Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida....? oh yeah, Florida.

mcsluggo

I thought that there was a thread dedicated to America's scrotum.   

In any case, there ought to be!

----------

i can't find the bugs bunny/florida gif,   so here is a different one.

fph7tukhmwvj9mldssfm.gif

-------

and here is a whole year's worth of Florida Man headlines

http://es.redskins.com/topic/397677-florida-oh-yeah-florida/

staring with January and February:

January 2: Florida Man Covers Himself in Ashes, Says He's a 400-Year-Old Indian, Crashes Stolen Car

January 5: Florida Man Puts Dragon Lizard in His Mouth, Smacks People with It

January 27: Florida Man Steals $4,000 Worth of Chicken and Ribs

1451436977-ribs.jpg
  •  
Elizabeth Griffin

February 3: Florida Man Who Had Sex with Dolphin Says It Seduced Him

February 3: Florida Man Killed 5 Gators, Ate Them for Super Bowl Dinner

February 15: Florida Man Believes Wrestling Event Is Haunted by the Ghost of Macho Man Randy Savage

1451345745-macho-man-rsandy-savage.jpg
  •  
Kenny Eichenberg

February 25: Florida Man Appears to Vape His Friend's Ejaculate

... more at the link

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

and the definitive documentary...?

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/florida_man

Florida_Man_2309483247.jpg

Jon Stewart has called Florida “America’s Wang,” and it does seem like the state’s strong peninsular properties somehow attract people who are on the end of their rope. In Florida Man, Sean Dunne’s endlessly quotable and surprisingly poignant documentary about worn-out and inebriated layabouts in the Sunshine State, the viewer meets a wide variety of beercan philosophers in the course of 50 minutes, many of whom have tales to tell, of the government’s economic dependence on the incarcerated, of the heady thrills of a lifetime of brawling, of the murderous tendencies of pill addicts, of the undeniable pleasures of an impromptu three-way underneath a pier on a beach.

I’m tempted to call this movie “the real Fight Club,” but that’s not right. It’s “Old Drunk Guy Parking Lot”—a majority of the footage was obtained outside various bars, motels, laundromats, and tattoo parlors, and certainly a majority of the interviewees, if not nearly all of them, have booze sloshing around their system. However, it’s hard to state anything equivocal beyond the two facts laid down in the title—it’s in Florida, and it’s about males. Not all of them are old, and not all of them are drunk. Taken together, however, there’s an unmistakable commonality among the worn-out old dudes who were willing to interact with Dunne and his crew. As one guy says, “When I moved here I was a damn Yankee. I got upgraded to redneck.” (Come to think of it, “Upgraded to Redneck” isn’t a bad alternate title for the movie.) ......

<see more at link>

Edited by mcsluggo

I'm in SWF now and originally from Northern Virginia - still not used to it down here.

My wife forced me to move down to SE Florida 2 years ago to the day... I wanted to go back to my hometown, Charleston, SC... It's about 93 degrees today on New Years Eve and still sweating :(

... And I like the change of seasons...

• Like 1

2 seasons in Southern Florida. Wet and dry. Wet season,when it's on,you can set your watch by the thunderstorms. And right when you think it can't rain any harder,it does. Nothing like seeing a fish swimming across the road during one of those storms to help you realize that yep,Florida is kind of different.  :P The wife and went back September last year to have a reunion in the Keys,(Islamorada),with some friends we were stationed with back when Homestead was an active base. Still the tourist trap and still an interesting and diverse group down there,though very much crowded.  Also notice a lot of these things wandering around down there,(they call it an infestation actually. Way out of control). 

UH1A4029-Edit-Edit-L.jpg

• Like 2

My wife forced me to move down to SE Florida 2 years ago to the day... I wanted to go back to my hometown, Charleston, SC... It's about 93 degrees today on New Years Eve and still sweating :(

... And I like the change of seasons...

I feel ya Semper - it's awful right now. I was born in Charleston btw  :)

Small world... how in the 'hell' did we end up down here???  

Seriously ask myself that daily. But, my parents are here and I have a sister in Orlando so it's good I'm around for that reason if nothing else. I left a good job in Alexandria Va in 2007 - been downhill ever since. Hard lessons...

Have a great New Year and be safe!

Seriously ask myself that daily. But, my parents are here and I have a sister in Orlando so it's good I'm around for that reason if nothing else. I left a good job in Alexandria Va in 2007 - been downhill ever since. Hard lessons...

Have a great New Year and be safe!

A very happy and healthy to you and yours... and everyone on ES!