Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It looks like the era of dysfunction is over.

endzone_dave

The lack of media leaks this past off season is what really got my attention this year. There were no distractions going into the season. Also this team handled the transition to cousins from Robert almost as good as you can. Obviously cousins play helped keep it down, but even when he was inconsistent to start the year off, Roberts name, aside from here, never was mentioned. Hopefully this is way things are going to be now, and our friends at the post will have to find new, maybe even positive things, to write about this team.

way too early to make that declaration.

I mean our GM had his wife blow his **** up publicly on twitter like 4 months ago. We may be good but it'll take years of quiet for me to think the dysfunction is all gone.

I think his wife not blowing might have been the issue...

I have been very down and critical of the Redskins since 2013. I hated the Gruden hire, hated promoting McVay to OC, hated Gruden keeping the assistant coaches after he was hired, hated hiring Barry as DC this season, hated that Griffin was benched and Cousins named QB at the start of the season and I'm sure there are lots of other things I could add to the list. I am thrilled that I was 100% wrong about so many things and feel great that we finally have a general manager in charge that knows what he is doing. My biggest fear is that he decides to "leave" (not sure how to phrase it) like he did in San Francisco and Seattle. I wish that he would hire an assistant general manager and that person learns everything he could from him just in case.    

I have been very down and critical of the Redskins since 2013. I hated the Gruden hire, hated promoting McVay to OC, hated Gruden keeping the assistant coaches after he was hired, hated hiring Barry as DC this season, hated that Griffin was benched and Cousins named QB at the start of the season and I'm sure there are lots of other things I could add to the list. I am thrilled that I was 100% wrong about so many things and feel great that we finally have a general manager in charge that knows what he is doing. My biggest fear is that he decides to "leave" (not sure how to phrase it) like he did in San Francisco and Seattle. I wish that he would hire an assistant general manager and that person learns everything he could from him just in case.    

Wasn't there someone Scot was trying to hire off the Seahawks staff?

The damn drama was more of a distraction than anything else.

Yea, its bad to make a bone-headed trade or signing, but the circus show that had enveloped this team since 2012 was crazy.

Look around the league; Philly got rid of Chip, Coughlin retired [ so he says ] and Jerruh, well, there's NO explanation of that program, they're too busy dealing with ex cons and wife beaters to focus on getting quality players.

the fact that i have "we'll always have 2012" stored in my permanent memory for use indefinitely prevents me from really latching on to this idea.

i just can't bring myself to anything other than being happy about this year and having low expectations for anything else. including the 'future' of this team.

i don't think my psyche can handle another 2013/2014. In fact i know it can't.

I think it appears to be looking that way with Scott being here.  I would've waited until next season before making this thread. The redskins in the past have showed 1 year of going the right direction just for it to reverse the other direction the next 2 or 3 years. 

Archived