Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Gameday Thread - Super Bowl 50: Carolina vs. Denver

ExoDus84

That looked like a redskins loss. Alex Smith is booty as a QB, takes no chances ever. People used to say all he does is win, yeah when SURROUNDED by talent like in San Fran, but now he's not winning anymore.

Alex smith has done pretty good in Kansas City actually. 11-5 his first season with them. 9-7 last year. 1-1 so far this year. I wouldn't say that qualifies as "not winning anymore".

How long have you been a fan? Cause I have seen plenty of losses that rival that kind of gut punch since 1999.

Longer than you , I imagine. The Redskins probably lead the league in gut wrenching losses since 93. But I've never seen then blow a 7 pt lead with 2 minutes and lose in regulation. Remind me when that happened, because I don't think it ever has. That Cowboys OT loss when we blew a 21 pt lead was pretty disturbing with Ismail toasting us in OT to open the 99 season.

But to reiterate, even the Skins haven't fumbled a game away like that.

Longer than you , I imagine. The Redskins probably lead the league in gut wrenching losses since 93. But I've never seen then blow a 7 pt lead with 2 minutes and lose in regulation. Remind me when that happened, because I don't think it ever has. That Cowboys OT loss when we blew a 21 pt lead was pretty disturbing with Ismail toasting us in OT to open the 99 season.

But to reiterate, even the Skins haven't fumbled a game away like that.

I remember watching the Rocket Ismail game at my grandparents. I was only 14 and even then it was so incredibly deflating. It ruined my whole week. I'm still not over that game.

The Alstott two-point conversion that he didn't get but they gave to him is the most heartbreaking for me.

Archived