Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Color vs. Color Jerseys on Thursday Night Football

Dan T.

White over burgundy will always be my choice. That look just oozes winner. Naturally I'm biased to the 80's look.

Now, the white/white look isn't bad either, or burgundy/white, but any shade of whatever baby vomit yellow or gold or whatever they call it is yuck.

For at least 1 home game I'd love to see the 80's look, and I bet the fans wouldn't mind either.

****ing Allen and his LSD-tripping ideas.

I'm all for it for every team except Washington. I hope we never play on Thursday night again. 

you realize that the rule in the nfl is that each team gets 1 Thursday Night game per season, right? been the rule since i believe 2013 (When we played the vikings). doubt that changes anytime soon, so expect to get used to watching 1 redskins thursday night game each season. you can hope all you want.

Sooooo tired of the gold pants at this point :/

is that cause we lose? i feel like some people just dont like the uniform choice cause we lose consistently. thats just a guess though. if you dont like the gold pants cause you think it just looks horrible, ah well, to each their own. i kinda like it.

I may be incorrect but if a team plays on thanksgiving day does that not exempt them from the Thursday night game during the rest of the season?

Nope i think you're correct, it doesnt exempt a team from playing a thursday night game the rest of the season, since the lions host the eagles at 12:30 on thanksgiving, and then they have a thursday night game on december 3rd against the packers (and the packers host the bears on thursday night football on thanksgiving and then they travel to detroit the following week on thursday night football, december 3rd)

I want a yellow jersey to match our yellow pants.  Then we can throw on the yellow throwback helmet with the R.

I always thought the "R" helmet would perfectly match these uniforms because the stripes are so consistent.. I also always felt the spear helmet from Lombardi's season, with the lighter colors would go well with the Gibbs era uniforms because the spear handle was the same as the stripes on the pants.

you realize that the rule in the nfl is that each team gets 1 Thursday Night game per season, right? been the rule since i believe 2013 (When we played the vikings). doubt that changes anytime soon, so expect to get used to watching 1 redskins thursday night game each season. you can hope all you want.

Jeez. Lighten up, Francis.

Home Burgundy and golds look sweet.

road white on gold, i never did like that,, especially in the short time we had the "R" helmets.. just looks washed out and weak.

On the road i'd go to burgundy pants ala the home 80s uniform.

~Bang

Home Burgundy and golds look sweet.

road white on gold, i never did like that,, especially in the short time we had the "R" helmets.. just looks washed out and weak.

On the road i'd go to burgundy pants ala the home 80s uniform.

~Bang

Yes! If we don't completely change it up, I would tweak it to go: 

Burgundy over gold 

White over burgundy

I would also get creative with when we wear which combos...I wouldn't mind home September and/or Cowboy games with white jerseys (many teams do this due to heat). Also, there's usually 1-2 road games where we where burgundy so it would even it out a bit. 

Archived