Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

Is it at all conceivable that teams are trying to find out why he was benched? Because of the.... dumbassity?

Oh sure, but can't automatically assume that. It's no more higher on the list than any of the other 100 reasons somebody might not get picked up the first day. Hr could be weighing offers from multiple teams for all we know. We have no idea.

His talent might be a little overrated too, BTW. All he's done is have a freakish year where he was a TD machine and not much else. He was an undrafted free agent, after all. Could be he's just a limited player.

I think the problem with Fauria is that he's not a blocking TE. If the team signed a guy now at TE, it would likely be a blocking TE, as the other two guys are better pass catchers (although Carrier is an okay blocker). They essentially want someone to replace Paulsen as Carrier is the replacement for Paul. Fauria isn't that guy.

A couple names that have jumped out to me. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518343/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker

cardinals_logo.jpg
Arizona Cardinals

Cuts to 53: RB Kerwynn Williams

Cuts to 75: CB Shaq Richardson

falcons_logo.jpg
Atlanta Falcons

Cuts to 53:  QB T.J. Yates

Cuts to 75: 

ravens_logo.jpg
Baltimore Ravens

Cuts to 53:  CB Asa Jackson (claimed), QB Bryn Renner

Cuts to 75: 

bills_logo.jpg

Buffalo Bills

Cuts to 53: CB Merrill Noel, WR Tobais Palmer, DT Red Bryant

Cuts to 75: CB Ross Cocckrell, S Kenny Ladler

panthers_logo.jpg

Carolina Panthers

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75:

bears_logo.jpg

Chicago Bears

Cuts to 53: QB Zac Dysert

Cuts to 75:  G Lucas Nix, WR Levi Norwood

bengals_logo.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75: 

browns_logo.jpg

Cleveland Browns

Cuts to 53: WR Vince Mayle

Cuts to 75:

Dallas Cowboys

Cuts to 53: CB Rod Sweeting

Cuts to 75:  WR Antwan Goodley

broncos_logo.jpg

Denver Broncos

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75:  QB Zac Dysert

lions_logo.jpg

Detroit Lions

Cuts to 53: TE Joseph Fauria, OL Braxston Cave

Cuts to 75: WR Ryan Broyles

packers_logo.jpg

Green Bay Packers

Cuts to 53: LB Carl Bradford

Cuts to 75: LB Adrian Hubbard

texans_logo.jpg

Houston Texans

Cuts to 53: S Kurtis Drummond

Cuts to 75: 

colts_logo.jpg

Indianapolis Colts

Cuts to 53: DT Kelcy Quarles

Cuts to 75:

0ap1000000164805.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars

Cuts to 53: RB Storm Johnson, WR Erik Lora

Cuts to 75:

chiefs_logo.jpg

Kansas City Chiefs

Cuts to 53: DE Mike Catapano, LB James-Michael Johnson (claimed)

Cuts to 75:  

0ap1000000164806.jpg

Miami Dolphins

Cuts to 53: DT Anthony Johnson

Cuts to 75:

0ap3000000381539.jpg

Minnesota Vikings

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75: 

patriots_logo.jpg

New England Patriots

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75: DL Joe Vellano

saints_logo.jpg

New Orleans Saints

Cuts to 53: 

Cuts to 75:

giants_logo.jpg

New York Giants

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75: OL Brandon Mosley

jets_logo.jpg

New York Jets

Cuts to 53: TE Wes Saxton, LB Taiwan Jones

Cuts to 75: WR T.J. Graham

raiders_logo.jpg

Oakland Raiders

Cuts to 53: DE Max Valles

Cuts to 75:

eagles_logo.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75:

steelers_logo.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cuts to 53: RB 

Cuts to 75: DE Joe Kruger

rams_logo.jpg

St. Louis Rams

Cuts to 53:

Cuts to 75:

chargers_logo.jpg

San Diego Chargers

Cuts to 53: CB Richard Crawford

Cuts to 75: 

49ers_logo.jpg

San Francisco 49ers

Cuts to 53: G Joe Looney

Cuts to 75:

seahawks_logo.jpg

Seattle Seahawks

Cuts to 53: RB Robert Turbin (IR)

Cuts to 75: 

0ap3000000381540.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cuts to 53: CB Isaiah Frey, OL Garrett Gilkey

Cuts to 75: DE George Uko

titans_logo.jpg

Tennessee Titans

Cuts to 53: DB Khalid Wooten, QB Alex Tanney

Cuts to 75:

James Michael-Johnson, I think, was already claimed off waivers. He was one of the more recognizable guys floated out there.

Isaiah Frey, last time I checked, was on pace to replace Peanut Tillman. I's be interested in Frey. 

Wes Saxon getting cut from the Jets, I'd want to look into that because of our TE situation. 

Taiwan Jones was someone I wanted straight-up in the draft. I'd bring him in. He could at least make our special teams, I know that. Maybe be a goalline LB, rotational LB.

Kelcy Quarles was too good to go undrafted when he came out, my opinion at the time. He or Joe Vellano would be interesting to me as rotational bodies. 3 tech guys. 

I wondered about Red Bryant, if he's fallen off a cliff or whatever? But his name sort-of jumped out. 

Guys like Kruger and Uko are in the same bin, but they're more like 5 tech guys or strongside OLBs.

Alex Tanney was that trick shot QB from division III. What the hell?

I like the idea of adding another passrusher after Galette has gone down. Hence the Carl Bradford and Adrian Hubbard look. Bradford could get after it at Arizona State, even though I thought he would need to transition to ILB in the Pros. But he could be a speed OLB.

A little humble pie for Hubbard is what scouts recommended, murmured, when he came out. Might get a bounce back rebound from him. 

Mike Catapano in that same bin of passrushers. He was 7 tech DE in college, OLB for us.

I like the idea of adding another DB from somewhere. I don't know exactly why Drummond was waived, I think he's on Houston's practice squad right now. That was the most prominent safety I saw.

Shaq Richardson was that really athletic CB from Arizona who has bounced around. He along with some others like Frey and Richard Crawford interest me. 

Oh sure, but can't automatically assume that. It's no more higher on the list than any of the other 100 reasons somebody might not get picked up the first day. Hr could be weighing offers from multiple teams for all we know. We have no idea.

His talent might be a little overrated too, BTW. All he's done is have a freakish year where he was a TD machine and not much else. He was an undrafted free agent, after all. Could be he's just a limited player.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you.

And I also normally agree with Rufus.

But this team has two TEs. 

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you.

And I also normally agree with Rufus.

But this team has two TEs. 

Contradiction in terms being as one can't be relied on to stay healthy, and the other is, well, ......

We aren't in a good spot at all at the position IMHO. Either in the interim or down the line. 

Hail. 

I think Compton is our blocking TE so we ostensibly have 3 TEs. That is why we are not taking Fauria, perhaps. We will pick him up if Reed gets injured. 

Reed = Hands

Carrier = Hybrid

Compton = Blocking 

I think we have a big role for Compton planned. And not just blocking. He has been running around in end zones a few years now. #SecretWeapon

Like Big Mile Sellers under Coach that mad year!

Hail.

Not quite that BIG. 

Was that the year we tried him over the top at the goal line 3 times in a row?  

Think more like Donnie Warren / Rick Doc Walker. A blocking TE that ends up catching more balls than expected. 

I am hoping we use him occasionally on run downs - 1st and 10, like Baltimore did to us. A new wrinkle to our offense. Just a series or two every few games, to test the waters. And punish opponents with our run game, which we have been told several times is a goal. Take pressure off Kirk, and give him better blockers at the same time. 

Unless we're sold on Hamm, I'd be interest in Wes Saxton or Joseph Fauria.  Saxton is a hustler who can catch.  The hustle part makes me think he might be a solid special teams player.  Fauria is a 6'7" vet who caught around 7 touchdowns a couple years ago.  He could be a red zone threat for us.  Not much of a special teams player, I'm told.  

Unless we're sold on Hamm, I'd be interest in Wes Saxton or Joseph Fauria.  Saxton is a hustler who can catch.  The hustle part makes me think he might be a solid special teams player.  Fauria is a 6'7" vet who caught around 7 touchdowns a couple years ago.  He could be a red zone threat for us.  Not much of a special teams player, I'm told.  

the Skins kept him on the practice squad, so whoever they go for would have to be better than him and someone on the 53

the Skins kept him on the practice squad, so whoever they go for would have to be better than him and someone on the 53

Absolutely.  My guess is that we'd cut the 10th o-lineman (Nsekhe, right?).  I understand the argument that Compton is our 3rd TE, in effect; however, most would agree that Reed is an injury waiting to happen.  If Hamm is the man, then so be it.  

Archived