Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Bubba's Redskins Breaking News has been updated, best read it now tomorrow I'll be on a big silver bird headed back to the states, so it may be empty tomorrow

If Steph curry had a shooting camp,what's the most you would pay for your child to attend? Lol

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 16m16 minutes ago

After going 0-4 wearing orange in Super Bowls, Broncos will wear white vs. Panthers http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628505/article/broncos-choose-to-wear-white-jerseys-in-super-bowl?campaign=Twitter_atn 

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 3m3 minutes ago

It's mailbag day! Still room for a few more #Redskins questions. email Mike.jones@washpost.com w subject "Mailbag question."

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 10m10 minutes ago

ICYMI: 2015 #Redskins awards: Who was the defensive player of the year? read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

CZpeRIRWQAAQmS-.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 11m11 minutes ago

He's been taking notes from Jordan Reed. #FeedReed #HTTR

CZpeO6UWwAEFbDc.jpg

Didn't see this posted yet:

Congrats to Eagles on Ertz deal. Player will be sick when he realizes how much money he left on table. The old market deals are irrelevant

------

Salty much?

Seems stupid to me.  He's essentially saying, "If I still had my job, then I would have paid him more, which is the opposite of my job."

I was just going through the updated pro bowl rosters

Dallas with 5 pro bowlers, Giants 4, Eagles 3, Redskins with 1.  The absolute inverse of the division standings.  Dallas must have had one heck of a year.

I'll take that every season. I'm ready to be a good team and not a compilation of a couple stars. Our players were always underrated in the 80s and early-90s compared to the rest of the division. While the Eagles flaunted their Cunninghams, Whites, and Waters...we won playoff games. 

I was just going through the updated pro bowl rosters

Dallas with 5 pro bowlers, Giants 4, Eagles 3, Redskins with 1.  The absolute inverse of the division standings.  Dallas must have had one heck of a year.

the pro-bowl is more a toilet bowl

Oh by the way BRBN has been updated for the literate

SkinzMama @skinzmama 5h5 hours ago

I've been so productive during the blizzard.. 1f644.png

CZplhRzUUAAXbID.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 2h2 hours ago

3 Redskins should have made Pro Bowl. My PressBoxDC column. http://www.pressboxdc.com/2016/01/26/rick-snider-washington-redskins-deserved-three-pro-bowl-nods 

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 17m17 minutes ago

Uncovered while doing research: 2011 Bills had 29 sack for season. 10 of them came in one game vs. John Beck’s #Redskins.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 18m18 minutes ago

If you missed the #Redskins at 1 with @kevins980 on @ESPNRadio980 check it out in the Audio Vault! http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/wtem/media/mpeg/01_26_16_The_Sports_Fix___Redskins___1-1453832798.mp3 

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 21m21 minutes ago

I'd like to know the actual process of how Pro Bowl subs & alternates are selected. These guys the NFL are calling up are beyond laughable.

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard now

@AnthonyRaposa Its laughable because its a NFL joke

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen 3h3 hours ago

Bridgewater: 14 TD, 9 INT, 3231 yds, 65%, 88.7 RTG

Cousins: 29 TD, 11 INT, 4166 yds, 70%, 101.6 RTG

One of these guys is a pro bowler.

6cac6652a018444d2be018db1e66375d_bigger.Ryan Kerrigan Verified account @RyanKerrigan91

@granthpaulsen SMDH

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 9m9 minutes ago

Pet peeve when people use the handicapped doors and they aren't handicapped .. I be so tight

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 43s44 seconds ago

Chad Ryan Retweeted Mark Bullock

Co-signed. RJF's versatility and disruptive power up front has been very under rated. Had a good year.

Chad Ryan added,

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL
Underrated players down the stretch for #Redskins: Ricky Jean Francois and Mason Foster. Watching back games, they keep jumping out.

Jordan Reed has a quicker first step and cut than Gronk. Not even close.  Reeds ability to get almost instant separation off the line of scrimmage right now is unparrelled .   Gronk is the best.  But Reed is the closest I've seen to Kellen Winslow in skill set I've seen.

Agreed and that is almost exactly what I said. If you want to isolate it to just route running Reed is the best right now. But even that is almost neutralized by gronkowski's size/catch radius. But basically we completely agree. It is a complete travesty that Reed isn't even going to the pro bowl as an alternate. What a joke.

Which means Cousins ended up 15th or worst in pro bowl voting at the QB position.

Fans should definately not vote...

It's so egregiously bad, it's laughable.

Teddy Bridgewater? Cousins blew him out of the water in EVERY category. The Pro Bowl is a running joke, though. It's never been more irrelevant. The NFL needs to revamp this, or just eliminate it altogether.

It's so egregiously bad, it's laughable.

Teddy Bridgewater? Cousins blew him out of the water in EVERY category. The Pro Bowl is a running joke, though. It's never been more irrelevant. The NFL needs to revamp this, or just eliminate it altogether.

The Redskins looked really good at the end of the season, won the NFC East, and made it to the playoffs.

Yet they only put one player in the pro bowl (Trent Williams, who turned it down).

Meanwhile, the Cowboys were a dismal 4-12, lost seven straight at one time, and were one of the worst teams in the league.

Yet they put FIVE players in the pro bowl.

Go figure. :)

Why would anyone complain about the Pro Bowl? The best sport in the world already has the shortest season so having an extra game to watch is a good thing.

It's like complaining about more paid holidays at work.

Because most players don't care about it either and don't play all out (some do, but not all)

I think a better game would be a fringe player game...the fringe players get to play 1 more game as an audition for a team

1. "I want them on this team.There's a process we have to go through,but they're good football players"-McCloughan on Garçon/Jackson 

More

2.  Mike Jones Retweeted

"The more the merrier." - McCloughan on draft picks this year #Redskins

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

"I think we'll have a little bit of money, but we'll be the same. I don't think we'll be big players." - McCloughan #Redskins

Retweet

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

"I loved him. It's one of the best years I've had as a coach." - McCloughan on Gruden #Redskins

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

"I don't want the biggest, the fastest, the prettiest -- I want a football player." - McCloughan #Redskins

Retweet

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

"I think it's starting to set the culture." - Scot McCloughan on the #Redskins finish.

Retweet

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

"We have until March 9"- Scot McCloughan on Robert Griffin III. Wants to sit down with coaches & evaluate every situation, inc RG3 #Redskins

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

McCloughan said he would like to get a long term deal done with Kirk Cousins #Redskins

More

Mike Jones Retweeted

McCloughan said Chris Culliver is ahead of schedule with his recovery, though it's always a tough injury to come back from #Redskins

2 retweets3 likes

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan hopes to find more gems at Senior Bowl http://es.pn/1QCo9s1 

I listed to what I could of GMSM's press conference.

1. He's playing it very close to the vest because he doesn't want to give anything away with contract negotiations

2. He's not going to talk bad about anybody currently on the team, and he wasn't baited into the "we're moving on from Griffin" line of questioning.  Yes, they're going to release Griffin.  It does nobody any good to say that now. 

3. He talked a lot about culture guys, and football players.  Not the biggest or fastest, but the best football players.

Overall, I think it was a more verbose version of a Bill Bellichick press conference.  Whereas Bill would have answered the question of "have you decided when you're going to release Robert" with "No," Scot said some bologna about meeting with coaches, having until March 9th, blah blah blah.

He really said nothing.  He likes everybody, he is looking for good football guys, and he won't talk contracts.  

So, we know about what we knew before.  

Personally, I love it.

Now, queue a bunch of nitwits who are going to parse words and read more into what was said than what was said. 

But thats only 1/3 of the vote...that means Cousins wasnt high on the list for coaches and players either...hmmmm

Players are like fans, most of them only watch highlights. And they also have a huge trend in voting for buddies and friends. Fans are usually biased and vote for their teams,

Just looking once again at the roster.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000607625/article/2016-pro-bowl-roster

A lot of them are questionable.

2. He's not going to talk bad about anybody currently on the team, and he wasn't baited into the "we're moving on from Griffin" line of questioning.  Yes, they're going to release Griffin.  It does nobody any good to say that now. 

Overall, I think it was a more verbose version of a Bill Bellichick press conference.  Whereas Bill would have answered the question of "have you decided when you're going to release Robert" with "No," Scot said some bologna about meeting with coaches, having until March 9th, blah blah blah.

He really said nothing.  

Now, queue a bunch of nitwits who are going to parse words and read more into what was said than what was said.

Here's the thing. He actually said a lot, not "nothing" or "blah, blah, blah".

We can't release Robert until after the Super Bowl. We have to release him by March 9th. He's ours until then. Scot sent a message to the other 31 teams with that & adding If you want to control where he goes you better call me.

So he's still ours for 42 more days, unless someone wants to offer up draft picks for him. And Scott likes draft picks. :)

Archived