Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida....? oh yeah, Florida.

mcsluggo

A Florida man argued he was not drinking and driving because he only drank at stop signs and traffic signals.  He made this novel legal argument to police who were called to a Florida McDonald's where a woman said the man repeatedly rammed into the back of her car in the drive-thru line.

Earle Stevens, Jr., 69, was found with an open bottle of Jim Beam bourbon in the front seat.  Police arrested him and suggested he test his novel defense strategy before a judge.

Screen%20Shot%202018-07-10%20at%201.32.0

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article214627635.html

43 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Edit: Nevermind...turns out this was a hoax.

hoaxes are ok in THIS thread... the whole state is a hoax!

(seriously, just label the story as a hoax/joke news/ or whatever..... )

Man was 'awoken by demons' before killing Eatonville woman with pipe, police say

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - The man accused of killing an Eatonville woman Saturday was “awoken by demons,” according to Orange County court documents.

Lesley Satenay, 40, of St. Lucia faces homicide charges for killing Krystal Phillips early Saturday morning at her home in Eatonville. The murder was not premeditated, court paperwork said.

Eatonville Police said they were called to a home on Deacon Jones Boulevard around 4:30 a.m. Saturday for the report of a body. When police arrived, officers said Satenay was standing on the porch stating, “the devil was inside his room.”

Officers observed blood on Satenay’s pants and feet as he told officers he “hit the devil with a bible,” court papers said.

Click on the link for the full article

OK, how do you not notice you have a bat clinging to your arm?

Rabid bat clings to a Florida woman's arm in Hillsborough County

SUN CITY CENTER, Fla. - A Sun City Center woman discovered a rabid bat clinging to her arm in on Monday, health officials said. 

The woman was helping her friend into a vehicle when something struck her arm, according to the Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough. At the time, she didn't see what it was and went home. 

"While at home she went to the restroom and discovered a small bat clinging to her arm," said spokesperson for DOH-Hillsborough, Kevin Watler, in a news release. "The woman immediately squished it with a towel."

She then contacted the DOH, where they tested the squished bat and discovered it had rabies. 

Memphis mom says son infected by hookworms while visiting Pompano Beach

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - (WHBQ/CNN) - A Tennessee mom said her son contracted hookworms last month on a trip to South Florida.

Kelli Dumas said her son and eight other boys went on a church trip in June in Pompano Beach.

After the 17-year-old's return to his home in Memphis, his family discovered he'd contracted the parasite.

Since the diagnosis, Dumas has been documenting her son's battle.

"I have an entire album," Dumas said. "At this moment, there are 47 photos."

The teen is currently resting at home with his foot elevated. He's being treated with $1,3000 worth of medications. His lower body is covered in blisters, scabs and rashes.

"They're incredibly horrible and they're so graphic," said his mother. "One of them is three inches by three inches. It's a crater in his foot." 

Her son told her he noticed an itch after a day of relaxation on the beach following volunteer work.

Pictures show Michael playfully being buried in the sand by friends on Pompano Beach where the parasite entered through his foot. 

"Since this all happened, I've been doing a lot of reading and research," said Dumas. "They enter into your bloodstream, they enter into your skin and they replicate at a very rapid pace."

Medical experts say the hookworm parasite breeds in warm climates where sanitation is poor. Risk factors include walking barefoot in areas like beaches where the parasite lives.

As it turns out Michael wasn't the only teen infected, at least five from his group reported similar symptoms.

Dumas has been in touch with the Florida State Health Department and is asking officials to act to avoid further infection. She also wants Pompano Beach officials to place signs warning other beach goers.

Man enters Jacksonville store and chases people with live alligator

A Facebook video shows a man chasing people in a Jacksonville convenience store wielding a live alligator.

The man yells "ya'll aint out of beer are ya? Is he taking the last bit of beer? You aren't taking the last bit of beer are you?"

First Coast News reached out to the man who posted this video, and he stated that it was "all fun and games. I knew everybody in there."

• Haha 2

‘Keyboard gangsters’ argued online. Then one shot the other in real life, police say.

HPKHCHAYXUY27B7XEOUYZ67JLU.jpg

A political debate on social media turned violent in Florida when a Facebook user drove to another’s house and shot him, striking him in the buttocks and thigh, police said.  <more at link...>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/08/10/keyboard-gangsters-argued-online-then-one-shot-the-other-in-real-life-police-say/?utm_term=.2170a930c4d4

I'm not buying his excuse...

Florida doctor has bizarre airport meltdown to 'prove a point' about police use of force: 'If I was a black person, I'd be terrified'

One Florida man recently threw fit at the American Airlines ticket counter at Orlando International Airport after staffers summoned police for his “erratic” behavior ahead of his scheduled flight. 

After police arrived on the scene, the doctor, 59, staged a meltdown that he later claimed was to “prove a point” about police use of force and said that “if I was a black person, I’d be terrified.”

On August 16, Jeffrey Epstein arrived at the ticket counter at 6 a.m. to check in for his 6:24 a.m. flight to Philadelphia, a rep for American Airlines confirmed to Fox News.

Set to be rebooked for the next available flight, Epstein became “irate” at the airline staffers as well as at “other passengers and children in the area,” the spokesperson said, and they summoned law enforcement.

When police arrived on the scene, the Lakeland man began to scream and foam at the mouth, Fox 35 Orlando reports, and went off on the officers in an expletive-laden meltdown.

“This guy’s trying to provoke me. Do you have training, genius?” Epstein taunts an officer in footage captured by a bystander. “There’s no alcohol, you want to test me? Want me to count backwards?” he asks, as he throws up his arms.

“Come arrest me,” he chides, as police move in. “They’re arresting me. They’re arresting me. They’re really de-escalating things,” he yells, as he throws himself onto the ground, brining three law enforcement officials down with him.

“Oh my god I can’t believe they are doing this,” Epstein exclaims as he is handcuffed, as airport travelers watch the scene confusion. He continued shouting that he was “"not resisting, you are treating me like a f---ing black person!”

Click on the link for the full article and video

Florida alpaca dies after motorist feeds it Doritos, Cheese Nips, peanuts

FLEMING ISLAND, Fla. — A Florida animal hospital announced the death of a beloved community alpaca Saturday on Facebook.

Creekside Animal Hospital in Fleming Island wrote: "It is with a heavy heart that we want to inform our clients and friends at [Swimming Pen Creek Elementary] that our youngest alpaca that was born out on the shared field over a year ago has passed away."

According to the post, a man in a blue car is responsible for the death of the alpaca.

The animal hospital said he would dump food onto the field multiple times a week and that they had spoken to him multiple times.

Most recently, he left three boxes of animal crackers, a large bag of Doritos, two boxes of Cheese Nips and two bags of whole peanuts, the animal hospital said.

The post said this was the first time peanuts were dumped, and the youngest alpaca overindulged.

Off The Beat: Man jailed after ‘wet willy’ caper in St. Lucie County

ST. LUCIE COUNTY —  A St. Lucie County sheriff’s deputy went to Sireci’s listed address. His girlfriend said Sireci was drunk on the living room floor when she got home from work.

The girlfriend said Sireci accompanied her and her daughter to another home where Sireci “continued to drink and be belligerent,” an affidavit states.

On the way home, she said, Sireci started grabbing her hand and pulling her arm.

Further, she said Sireci “continued by giving her a ‘wet willy’ sticking his finger in her ear,” an affidavit states.