Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saying Goodbye to a Life-long Redskins Fan

Taylor 36

My entire family are Redskins fans due to one person: my father, Jerry.  This morning, at 2:46 AM, my father succumbed to his battle with early onset Alzheimer's at only 63 years old.  He was born in DC and grew up in Silver Springs, and outside of his family, loved the Washington Redskins more than anything in this world.  I am so happy that the team was able to send him off with a victory! The Redskins lost a hell of a fan today! 

22493874075_12cce626c0_z.jpg

gosh man.  hard to find good words.  sounds like he had a supporting family and in the end, who could ask for anything more when you are dealt those cards.  

i bet you got so many great Skins memories with your dad to go through ... don't forget those! 

Was he born in Columbia Hospital??  A lot of us DC natives were ... 

My entire family are Redskins fans due to one person: my father, Jerry.  This morning, at 2:46 AM, my father succumbed to his battle with early onset Alzheimer's at only 63 years old.  He was born in DC and grew up in Silver Springs, and outside of his family, loved the Washington Redskins more than anything in this world.  I am so happy that the team was able to send him off with a victory! The Redskins lost a hell of a fan today! 

I'm sorry for your loss brother. 

Archived