Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

I don't know much about this guy. We must be very desperate. We basically just signed Cooley according to his past 5 yrs.

I feel worried considering how dependable Reed is.

Of McCoy, Pete Carroll (who coached him in college as well as in the pros) said, "Anthony has been a really great prospect and this was a really great pick for us a few years back. He's really grown into a versatile tight end for us; he's one of our best blockers ... he really does a great job with all the in-line blocking, he moves around well, he's a great target to throw the ball to. Anthony's got a big basketball background, and he does have really good hands, but there's been times when he's been coming up, and getting ready to play NFL football, when he hasn't really been keeping the concentration that you need to catch the football. But, he's on it now. His attitude that he brings, and his effort every day is just really, really positive. I've never seen him so full of the spirit and the mentality that he has, and it's infectious."

If not, I'm sure he'll find another one to be troubled by soon enough.

Yeah it's not good when he is our only TE whose name we recognize. And that an OL got almost as many reps at TE as he did. I cringe every time he takes a hit. I am not sure I can recall a player more injury prone. Maybe Hankerson. 

Yeah it's not good when he is our only TE whose name we recognize. And that an OL got almost as many reps at TE as he did. I cringe every time he takes a hit. I am not sure I can recall a player more injury prone. Maybe Hankerson. 

Some WR dude out of OU who I still maintain would of been a stud where it not for his pesky knees. 

Hail. 

Re: #'s 2 and 4.

2: Rashad Ross isn't really anything like Banks. Banks made his mark as a returner and never really did anything impressive as a WR--Ross led the NFL in catches, yards, and TD's this preseason.

4: This one isn't really settled until Griffin passes concussion protocol. Then we'll know what the real plan is.

Speaking of Banks, he's like the best player in the CFL now. Crazy.

Speaking of Banks, he's like the best player in the CFL now. Crazy.

I wouldn't say he's the best player.  Maybe best returner.  I watch a lot of CFL telecasts before the NFL season begins. ESPN shows about 20 games during their regular season and most of their playoff games in November.

In the CFL, the punt and kick returners get a 5 yard "halo", whereas the coverage team cannot invade that halo or they get a 5 yard penalty called "no yards" or a 15 yard "no yards" penalty if they get real close or hit the returner.  So pretty much, Banks gets a 5 yard head start and with his speed, its near impossible to catch him, unless he takes the wrong angle or the coverage team can surrount him with a punt that has a lot of hang time.  There are no fair catches in the CFL.  With him being small and no halo in the NFL, he returned "scared."

I think Addarius Bowman WR, with Edmonton, Jon Cornish RB, for Calgary or Zach Callaros QB, for Hamilton are the front runners for best player in the league.  Banks catches an occasional pass, but he's there to electrify the return game for the Tiger-Cats.  

Archived