Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

11 minutes ago, mike42 said:

Talk about playing for teams. Wow. It's always the other parties fault with you, isn't it?

What the **** is this?

You've got a guy posting about real life tragedy, with people's clothes being melted onto their skin and you come at him with this ****?

One trash person laughs at his posts, another complains about memes when it's not memes, but what seems to be actual photos of his neighbors devastation, and then you top it off with some dense ass attempt at victim blaming?

Some of the people posting on this site disgust me.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

What the **** is this?

You've got a guy posting about real life tragedy, with people's clothes being melted onto their skin and you come at him with this ****?

One trash person laughs at his posts, another complains about memes when it's not memes, but what seems to be actual photos of his neighbors devastation, and then you top it off with some dense ass attempt at victim blaming?

And what this has to do with immigration is . . . . ?

So the idiot who said the poem on the statue of liberty referred to "European immigrants who came from societies with class systems"  What society doesn't have that?  What society celebrates or encourages people to be poor?  What on earth is he talking about?  Also, isn't it a very common story from European immigrants that at the turn of the century they arrived in America with "Less than a dollar in my pocket"   Thus far all I have heard from this fool is a round about way of saying "the brown ones are different"

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mike42 said:

Talk about playing for teams. Wow. It's always the other parties fault with you, isn't it?

I'm a registered Independent. I'm open for a critical look at the Democratic party too. Currently only one party has made it's focus on claiming Christianity while rejecting its principles.

6 hours ago, Larry said:

And what this has to do with immigration is . . . . ?

It began with a discussion about taking land and how the rich whites have a long history of weaponizing the government to take what they want from those too poor and weak to hold onto it.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

"must provide hygiene products to children in migrant facilities"  <----- how sad is it that a headline like that in 2019 exists.  Seriously, wtf. 

its worse that it came from an appeals court.

a court told him he had to show the bare minimum of humanity to children, and he appealed the decision before losing again

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

"must provide hygiene products to children in migrant facilities"  <----- how sad is it that a headline like that in 2019 exists.  Seriously, wtf. 

They also affirmed minors must have adequate food, water, and bedding. Truly nuts that we needed to litigate this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

They and their supporters don't give two ****s about the "right way", for them it's poor brown people trying to get into their country that their ancestors took by force and deception. Meanwhile they'll sit in their pews tomorrow and sing "They will know we are Christians by our love", and be completely confused by passages like....

Luke 16:19-31

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, Fresh8686 said:

What the **** is this?

RELAX. If you're going to quote me, please talk to me directly, not to an audience. :)

Not speaking for user twa, but where does twa think the tragedy is funny? He laughed at a Asbury post, but it wasn't at the victims. I stand correct on my response to AsburySkinFan.  Look at his recent posts, I think it's fair amount of evidence to make the claim of playing for teams.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:08 PM, NoCalMike said:

Well, they didn’t have any before they illegally crossed the border.... so it’s not really a tragedy that they didn’t have it after they crossed the border illegally...

On 8/17/2019 at 9:40 AM, Cooked Crack said:

Again, cruelty is the policy.

They weren’t going to school before they crossed the border illegally, so it’s not cruel that they don’t go to school after they crossed the border illegally.

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

children didnt have the bare basics before, so they shouldnt have them now is one hell of hill to stand on. again, these are children

that lack of humanity is psychotic 

Hygene products are not “bare basics”... in fact, there is a whole movement around not using any hygene products as an alternative.   Education is not a “bare basic” either.

Google: Hygene Hypothesis.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Oregon pastor and stripper team up to raise money for migrant kids after sweeping ICE raid

A pastor and stripper from Oregon are teaming up in local efforts to raise money for immigrant children who were affected by recent federal immigration raids targeting Mississippi poultry processing facilities that saw several hundred undocumented immigrants arrested.

Rev. Adam Ericksen of Milwaukie's Clackamas United Church of Christ and Dawn McCall, a stripper who works at a vegan strip club in Portland and who has organized fundraisers for social causes in the past, discussed the initiative in a Facebook video on Friday.

In the short clip, Ericksen said he and McCall were working together to "raise awareness and support for the children in Mississippi who were torn apart by the ICE raids from their families."

oregon_pastor_stripper_fb.png?itok=WvgZ3

"As an atheist, I know it seems super weird that strippers would do anything with the church for any reason," McCall, also known as Blu Dawn, said in the video. "However, this is Portland and we keep it weird."

Dawn went on to say that after she and Ericksen learned of the recent U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids in Mississippi they felt "pretty devastated over what was happening."

They said they decided to link up and start an initiative called the "Our Kids Charity Campaign."

"Because at the end of the day, we are all saints and we are all sinners, and the children of Mississippi are our children too," Ericksen added.

Click on the link for the full article and video

Ah, I see we've already moved the trollposts (I'm copyrighting that word) from "once one is south of the US border, schools, toothbrushes, and soap completely cease to exist. Therefore, all one needs to know about a child is that he's from south of said line, to announce that he has never seen any of them", to "but look, I found a writeup about some whackjob cult that opposes bathing. Obviously the US is testing the validity of this theory (on test subjects who did not volunteer to be test subjects)."

1fbjkk.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hygene products are not “bare basics”... in fact, there is a whole movement around not using any hygene products as an alternative.   Education is not a “bare basic” either.

Google: Hygene Hypothesis.

No, you Google it.  Cleanliness and exposure are not the same thing, and CDC and UN agree on that.  You really want to with a straight face say girls having their first period shouldn't expect to be given pads or tampons?  And US decided nearly 100 years ago that everyone should at least go to Elementary school, many Latin American countries do as well.

The difference between you an @twa is that he admits to loving messing with our heads while you are dead ass serious.  I've heard people say they need to pick themselves up from their bootstraps when they don't have any boots before, you rephrasing it doesn't make it make anymore sense. 

Edited by Renegade7

The difference between you an @twa is that he admits to loving messing with our heads while you are dead ass serious. 

I was unaware that @twa felt America has a responsibility make sure all illegal immigrants have all the first world “bare basics” that Americans enjoy.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84