Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to the Packers

Thirtyfive2seven

Congrats to the Packers as well, they played a very good game. The best part is the Packers have been together for 8 years under Rogers, while the Redskins have been together 1 year under Kirk Cousins. The Washington Redskins are only starting to grow while many teams in this league already have, and most will be on the decline or rebuilding with a new QB and system.

Scotty mac will fill holes on both sides of the ball  this offseason. We will get our running game going, we will get better on Defense and we will be back in the playoffs more mature, in sync, and more than ready for teams like Green Bay. As fun as this season was, we were not a Super Bowl contender, but that could all change starting next season!

Packers beat us fair and square.

They have 2 elite players, Rodgers and Matthews.

You could argue we have one in DJax, but he doesn't necessarily effect every play.

We beat just about every team we were supposed to beat (sans Miami and Dallas 1).  That's a huge step.  Get back to it and lets see if we can give the Pack a better game next year.  I believe we play the North.

I will concur with the OP.  Congrats to the Packers.  We weren't beaten by superior skill necessarily, but by superior coaching and game management.  Aaron Rodgers, McCarthy, and their staff did what they needed to do to exploit our weakness.  I hope Gruden et. al were paying attention.  

I am not angry, like usual after a Redskins loss.  There is no shame in losing to superior coaching, as long as our guys learn from it.  I am optimistic, a feeling I haven't had for a long time.  Now the GM knows how close we are to the upper tier of NFL teams, and knows which pieces to go after (think defense, especially secondary)

I like the Packers, I have warmer feelings towards them than most other teams I don't follow. That being said, Go Cardinals (sorry)

The better team won yesterday. And while I hope Arizona sends them back to their frozen wasteland in shame, I would have been livid had we lost to Minnesota or Seattle. Our young, growing team losing to the vetern Pack? Eh. Never NEVER like losing, but I can't say I'm that angry. Our team finally appears to be in good hands, and we have a lot to look forward to, epecially given the state of the rest of the NFC East.

They looked like the team that was picked to represent the NFC last night and I hope they do.

Almost every one forget that last year, baring a complete unreallistic meltdown they would have been in the Superbowl against the Patriots. And that's quite the same team than last year...

I can't help it. I hate GB. They are (around here) a bunch of arrogant entitled fans who think every year is THEIR YEAR. They are worse than c*wb*y fans.

That said they definitely handed the skins a dose of reality.

You clearly don't know thos fans that post here. Always classy. So I think we're being really rude against them. They played better, and deserved congratulations. There's no need to be rude or whatever.

I understand you guys hating us. I still hate the Giants for 2007 and 2011.

No need for hate. But I understand your hate for Giants. You're welcomed here with that kind of feelings...

You can say it:

**** Mara!

It helps, I know.

Oh come on.  Rodgers was out there making plays.  Green Bay's running game mostly came into effect later in the game. 

We didn't pressure Rodgers enough beyond the first drives.

Oh that is bull ****.  Rodgers out there making plays?  Laughable.  He got his groove back handing off the ball.  Even the idiot pundits and Gruden post game said they ran it down our throats and that we were unable to stop it.

Lucky for us he was unable to torch us.   He overthrew his receivers long consistently.  If dink and dunk plays count okay he made plays.  

Every single analyst pointed to the Skins inability to stop the run.   I thought our entire D looked exhausted in the 3rd quarter.

I apologize for the chippiness on behalf of our team. I like when our players play clean and don't talk trash.

I found it odd as there isn't a ton of history between the teams. I understand it was a playoff game and guys are pumped up but it seemed like more than that. Maybe both teams were reading too many press clippings before the game.

I found it odd as there isn't a ton of history between the teams. I understand it was a playoff game and guys are pumped up but it seemed like more than that. Maybe both teams were reading too many press clippings before the game.

Playoff games can be very emotional. Players can have a lot of emotion when the game first starts. I think that's all it is. Plus, we have Desean and Trent, known to talk a lot of **** to opposing team (Trent after the 2012 playoff game)

I apologize for the chippiness on behalf of our team. I like when our players play clean and don't talk trash.

Man, it is a part of the game. Emotions run high on both sides of the ball, especially in a playoff game.

The Pack came alive in the second quarter and never let up. My Skins just failed to adapt properly. We WILL be back again and soon!

What I liked was when Cobb retracted his little "You like that" comment after the game. Classy retraction of a statement that came off a little arrogant. 

Watch out next year we will be even better. (<-- eternal optimist!).

Never had a real reason to dislike the packers.  Watching Aaron Rodgers at the end of that game laughing it up and hearing randall cobb say "you like that" after the game kinda did it for me though.  I will be rooting for the cardinals.

I didn't like Cobb saying that. Let's just win with class.

I don't see that as trash talking. That's playoffs. Everyone is pumped and fired up for it, trying to win the game. That's OK to me. That can happen here and there.

Nothing less that natural expression of tons of testosteron that is lying on the field, really... Alpha Males dogfighting other alpha males...

That's natural evolution to me :D

Admittedly, The Packers took our best shot in the beginning of the game and came back at us and we couldn't hang with them. So while I'm disappointed, the best team won. I would have had a harder time if we got stomped by the Seahawks, Rams or another NFC east team in the wild card.

Archived