Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Color vs. Color Jerseys on Thursday Night Football

Dan T.

Seemingly every other team in the world of sports is able to wear their white aways without anybody raising much of a stink. Yet for certain Skins fans it's a mental breakdown. 

I don't cruise every team's fan website looking for comments on what they think of all white jerseys, so I wouldn't know about that. But white on white is bland, especially when we have rich histories of burgundy, gold, and half-white. 'twould be a shame to waste those histories for the sake of appearing as similar to other teams as we can.

If you actually read the statement, they said it is up to the team to decide if they want to follow this rule

Optional this year, mandatory next year.

I'll never understand how anyone could support our current 'gold' pants.  When we roll with those and the white jerseys, we look like a bunch of McDonald's employees.  Hideous.

I don't mind throwbacks every one in a while.  I still want one of the throwback hoodies, they were sweet.

We should throw those 'gold' pants back in the puddle of piss where we found them.

The gold pants are great. I'd be fine with seeing the burgundy pants on the road a couple of times a year, and as far as I know, there's nothing keeping us from doing that ( from a rules standpoint ) but I like the white with gold uniforms.

Got one of the throwback hoodies before they stopped making them, and you're right they are sweet.

If the supposed rule about not being able to use different helmets for throwbacks is true, which it appears to be, then any idea of using the spear and feather helmet should be put to rest until that rule changes. Also, as another member pointed out, I don't think the Redskins will be moving away from their current logo, anytime soon.

This was on the Redskins vs Giants preview last night on the NFL network, maybe they know something...

*white on white vs blue on white*

Okay, I'll give the white-on-white a pass for this game only. I want to interpret it as a "**** you" to the league by taking all of the color out of their jerseys just to be opposite of what the NFL wants.

A guy can dream, right?

Not sure why the team dropped the burgundy pants.  They need to be brought back.

Having said that, I love the team brought back the gold pants.  My favorite combo is the burgundy on gold look.

If it were up to me, I'd drop the 80th, and then issue the team burgundy, gold, and white pants, and burgundy and white jerseys.

I'd then fix the stripes to give the uniforms a cleaner / more consistent look.

I don't understand how some people are pro throwback gold but criticize the current gold pants. I much prefer the current gold which people say is yellow over the throwback or 80th gold which is really just brown or tan. Ugly

I hate the "brown" gold, and the gold the Rams / 49ers use.  I'd much rather the Redskins lean towards yellow than khaki tannish / brownish / goldish. 

The worst look is the white jersey paired with the "gold" pants that look yellow. Please stay away from that combo.

Disagree. Its the best combo. Maybe its because my earliest football memories involve seeing that on TV in the 70's. But I like the burgundy pants too, since I also grew up in the 80's.

Here's a cool history of the uniform and team.

http://blog.heritagesportsart.com/2010/08/washington-redskins-uniform-and-team.html

Disagree. Its the best combo. Maybe its because my earliest football memories involve seeing that on TV in the 70's. But I like the burgundy pants too, since I also grew up in the 80's.

Here's a cool history of the uniform and team.

http://blog.heritagesportsart.com/2010/08/washington-redskins-uniform-and-team.html

very cool. Thanks.

I like the 69&70 s the best.

I like the gold pants.

If no one mentioned the uniform colors I wouldn't notice, except to quote someone I forget who, about the Ravens wearing all black, "they look like they're wearing pajamas".

Rooney said it, that's right.

Archived