Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Color vs. Color Jerseys on Thursday Night Football

Dan T.

Call me old fashioned, I like the one team in white as well.  Trying to change this up for only Thursday Night Football is the NFL's way of admitting the every Thursday game plan is probably suffering in the ratings war and they will throw anything up against the wall to make it stick.

white is so dull, I like color as much as possible

I'm not sure how accurate this decisive WaPo article is, but it appears the last time the Redskins wore Burgundy pants was October 2, 2011 against St. Louis: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/10/15/do-the-redskins-have-a-pants-problem-a-washington-post-special-investigation/

And as someone else already pointed out, the last time they did white pants was September 30, 2012 against TB.

Ever since the NFL became a television-centric sport in the football-crazed America of the late 1950s, the league has mandated that one team must wear a white uniform while the other wears a color uniform in NFL games.  This was needed so that viewers watching on their 20 inch black and white television could easily tell the teams apart. 

Ooh... that is why one team wears the home colors and the visiting team white. Hmm makes perfect sense. Thanks.

In rugby both can wear their color unis as long as they are different colors, If both teams wear same colors (blue for e.g.) then the visiting team wears alternate (white unis).

Awwww man, c'mon Qdeathstar and Endroundtosanders, edit your posts!

11_zpsxjzc6hqc.jpg

I'm not trying act like I'm a mod I just want all of us around for the long haul here 'cause our team is getting good!

That and there's a number of posts that belong in the fashion police thread and have little to do with the Thursday night dealio. 

Be cool!

As far as the rule it could be interesting if some teams use some kind of alternate color combo like the Broncos who could go blue jerseys or orange.  It might be alright, I dunno.

velocet

Put me in the camp of I really don't care which jersey who wears...I have a preference for myself but as far as the team I don't really think what color jersey has anything to do w/the caliber of play for a team..but that's just my opinion...I guess I'm not football fashion conscious as far as the team goes..only for me..LOL ..I like burgundy and I love my shadow jersey..

The main reason I like the white jerseys and burgundy pants is because that combination is representative of our glory years. That said, I do like the classic look of the burgundy jersey and gold pants. The white jersey and gold pants is a sharp look as well, especially when it's combined with the throwback helmet...like we wore at home against the Giants in 2007.  

Thursday night football sucks to watch.

Maybe we go Burgundy tops and bottoms!!

Two things:

1)  Nike only makes a gold and a white pant for our uniform.  So there is no burgundy.

2)  You really want to go there?  Against this team?

swinging-gate-gate.jpg

Archived