Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

Hey this is a dumb question but who is #40 on our D, and has he survived the cuts? I hope so he had been most impressive to me this PS, everyone I look he's either blowing up offensive linemen or destroying some poor RB.

FOR an ILB he looks a little thin, kinda had Sean Taylor Rookie Year build, but man he sure hits like Sean.

Definitely worth keeping around, he's shaky in coverage but that can be worked on I hope

Hey this is a dumb question but who is #40 on our D, and has he survived the cuts? I hope so he had been most impressive to me this PS, everyone I look he's either blowing up offensive linemen or destroying some poor RB.

FOR an ILB he looks a little thin, kinda had Sean Taylor Rookie Year build, but man he sure hits like Sean.

Definitely worth keeping around, he's shaky in coverage but that can be worked on I hope

Terrance Plummer.

He's currently on our practice squad. 

Giants bringing in Fauria, hope they don't sign him. 2-TE sets with him and Donnell, along with OBJ and Verren, in the RZ would be a nightmare, no thank you.

O'Leary was pretty overrated by some during the draft process, when you compare his production to his skill-set, but for free? Sure, why not. 

The concept of "upside" is a speculative endeavor, not something you can state as fact.

Well while you're speculating about Cousins' ability to spot a double A gap blitz miss and take off for a 76 yard Touchdown or break Demarcus Ware's ankles running read option for 25 yards, I'll be watching video of RG3, you know, actually doing it.  Upside may be speculative, but its based on something, not nothing.

Well while you're speculating about Cousins' ability to spot a double A gap blitz miss and take off for a 76 yard Touchdown or break Demarcus Ware's ankles running read option for 25 yards, I'll be watching video of RG3, you know, actually doing it.  Upside may be speculative, but its based on something, not nothing.

There are different types of upside. One can more easily imagine Cousins calling the perfect audible based on what he sees out of the defense, properly shifting protection, and then hitting a WR in stride, letting the ball go before the cut, for instance. Its not all about athleticism and explosiveness (which Griffin seems to have lost anyways).

So while there are things Cousins can't do that Griffin can, the opposite is also true. And many would argue that what Cousins has over Griffin is more consistently repeatable and beneficial to a pro offense.

I will agree that "upside" is a term that is abused in NFL circles these days.  The term bizarrely seems to only apply to physical traits, and not mental.  Its a weird preconceived notion that a QB who can read defenses some, cant learn anything beyond that and take it to a level that makes him elite.

To me, the maximum potential for a QB is not that he will be faster, or stronger, but that he will read defenses like Peyton Manning and thus turn them into swiss cheese. To say that a particular QB isnt capable of that is to call them stupid before they even get a chance to learn what takes most great QBs years.

There are different types of upside. One can more easily imagine Cousins calling the perfect audible based on what he sees out of the defense, properly shifting protection, and then hitting a WR in stride, letting the ball go before the cut, for instance. Its not all about athleticism and explosiveness (which Griffin seems to have lost anyways).

So while there are things Cousins can't do that Griffin can, the opposite is also true. And many would argue that what Cousins has over Griffin is more consistently repeatable and beneficial to a pro offense.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think there are many great things about Cousins as a QB.  It's just that there a lot more potential in RG3's game if a team is willing to play to those strengths.  But, this staff isn't going to.

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins

'Skins draft pick Evan Spencer now free agent as team reaches injury settlement http://ow.ly/S0w2h #RedskinsTalk

Thats kind of disappointing.  Im not sure if they let him go, or he wanted to go.  Im not sure hes really going to get much of an opportunity elsewhere, I would have liked to see him have a year on the practice squad to see what he could do.

Thats kind of disappointing. Im not sure if they let him go, or he wanted to go. Im not sure hes really going to get much of an opportunity elsewhere, I would have liked to see him have a year on the practice squad to see what he could do.

Apparently they can't re-sign him for 6 weeks. Mike Jones was tweeting about it but I didn't exactly understand the injury clause he was referring too.

I'm shocked, that I'm disappointed to lose a WR, that doesn't catch the football.

Yeah. This pick was my biggest head scratcher of the draft. Using a 6th rounder on a guy that caught 52 passes in a 4 year college career made no sense to me. They could have had him as a FA most likely. But your not going to hit on all of your picks. Thats just how it is.

Archived