Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pointing out, I believe Texas was settled by white folks because Mexico offered to give them free land.  

And much of America.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ya'll ever stop at bombs?

It seems to me Dems love bombs and such.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Actually, I'm not sure that the people who were here actually offered free land, so much as they didn't fight hard enough to keep the while folks off of it.  

Well the Mexicans weren't really in Texas when they were giving it away either.

The Comanches and such kept them thinned out. :kickcan:

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Actually, I'm not sure that the people who were here actually offered free land, so much as they didn't fight hard enough to keep the while folks off of it.  

Yeah, it's a lot like copyright law, you need to defend your own copyrights.

But that hasn't stopped since then either, now they just sue you and force you to allow them to bury 30" pipelines across your farms.

That go for years without inspections and then explode in the middle of the night killing people and destroying homes as the residents run for their lives with their clothes melting to their skin.

• Haha 1

I've actually had this idea in my head for a while, maybe a time travel story.  

In my story, the Indians who (supposedly) sold Manhatten island to the white folks for $18 worth of beads?  

He didn't own it.  He sold them the Brooklyn Bridge, 300 years before it was even built.  Wend home to the wife and spent the rest of his life laughing about what he got those suckers to pay him.  

29 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Yeah, it's a lot like copyright law, you need to defend your own copyrights.

But that hasn't stopped since then either, now they just sue you and force you to allow them to bury 30" pipelines across your farms.

That go for years without inspections and then explode in the middle of the night killing people and destroying homes as the residents run for their lives with their clothes melting to their skin.

Funny how @twalaughs at this and yet it actually happened 10 miles from my house...literally this exact scene...to the letter.

This is your GOP, they don't give a **** about people, it's profits and military they care about. If the rich are hurting then the government opens her legs wide, if it's the average person then the whore house is closed for business. Oh, you have some land that a wealthy developer can make money from? Well, now the government is against you taking away your right to your own land, making you a serf to the corporate greed.

Nothing has changed.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Just checking in to see how many residents in Mississippi (Do I have the correct state?) have sent their teenagers or young adult children to the poultry processing plant for work.  Now that the undocumented folks have been cleared out, plenty of opportunity, yeah?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, twa said:

You are 10 miles away and it distresses you? :ols:

You ain't very bright are ya?

I know the people who watched their house melting as they tried to escape, and who had their clothes melted to their skin. There are THREE of these 30" lines that run through my county and they are all shut down because of the lack of inspections.

So yeah...it distresses me.

Jackass.

Nothing like walking outside in the middle of the night and seeing a column of flame several hundred feet in the air and knowing you know people who live in that area. Nothing like seeing a 15' deep crater from the massive explosion.

crater 2.jpg

crater.jpg

17 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Just checking in to see how many residents in Mississippi (Do I have the correct state?) have sent their teenagers or young adult children to the poultry processing plant for work.  Now that the undocumented folks have been cleared out, plenty of opportunity, yeah?

Bet that number is very small.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Sad 2

there were 150 or so showed up at the job fairs for the chicken places.

ASF, as long as the gas is needed there will be pipelines (three in a county is not many) and the pro solar/wind and anti-nuclear/coal plants folk make it needed more than ever.

if you are looking for sympathy you might try posting in a better thread and manner.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

ASF, as long as the gas is needed there will be pipelines (three in a county is not many) and the pro solar/wind and anti-nuclear/coal plants folk make it needed more than ever.

if you are looking for sympathy you might try posting in a better thread and manner.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I say three, what I meant was that there are three in the county where the line exploded.

Here's a look at my county.

But typical GOPer response, **** the dead, **** the wounded, just as long as the spice flows, you'll steal and pollute the land until there's nothing left but your profit.

Nothing has changed except the names of the parties, you're still the same apologists who revoked the 40 acres and a mule, the same ones who shrunk the reservations, the same ones who want to strip our national parks and preserves. All for money.

You're also the party that hired those 680 undocumented workers and offered them ZERO protections for the job you needed done.

The GOP's hands are dripping with injustice.

boyle gas lines.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live in a pipeline and petrochemical processing hub ,enough **** in 10 miles of me to wipe out everything.....yet you still want to drive and heat/cool your homes and buy your toys.

Outrage boy is outraged....must be day ending in Y

This is the same face the GOP makes while eating the chicken processed by undocumented workers in their factories as they get ready to hire a new round of undocumented workers to fill the void.

At first the laughing face asked why I was concerned about a pipeline explosion that happened 10 miles away, then I told the laughing face and then he didn't want to talk about it any more. The same is true for nearly every discussion with laughing face, when it gets real he gets fake.

the face.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Funny how @twalaughs at this and yet it actually happened 10 miles from my house...literally this exact scene...to the letter.

This is your GOP, they don't give a **** about people, it's profits and military they care about. If the rich are hurting then the government opens her legs wide, if it's the average person then the whore house is closed for business. Oh, you have some land that a wealthy developer can make money from? Well, now the government is against you taking away your right to your own land, making you a serf to the corporate greed.

Nothing has changed.

Talk about playing for teams. Wow. It's always the other parties fault with you, isn't it?