Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WaPo: Multiple injuries reported in ‘active shooter situation’ near Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs

mistertim

Nor do I meanddwarf.

Now MSNBC is calling it part of the "war on women's rights" instigated by the "deceptively edited" videos. Because that kind of rhetoric helps bring about peace.

And CNN had a guy on to slam Planned Parenthood and trot out the debunked videos while the hostage crisis was ongoing. Our far-right mainstream media bias is driving people to insanity and violence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cnn-adam-kizinger-colorado-shooting_5658f63ee4b079b2818a7327

Unnecessary. But so was posting the deceptively edited videos.

And talking about it over and over and over again for weeks on end when said videos were proven to be deceptive and false. Even doubling down on the claims. 

Not just media, but politicians at the local, state and federal level.

Won't be so easy to wash their hands off of this if it turns out to be a targeted attack on PP.

And CNN had a guy on to slam Planned Parenthood and trot out the debunked videos while the hostage crisis was ongoing. Our far-right mainstream media bias is driving people to insanity and violence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cnn-adam-kizinger-colorado-shooting_5658f63ee4b079b2818a7327

Its like Fox is Trump and the other stations are all the other candidates trying to keep up with his crazy.

And talking about it over and over and over again for weeks on end when said videos were proven to be deceptive and false. Even doubling down on the claims. 

Not just media, but politicians at the local, state and federal level.

Won't be so easy to wash their hands off of this if it turns out to be a targeted attack on PP.

PP should have sued the org that released the videos for defamation the moment the Congress concluded its investigation and found no wrongdoing.

The allegation that they were selling parts was false and there's obvious malice to the manner in which they released and marketed the videos.

Until the org that released the videos is hit financially (and in California where they broke the law, criminally), they're going to keep doing things like with the videos, and riling people up, and causing crazies to do things like this.

Seriously, the sheer level to which people were misinformed about this whole thing is sad.  People all over FB keep parroting that PP was "selling" parts, and that PP was guilty of crimes, and when they're confronted by the fact that PP has been cleared in numerous state and one Congressional investigation, they merely go off on how PP must have hidden the evidence or the investigations were corrupt or something.

Remember that article in the gun thread about mass shootings causing more mass shootings?  Well that's happening with attacks on abortion clinics.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2015/11/violence-abortion-clinics-planned-parenthood-colorado-springs-shooting

This is interesting, though I've only seen it on WaPo.

Source: Colorado shooter politically motivated, said ‘no more baby parts’ after attacking Planned Parenthood

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/11/28/investigators-search-for-motive-in-planned-parenthood-shooting-that-left-three-dead/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_planned-parenthood-315pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The gunman suspected of storming a Planned Parenthood clinic and killing a police officer and two others told the officers who arrested him “no more baby parts,’’ after being taken into custody, according to a law enforcement official.

The attack on the clinic was “definitely politically motivated,’’ the official — who has been briefed on the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity because it is still unfolding — told The Washington Post. NBC News, which first reported the comment attributed to suspect Robert Lewis Dear, said Dear also mentioned President Obama in a range of statements to investigators that left unclear his precise motivation in targeting the clinic.

I thought twice about making my comment about closing all churches, as I do tend to agree with you that it is in poor taste, but on the other hand, I did just have a class where several students thought closing all mosques would be a good idea, and their reasoning was no different than I employed in my comment.

I can generally tell the difference between satire and reality and I wasn't necessarily referring to your comment or any in this thread per se. It's all over social media and in the news though.

It gets tiring when every new tragedy is an opportunity for one side or another to get on their soap box and preach what is generally hateful rhetoric.

Also, it seems like liberals have been becoming as hateful as the other side and making comments that are generally reserved for conservatives as of late.

From what I've read, this guy is a nut job and an obvious crazy religious conservative. He is far from an Islamic terrorist organization though. If you (not specifically you, just general "you") can't tell the difference between a one-off right wing loon and an organization of religious zealots that want nothing more than the destruction of that which doesn't fit their ideology then I have nothing left to say on the subject.

Wish i believed that "this time" things will change. But we've had movie theaters, schools, and churches shot up. There were people online cheering what this guy did in the name of saving babies. We have candidates either silent or blasting anybody suggesting this guy was a protestor gone too far, or that it's unrelated to the whole "baby parts" debunked video.

It'll happen again. And again. And again. 'merica

"Nothing could be less pro-life than violence and the taking of human life. Not only is it wrong and despicable, it destroys everything the pro-life movement is about—valuing the dignity and sanctity of each human life." - Kelly Rosati, VP Focus on the Family

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2015/november/imago-dei-in-colorado-springs-tragedy.html

"Nothing could be less pro-life than violence and the taking of human life. Not only is it wrong and despicable, it destroys everything the pro-life movement is about—valuing the dignity and sanctity of each human life." - Kelly Rosati, VP Focus on the Family

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2015/november/imago-dei-in-colorado-springs-tragedy.html

Bull****. That's a shameful attempt to deflect responsibility for what they have directly contributed to. They created a frenzy and energized their base talking of baby parts. One of their base took that energy and murdered three people.

And they support the death penalty, so human life that can't afford a competent defense lawyer apparently has nether dignity nor sanctity worth preserving

Keep it on the down low or deal with the crazies is your solution?

So you think headlines such as "White cop kills unarmed black teen" are always responsible and a fair way of reporting a story?  :D

I'd try to be a little more nuanced, but I'm not a firestarter.

Bull****. That's a shameful attempt to deflect responsibility for what they have directly contributed to. They created a frenzy and energized their base talking of baby parts. One of their base took that energy and murdered three people.

And they support the death penalty, so human life that can't afford a competent defense lawyer apparently has nether dignity nor sanctity worth preserving

Saw this on FB and it reminded me of this situation:

CVAZJ2BUYAAxCDm.jpg

It's like with the vandalizing of mosques.  Keep yelling about muslims, and what exactly do they expect their less stable members to do?

Of course, some do expect it.

I thought twice about making my comment about closing all churches, as I do tend to agree with you that it is in poor taste, but on the other hand, I did just have a class where several students thought closing all mosques would be a good idea, and their reasoning was no different than I employed in my comment.

How old are your students?

Woah woah woah. You know this isn't true. Focus on the Family is in no way responsible for a nutbag shooting up a Planned Parenthood. I can only imagine your response if somone posted what you posted about BLM. Is the BLM movement responisble fore the cops that are being murdered in their cars or at a restauant? Nope. Just like Focus on the Family isn't responsible for this. You're better than this.

Wish i believed that "this time" things will change. But we've had movie theaters, schools, and churches shot up. There were people online cheering what this guy did in the name of saving babies. We have candidates either silent or blasting anybody suggesting this guy was a protestor gone too far, or that it's unrelated to the whole "baby parts" debunked video.

It'll happen again. And again. And again. 'merica

Funny how Congress was so quick to act because a fake Syrian passport was found in Paris. Let's see how quick they act here...

Archived