Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/26/refugee-resettlement-confusion-executive-orders-217038

The last time Deborah Jane saw her four children was nearly four years ago, after men attacked her with acid in Kampala, Uganda, scorching half her body and nearly killing her, then threatening to come after her again. After fleeing to Nairobi to recover, she applied for and was granted resettlement in Columbus, Ohio. She left as soon as she could.

“I was assured my children could follow me,” said Jane, 42, of her daughters, now 19, 14 and 9, and her son, now 11.

“Otherwise I wouldn’t have come here.”But soon after the children’s application was approved by the Department of Homeland Security, President Donald Trump banned all such family admissions, as part of his October 2017 executive order that resumed overall refugee admissions but ordered another 90-day halt on refugees from 11 mainly Muslim countries. In late December, a federal judge ordered that the family arrivals resume—but, almost three months later, Jane has received no updates about her case.

Edited by visionary

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/28/california-trump-border-wall-430742

California braces for Trump’s ‘border wall hallucination tour’

Donald Trump’s California supporters are “ecstatic” that the president will be making his first official visit to the state next month. But his March trip to San Diego to advance construction of a border wall is also firing up progressive activists who are determined to make him feel unwelcome.

The White House confirmation of Trump’s planned visit to view border wall prototypes — the preeminent symbol of his immigration policy — comes amid widespread anger on the left related to a series of immigration raids and arrests launched this week throughout California, home to an estimated 2.2 million undocumented immigrants.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids, which spanned from the Central Valley throughout Northern California and resulted in more than 150 arrests on Tuesday, intensified anger and political resistance to the administration in a solidly-blue state where the president is already deeply unpopular.

A Virginia immigration court on Monday could decide to deport the wife of an Army 7th Special Forces Group veteran, despite provisions in the law that allow her to remain in the United States.

Edit:

Update

Edited by Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

It's really getting hard to decide which of Trump's actions are the most destructive to America.

Hey, he's a radical extremist Keynsian. 

He tripled the deficit before intentionally triggering an international recession. 

8 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

That being said, Stephen Miller will think up of something to make it worse.

Without going point by point, much of this is false or at least a obfuscation of the truth.  Biggest point is use of the word "deployed".  That means 95% of military fall under a different rule.  The system is totally ****ed.  You won't get an argument from me there.  But at least just lay out the truth and let others decide on their own.  

• Like 2