. I've been terrified of them. Their speed is killer. I think playing the leafs round one was the best thing that could have happened to us. They are a similar team and we are prepped for a tough series vs the Pens.

IF we manage to get out of round two, and I believe we will. The Caps will be the bully on the yard. 

5 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

What a great win. 

You have to find a way to keep Schmitt in there. If Alzner is healthy again, who do you sit? 

Alzner. 

He's been abysmal all year. 

This series was a PERFECT tune-up for what we'll see with the Penguins.  One thing is for sure, as fast as the Pens play, they don't have the overall team speed of  Toronto. 

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

All I'm saying is that people should have believed in this team. But after Toronto took a 2-1 series lead you had people all over here and Reddit saying that they are failures, that they will always choke. And they haven't lost since, including 2 great overtime wins. 

Game 1 is Thursday. The series with Pittsburgh I don't want to think about right now. I want to sit and enjoy this.

https://twitter.com/CSNCapitals/status/856331620508479488

You can't blame folks for feeling some type of way after the team went down 2-1.  It's been year after year of failures.  Caps played well in spurts, but this series could have easily gone the other way.  There wasn't a convincing win in the 6 games.  I'm glad they showed resolve. 

Anyways, that's neither here nor there...on to the Pens.  Hopefully we come out of this with a series victory.  Caps are due. 

As far as the Penguins go, the periods of listlessness and complacency can't happen. Pens have 3 great scoring lines. They will murder us if we don't play 60 minutes every night

If we play with urgency, we will crush them. They are still beat up. Still missing their 3rd best player. Looks like they'll be starting MAF. He can be rattled easily. 

Also, no two series are alike. Caps may look completely different next round. 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

As far as the Penguins go, the periods of listlessness and complacency can't happen. Pens have 3 great scoring lines. They will murder us if we don't play 60 minutes every night

If we play with urgency, we will crush them. They are still beat up. Still missing their 3rd best player. Looks like they'll be starting MAF. He can be rattled easily. 

Also, no two series are alike. Caps may look completely different next round. 

This is why we need to go up 2-0 at home to start the series. Take some air out of them early. 

Archived