Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

14 hours ago, visionary said:

This is a real shame, I've met him professionally a few times and he's a really good, down to earth guy.  He ran CBP very well as a #2 during the Obama administration.  He deserved better than this and I'm still not sure why he took the Acting DHS job.  I guess he's doing his best to head off some of Trumps worst impulses.

But the guy above did not show up for his hearing(despite being notified in person per the article) and a final deportation order was issued by the court.....AND DID NOT enter legally

Should we just ignore final deportation orders?

Despite his marriage being deemed valid he would need to leave ,then apply, to gain lawful status even w/o being picked up.

28 minutes ago, twa said:

But the guy above did not show up for his hearing(despite being notified in person per the article) and a final deportation order was issued by the court.....AND DID NOT enter legally

Should we just ignore final deportation orders?

Despite his marriage being deemed valid he would need to leave ,then apply, to gain lawful status even w/o being picked up.

"family values"  I don't know, perhaps treat these situations case by case.  Married, kids, leading productive life.....? Is there any good reason to put the guys in shackles, deport him and make him go through the long process of re-entry?  You think that is a satisfactory result for this specific situation?

Edited by NoCalMike

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

"family values"  I don't know, perhaps treat these situations on a case by case situation.  Married, kids, leading productive life.....? Is there any good reason to put the guys in shackles, deport him and make him go through the long process of re-entry?  You think that is a satisfactory result for this specific situation?

we throw mothers and fathers in jail all the time....why should illegal immigrants be given a pass?

He is being treated individually,or case by case if you prefer.

If you want the laws changed then do so, till then I'm not inclined to give people a pass that have had their day in court and attempt to avoid rulings..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

we throw mothers and fathers in jail all the time....

We do not task government staff to come up with a reason to do so, so that we can use child snatching as a tool for discouraging their behavior.  

1 hour ago, twa said:

If you want the laws changed then do so

He said, trying to defend the law being changed without congress actually changing the law.  

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

We do not task government staff to come up with a reason to do so, so that we can use child snatching as a tool for discouraging their behavior.  

He said, trying to defend the law being changed without congress actually changing the law.  

You must be talking about something else than the married couple's hearing.

Care to point out the law changed?....a rule or policy is very different than a law,and subject to change.