Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Why do I feel like funding the wall was the only part of the budget that Trump actually wanted to pass.

The wall is a symbol of his manhood. That is all he cares about.

I just love that people allowed it to move from Mexico will pay for the wall to the department of defense should pay for the wall, with zero push back.

Some Liberians have been eligible for either Temporary Protected Status or Deferred Enforced Departure since March 1991 due to civil war, fragile political and economic conditions and an Ebola virus outbreak in 2014 in Liberia, the memorandum said.

“Liberia has also concluded reconstruction from prior conflicts, which has contributed significantly to an environment that is able to handle adequately the return of its nationals,” Trump said.

A 12-month “wind-down” period starting 31 March 2018, will allow the Liberian government to prepare to reintegrate returning citizens and give time for affected Liberians to “make necessary arrangements”, said the memorandum, which was addressed to the US Department of Homeland Security.

The Liberian embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Homeland security did not immediately respond to a request for the number of immigrants who will be affected.

Trump previously included three other African countries – Chad, Somalia and Libya – among several nations whose citizens were blocked from entering the United States.

African politicians and diplomats blasted Trump in January after he described African countries, Haiti and El Salvador as “****holes” during an Oval Office meeting.

Edited by visionary