Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints sign Kai Forbath... Cycle is officially complete!

thehbrwhammer

Forbath beat out Hocker with the Redskins.

Hocker beat out Hopkins with the Saints.

Hopkins beat out Forbath with the Redskins.

Forbath beat out Hocker with the Saints.

Actually, wasn't Hopkins signed after forbarh was cut? So Hopkins didn't beat out forbarh for the job

Still, happy for forbarh. Just hope he doesn't have success against us in week 10 :P

Mind blown.  I'm surprised he didn't wind up with the Steelers.

the Steelers looked at him and signed someone else. At this point Forbath was just about literally the only choice left if you want to make a change.

I wish him well (except week 10). I just don't think he is a long term solution for them unless they have a punter who can KO and take long FGs. Kai's furthest FG was 50 yds. Hopkins has already hit 2 from beyond 50. Nice kid, I hope I am wrong and he has long career with NO.

You will travel far, my little Kai-Ef. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our losses. You will make his leg strength your own. See my kicks through your own eyes, as your kicks will be seen through mine. The cut becomes the kicker, and the kicker...the cut.

I'm glad he landed somewhere, and wish him all the best, except when we play him of course.

Kicking a football is not as easy as it looks; when I was a kid i could boot the ball pretty good, but tried it a few years ago and I looked like a fool. Also cost me a 6-pk because of a dumb bet I made with a friend, who said i couldn't hit a 30 yd FG.

I did, or would have, if the goal posts were at ground level and ball hopping counted.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

It was an ugly kick but I'm happy for him.  It's funny that Hocker is the one who loses out after some weeks and both of the people he competed with are on rosters and he isn't.

Redskins are a placekicker factory, man.  Look at the game winning kicks Suisham, Novak, Gano, and others (let alone Akers!) have made in the last several years.  

Archived