Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida....? oh yeah, Florida.

mcsluggo

'Witchcraft' victim swings long sword in Fort Pierce

Clervenel St Louis, 30, of the 1500 block of Citrus Avenue in Fort Pierce, was jailed on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill and battery.

St Louis’s sister told Fort Pierce police that St Louis pulled a tan-handled, long sword on her and her child.

“I’m going to kill you,” St Louis is quoted as saying.

The sister said St Louis argued with everyone, and was drunk or high.

The sister said St Louis pushed her and started swinging the sword behind her back.

She said St Louis again said he’d kill her, though added he would refrain from killing her 3-year-old son.

St Louis, who smelled of booze, screamed, “They put witchcraft on me,” and also that “they put a curse on me.”

The type of witchcraft and curse wasn’t specified.

Click on the link for the full article

Seems Floridians take it with them in vacation. The video is crazy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/2018/11/28/mans-hang-glider-soared-feet-air-he-wasnt-strapped-into-it/?noredirect=on

Chris Gursky stood on a hilltop last month in Switzerland, with one hand holding on to his pilot and the other holding on to a hang glider, gearing up for an adventure.

The pilot asked Gursky whether he was ready and then gave the command.

“Three, two, one, go!” the pilot shouted. “Run, run, run, run, run, run!”

Video showed the two men run, then soar into the air. But it was at that instant that Gursky realized something was wrong — his harness had not been attached to the aircraft. Soon, they were about 4,000 feet in the air and Gursky was hanging free, he later told CBS News.

“At one point I looked down and I saw the scenery down there, it was all the treetops changing colors and the little farm houses and I actually thought to myself, ‘That is beautiful. I am going to fall to my death there,’” Gursky, of North Port, Fla., told the station. “I probably had five seconds left in me because my hand was starting to slip off that bar.”

Lemur pops out of Florida man's trailer after traffic stop on interstate

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. — When authorities pulled a central Florida man over on the interstate the routine traffic stop turned into anything but when a lemur appeared. 

Florida Highway Patrol stopped 27-year-old Shane Taylor because he was driving erratically and hitting other cars, troopers said. 

The horse trailer Taylor was pulling can be seen throwing sparks as it was dragged along the road. Then, as troopers approach the vehicle a lemur is seen popping out of the trailer. 

Click on the link for the full article and video

• 2 weeks later...

Tampa death metal rocker had flamethrowers, warned of ‘rapture,’ officials say

TAMPA — Hours before his Northdale rental went up in flames, investigators say Patrick O’Brien, lead guitarist for the death metal band Cannibal Corpse, called relatives warning about “the rapture” and that “aliens have landed.”

The next day, after the fire subsided, fire marshals found a large cache of weapon, locked safes and potential explosive devices inside the home the 53-year-old O’Brien rented at 16311 Northwood Dr.

The stash included about 50 shotguns — including one with a barrel illegaly sawed off to about an inch past the stock — 10 semiautomatic rifles including a couple of AK-47 variants, two Uzi-style rifles and 20 handguns, according to a search warrant.

What kind of year did Florida Man have? Let’s just say he’s on the naughty list

We don’t know what it is about Florida. Or Florida Man and Florida Woman.

Maybe it’s the heat. Maybe it’s the humidity. Maybe it’s the red tide. Because people sure tend to behave differently down here than other parts of the nation.

Here’s our list of strangest and zaniest stories of 2018. We can’t call it the best of the best because we don’t want to celebrate other people’s misdeeds or misfortunes.

We admit, gathering this compilation wasn’t easy. How do you choose from so much wackiness? Let’s put it this way: If Santa existed, these following folks would be getting some serious coal in their stockings.

Woman passes gas, then pulls a knife on an offended customer, cops say

He told cops the stuff in his pockets was daily vitamins. It wasn’t anything healthy

Bodycam footage shows a naked man at airport, causing chaos at baggage claim

A Florida woman found out the hard way that 911 does not arrange Uber rides

She wanted a beer so she called 911 — and cops responded

Florida man goes in for a job interview. Walks out in handcuffs.

They like a Quarter Pounder without cheese — so they’re suing McDonald’s for $5 million

He told his son not to eat all the Cheez-Its. Violence ensued, cops say

He was drunk, stoned and naked, cops say. Then out came the George Foreman grill.

A Florida man was working out naked. But that’s not the only reason he was arrested.

Homeless artist who has no arms is accused of stabbing tourist

Cops say a man was masturbating on a Florida beach. He had a different explanation

Mom let her 2-year-old smoke meth and roll joints, cops say. Now she’s in jail.

Florida teacher helps man assault teens with a knife and a gun, deputies say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Police: Man screamed about vampires before burning down Daytona house

DAYTONA BEACH — A man accused of setting fire to his home had been rambling and having mental issues earlier in the day, according to a police report.

Daytona Beach police arrested Melvin Weaver, 64, and charged him with arson and aggravated battery Monday after his home at 604 Cassin Ave. burned to the ground Sunday night. By Monday morning, a judge ordered Weaver undergo an involuntary mental evaluation, according to court records.

According to a charging affidavit, Weaver’s wife tried to have him taken into custody for involuntary mental evaluation earlier in the day, but by the time officers arrived at 2 p.m., he was acting as if he “was in a sound mind and could not be Baker Acted,” a charging affidavit states.

Officers and an ambulance left, but later that evening, around 7 p.m., Weaver broke several windows in the house, hit his 59-year-old wife with one of her wooden canes and shouted that “The vampires are going to defend themselves,” the report states, eventually setting the couples’ home on fire and burning it to the ground.

A Florida family's Whirlpool refrigerator exploded inside their home

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A Florida family is grateful to be alive after they say their refrigerator exploded inside their home Saturday morning.

The force was so powerful it caused significant damage in several rooms. Luckily, neighbor Joshua Perez heard the explosion and ran inside to help the family get out safely.

“I was in my room, I was asleep and I just heard the bang,” Mark Ligondie said.

Ligondie quickly ran from his bedroom to the kitchen where moments before his parents' refrigerator in the West Palm Beach, Florida home exploded.

“There were fumes coming everywhere,” Ligondie said.

He says the odor was so strong and that it made his eyes sting.

“The fridge exploded and if you look at this angle right here it expanded and expanded so much it bent the metal of the stove,” Ligondie said.

The family's 4-month-old Whirlpool refrigerator was in pieces, scattered throughout the kitchen and surrounding rooms.

“I’ve actually scheduled an appointment already because of how nervous this has made me just for general maintenance and I think that’s something everyone should do,“ Perez said.

WPTV reached out to Whirlpool for comment. We are still waiting to hear back.

Woman Assaults Parents For Not Taking Her To Outback: Police

A woman in Palm Beach County was arrested after allegedly assaulting her parents when they refused to take her to an Outback restaurant.

Deana Seltzer, 28, was charged with domestic battery, battery on a person 65 years of age or older and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

The victim’s mother told police that Seltzer asked to go to Outback. When the mother said no, that’s when Seltzer became enraged and began punching her chest and arms.

Police said Seltzer’s father tried to break up the fight, and she began assaulting him. He received scratches to his face and upper body.

Officials said Seltzer then began running around the home and flipped over a large glass table, recliners and other pieces of furniture. She then ripped a 12-inch decorative knife off a wall and ran toward her father while screaming, “I’m going to [EXPLETIVE] kill you,” officials said.

Florida Teacher Smeared Human Feces at Park to Ruin Principal's Party: Officials

A Florida substitute teacher accused of spreading human feces on tables and grills at a park where a principal was set to host a birthday party told deputies she was "displeased" with how the principal was handling a professional issue.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Off The Beat: Woman’s apparent ‘threesome’ revelation sours boyfriend in Stuart

Erica Loucks, of the 1500 block of Northeast Dove Avenue in Stuart, was jailed on a battery charge in connection with the New Year’s Day incidents.

109a512c-2ec6-4996-a4f3-7fcc11e3f8d7-Cas

A man who said he was Loucks’s boyfriend told Martin County sheriff’s deputies Loucks “was out all last night drinking and abusing narcotics,” the report states.

“(The boyfriend) said Erica stated she slept with another man during a threesome upon returning home this morning,” the report states.

A “threesome” refers to three people engaging in sexual activities with each other. More traditional intimate encounters involve two people.

Further, the boyfriend said Loucks returned home with another woman.

The boyfriend said they argued as he confronted Loucks “about having relations with other people,” records show.

Loucks, who deputies said smelled of alcohol, said the boyfriend “started calling her every name in the book.”

She said she kicked the boyfriend after he “lunged” at her and she felt threatened.

Loucks said she didn’t call authorities because her landlord will make her leave “if the police keep showing up.”

Florida woman shot after performing sex act for $5 and Pringles chips, deputies say

JACKSONVILLE, FLA. — The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office told ActionNewsJax that around 10:23 p.m. Monday, a woman agreed to perform a sexual act with the shooting suspect in exchange for $5 and Pringles potato chips.

After the act, the suspect demanded his $5 back and shot her in the shoulder before fleeing the scene on foot, the Sheriff's Office said. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2019 at 12:04 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I love that they felt the need to explain what a threesome was and that "More traditional intimate encounters involve two people."

Thanks for clearing that up.

People learn better with images.

So I'm surprised they didn't show "What a threesome might look like"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

ANCIENT FUNERAL MASK WASHES UP ON FLORIDA BEACH, COULD BE MISSING LINK TO $4 BILLION SUNKEN TREASURE

Researchers have discovered an artifact which is believed to be part of a huge $4 billion haul of treasure hidden somewhere off the Florida coast.

The ancient funeral mask—estimated to be up to ten or twelve thousand years old—washed up on Melbourne Beach in the central region of the state, according to former MIT professor and Army Ranger Mike Torres, who has been searching for the haul for more than a decade, News 6 WKMG reported.

Seafarer Exploration Corporation—a company which recently brought Torres on board to help find the missing treasure—say that the haul was aboard a Spanish ship that sunk during a hurricane in 1715 as it was sailing from Cuba to Spain.

The explorers say that finding the lost treasure would be the greatest archaeological discovery in a century, and that the mask could be the missing link in the “debris trail” which could help them locate it.

• Confused 1

Walking? You’re risking your life in Florida, the deadliest state for pedestrians

Walking may be hazardous to your health. In Florida, the risk of fatality on foot is significantly higher than in any other state.

Nine of the 20 deadliest U.S. cities for pedestrians are in Florida, with Orlando ranked as least safe and the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach metropolis ranked No. 14 in the 2019 “Dangerous By Design” report from Smart Growth America and the National Complete Streets Coalition.

Florida, which was built for speed, retained its distinction as the place where a person who is walking is most likely to be struck and killed by a driver.

Harrowing data showed that between 2008 and 2017 the number of annual pedestrian deaths in the U.S. increased by 35.7 percent. A total of 49,340 died in that 10-year period. That’s more than 13 people killed per day or one person every hour and 46 minutes.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-trying-to-steal-roommates-prescription-pills-tricked-into-taking-laxatives-police-say

A Florida man who thought he was taking his roommate's prescription pills got a rude awakening when he was caught red-handed taking what later turned out to be laxatives, police said.

Peter Emery, 56, was arrested last Thursday and booked on charges of petit theft and violation of probation on prior possession charges after he was caught on video taking the pills from his roommate, WFLA reported.

• Haha 1