Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES 2016 Draft Day Discussion Thread

RedBeast

If we're stuck at 21 and Kelly is gone I think we should take a WR. I haven't done any research on them but it's definitely a need.

No way quality can be had at WR in round 4. I think they need to go DL with the first pick as long as he is the best player available (which I think is likely).

Yeah the index thread said no posting/informational...I thought we could use a play by play, rant and rave, thread. Sit on the couch, drink, watch the draft and curse the cowgirls, etc

I'm hoping they draft Joey Bosa because I feel he has the biggest bust potential out of the top picks. Just a gut feeling though

I'm excited for the draft, but hate the new format.  It's just stupid having round 1 on a Thursday night, then rounds 2-3 on Friday night wrapping up on Sat.  

Just get back to the old format of Sat./Sun. so people can have real draft parties again, cook-outs, drinking til they fall down, etc.  Hard to do that on a Thursday night at 8pm, when most people work the next day.

Yeah same. I miss the old days of kicking back and relaxing on a lazy Saturday doing nothing but watching the draft.

Doesn't help that the draft is at the same time as the Caps game tonight. Thankfully the Skins pick won't be up till the game is probably over.

IM SO EXCITED.  Its a real nice sign when the most exciting part of your offseason is the draft, as opposed to the start of Free Agency.  This year was the deadest Ive seen this forum for free agency.  Heres to hopefully another great draft by Scotty Mac.

IM SO EXCITED.  Its a real nice sign when the most exciting part of your offseason is the draft, as opposed to the start of Free Agency.  This year was the deadest Ive seen this forum for free agency.  Heres to hopefully another great draft by Scotty Mac.

I couldn't agree more!!  I cannot wait to see what our GM does tonite!!  Whatever his moves are, after last years successful draft, I'm sure he has a master plan waiting to hatch!!!  LOL  Good luck NFC east teams, Scotty Mac is about to put a show on tonite!!!!

No way quality can be had at WR in round 4. I think they need to go DL with the first pick as long as he is the best player available (which I think is likely).

No way quality can be had at WR in round 4.

No way, quality can be had at WR in round 4.

I'm not usually a grammar man, but these sentences read very different.  I'm assuming you meant the second.

Doesn't hurt the excitement when you're biggest FA addition is basically during the draft part of the offseason.  ;)

Doesn't hurt the excitement when you're biggest FA addition is basically during the draft part of the offseason.   ;)

And it doesn't hurt that the FA that fell to you was the second most rated player not necessarily that's important...just sayin.

Hail Em Up

I like the broken up format, but 1 round not enough.

NFL needs to go 2 rounds 1st night. 3-4th second. Than 5,6,7 on saturday

I disagree.  I hate that they spread it apart.  We used to have a big pool party/crawfish boil on Draft Day, and now there's even a possibility that we trade out of the first round and won't make a pick until tomorrow night.  

I liked the marathon.  I think the breaking up of the draft and Thursday night football were both crappy decisions. 

Going to be pretty anticlimactic when we're all buzzed as hell by the time 21st pick comes around, only for the Skins to trade down multiple times and not have any action tonight LOL.

Skins likely to be on the clock around 3:30 to 4am UK time, think I'm gonna have to get a few hours in first and get the the wake up call set for 3.

Reading excerpts like this remind me that we have a guy in McCloughan who knows what he's doing, and not to overreact to any pick we make over the next few days:

It also proves why coaches shouldn't have much say on personnel. Coaching and scouting talent are two totally different skillsets.

Archived