Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It looks like the era of dysfunction is over.

endzone_dave

One of the good signs that we haven't seen since Bobby Beathard was GM, and it's been so long that I almost forgot about it, is that it seems like every game some new nobody player gets into the game and makes some huge plays.

Who doesn't remember waiting years for 2nd-3rd round picks like Taylor Jacobs, The Comb, lereibus, 1/2 of Gibbs/Vinny picks never played and UDFAs didn't exist.

Right now we have UDFAs outperforming entire drafts from the 2000s and our later picks weren't just throw aways

Lombardi isn't just a coach either. And we have 3 of the latter version. I get the point being made about us since early 90s being horrible. I just won't put our franchise as whole on Browns status.

Edit: white flag; thread topic was disfunction I will admit we were the worst in that department since 99. Even over or equal to the b...bro...Browns!! There I said it!

oh yes we were. For the last 22 years we were the Browns.

No, we weren't.

No other team in the NFL has been the Cleveland Browns except the Cleveland Browns.

In that time span:

- They've had 17 losing seasons in 20 years. The Redskins have had 13 losing seasons in 23 years.

- They've been to the playoffs twice. Redskins have been to the playoffs 5 times.

- They've won the division once. The Skins have won the division 3 times.

- Their longest streak of losing seasons is 8 seasons in a row. The Redskins have never gone more than 3 seasons in a row with a losing record.

Cleveland Browns are in a whole category by themselves. The closest franchise to them would be the Lions, and they're not close either lol...

Browns at one point were one of the most respected and storied franchises in the league. They have 4 NFL championships.

I thought you said over the last 22 years?...If the time span goes back to when the Browns were winning NFL championships then the Redskins are REALLY not the Browns.

And the Baltimore Ravens. ;)

Yes, and the Baltimore Ravens are a very well run franchise.  They had 19 guys on IR this year and had a down year, but I predict they will be back in contention next year.  Cleveland never should have moved or they may have had huge success with that front office which went to Baltimore.  That FO was built by none other than Belichick.  It was Belichick that hired Ozzie in the first place.

One day, I hope Scot McCloughan can build a staff like the Baltimore Ravens.

HTTR

Even if we miss the postseason next year, the dark ages are over. I actually think we've been out of the great depression since 2014 when Shanahan was fired and Bruce Allen was given back control. Unlike Shanahan, Bruce helped restore respect and function back in the front office. It was Bruce who didn't let his ego get in the way and brought Scott in. The front office has turned into a respectable NFL front office. That in itself gives us a better chance at being a consistent winner.

So in retrospect, are people thrilled, satisfied, or dissatisfied w/our #5 draft pick?

I'm more impressed with the decision to draft a player like Scherff at #5 because of the message it sent to the team and the rest of the NFL. With Scot in charge, this just doesn't seem like the dumb 'ole Redskins any more but time will tell.

Archived