Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Who Wants To Be A BILLIONAIRE!?!?

DM72

I am so disappointed.

I won. I'm X dollars richer by not spending money on a ticket that would have lost.

Seriously though... I was pretty tempted, but didn't get around to buying one. Pretty sure, I wouldn't have made it. I don't have that kind of luck.

I won. I'm X dollars richer by not spending money on a ticket that would have lost.

Seriously though... I was pretty tempted, but didn't get around to buying one. Pretty sure, I wouldn't have made it. I don't have that kind of luck.

well, you probably threw the entire thing off and now you're the reason I lost and will focus all my angry internet hatred, fueled by animal rescuing chosen poverty, onto you.

I hope you're happy now.

well, you probably threw the entire thing off and now you're the reason I lost and will focus all my angry internet hatred, fueled by animal rescuing chosen poverty, onto you.

I hope you're happy now.

Heck, self-publishing was about as daring a lottery as I could shoot for, but I'll take the anger. Artists need suffering I'm told. I don't believe it, but that's what they keep telling me.

Heck, self-publishing was about as daring a lottery as I could shoot for, but I'll take the anger. Artists need suffering I'm told. I don't believe it, but that's what they keep telling me.

Damn your optimism!

How am I supposed to create a real Eden without a billion dollars.

My internet rage is real.

OK, Rams defensive end Chris Long had me cracking up this morning.  Check him out in disguise - camo jacket, NASCAR cap -  on the local Charlottesville NBC-affiliate newscast buying tickets at a local mini-mart:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rams-chris-long-shown-hopeful-powerball-player-news-article-1.2496484

“I already told my old lady, if we win, um, we’re goin' down to Myrtle Beach for about 10 months, and we’re gettin' a timeshare — the whole nine yards,” Long said. “And maybe a big boat, a couple boats, a lot of boats. We’re gonna have a great time.”

Yee Haw!!!

(He said on his Twitter account he also gave a fake name - "Ron Carriker." but they didn't use it.)  I hope you and your old lady can get that Myrtle Beach timeshare, Ron.

Hey, this was an improvement.  I threw down for a few tickets both this drawing and the last one.  The last time, I got one number to match across all my plays.  This time, I got four of them.  Based on that rate of improvement, I only need to play 10-12 more times to get enough matches that they'd be forced to line up on one play.

Totally sucks for the people who won. After you split the pot three ways and pay your taxes, you're left with like 15-20% of the pot.

LOL, what are you gonna do with a measly $300M?

Cash value was $983m, divided by 3 is $327m, after taxes $170m-ish.

So yeah while everyone would obviously gladly take $170m, it's closer to 10% of the jackpot amount that got everyone so excited.

So yeah while everyone would obviously gladly take $170m, it's closer to 10% of the jackpot amount that got everyone so excited.

Wouldn't the total jackpot divided by 3?

Then they either take the cash or the monthly from that?

Dividing the cash payout would assume all three winners have to be connected and agree to the same thing. No?

Wouldn't the total jackpot divided by 3?

Then they either take the cash or the monthly from that?

Dividing the cash payout would assume all three winners have to be connected and agree to the same thing. No?

All three have the same options of cash vs annuity. I was just laying out the best case scenario for how much money they'd end up with in the near future.

there is no 50% tax bracket anymore.... where do you get from 327 down to 170??

As ridiculous as it sounds, I'm always a little disappointed I didn't win

I suppose that would be the statistical equivalent of walking out to my car and being thankful I wasn't eaten by a grizzly

yes... statistically speaking.   

and yes... i am still a little bit pissed when i don't win.

do i not deserve this......?!??!

af3c8958df47b081648414bf1c50fd4c4cbc2e1d

---------------------------------edit------------------------------------------------------

......  I got my well deserved answer......

angry-god_o_2104963.jpg

<<translation:  dude... you got things pretty good,  quit yo' bawlin >>>

OK, Rams defensive end Chris Long had me cracking up this morning.  Check him out in disguise - camo jacket, NASCAR cap -  on the local Charlottesville NBC-affiliate newscast buying tickets at a local mini-mart:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rams-chris-long-shown-hopeful-powerball-player-news-article-1.2496484

“I already told my old lady, if we win, um, we’re goin' down to Myrtle Beach for about 10 months, and we’re gettin' a timeshare — the whole nine yards,” Long said. “And maybe a big boat, a couple boats, a lot of boats. We’re gonna have a great time.”

Yee Haw!!!

(He said on his Twitter account he also gave a fake name - "Ron Carriker." but they didn't use it.)  I hope you and your old lady can get that Myrtle Beach timeshare, Ron.

I guess in order to stay on the Rams long enough,  you must have sense of humor  :)

Archived