Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, visionary said:

 

 

This is a real shame, I've met him professionally a few times and he's a really good, down to earth guy.  He ran CBP very well as a #2 during the Obama administration.  He deserved better than this and I'm still not sure why he took the Acting DHS job.  I guess he's doing his best to head off some of Trumps worst impulses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But the guy above did not show up for his hearing(despite being notified in person per the article) and a final deportation order was issued by the court.....AND DID NOT enter legally

 

Should we just ignore final deportation orders?

 

Despite his marriage being deemed valid he would need to leave ,then apply, to gain lawful status even w/o being picked up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, twa said:

But the guy above did not show up for his hearing(despite being notified in person per the article) and a final deportation order was issued by the court.....AND DID NOT enter legally

 

Should we just ignore final deportation orders?

 

Despite his marriage being deemed valid he would need to leave ,then apply, to gain lawful status even w/o being picked up.

 

"family values"  I don't know, perhaps treat these situations case by case.  Married, kids, leading productive life.....? Is there any good reason to put the guys in shackles, deport him and make him go through the long process of re-entry?  You think that is a satisfactory result for this specific situation?

Edited by NoCalMike
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

 

"family values"  I don't know, perhaps treat these situations on a case by case situation.  Married, kids, leading productive life.....? Is there any good reason to put the guys in shackles, deport him and make him go through the long process of re-entry?  You think that is a satisfactory result for this specific situation?

 

we throw mothers and fathers in jail all the time....why should illegal immigrants be given a pass?

He is being treated individually,or case by case if you prefer.

 

If you want the laws changed then do so, till then I'm not inclined to give people a pass that have had their day in court and attempt to avoid rulings..

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twa said:

we throw mothers and fathers in jail all the time....

 

We do not task government staff to come up with a reason to do so, so that we can use child snatching as a tool for discouraging their behavior.  

 

1 hour ago, twa said:

If you want the laws changed then do so

 

He said, trying to defend the law being changed without congress actually changing the law.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

We do not task government staff to come up with a reason to do so, so that we can use child snatching as a tool for discouraging their behavior.  

 

 

He said, trying to defend the law being changed without congress actually changing the law.  

 

 

You must be talking about something else than the married couple's hearing.

 

Care to point out the law changed?....a rule or policy is very different than a law,and subject to change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...