Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

That's what I thought... that was such an epic ending.  One of the best memories of watching the Redskins with my dad that I have.

Until the 2012 season that was the only memory I had of the team that was truly worth anything.

Being ~30 and younger, as a redskins fan, means not having a lot to choose from.

Question: People are talking about Breeland being back in week 2. I haven't been paying close attention to him, but didn't he have a bad injury during training camp that was going to keep him out for part of the regular season? Did I miss something these past few weeks?

Question: People are talking about Breeland being back in week 2. I haven't been paying close attention to him, but didn't he have a bad injury during training camp that was going to keep him out for part of the regular season? Did I miss something these past few weeks?

He played in the fourth preseason game. His injury kept him out like 3-4 weeks, I think. He's suspended one game, which explains why he won't suit up for us until week 2.

Aside from the QB position, I think the biggest surprise cut was Houston Bates.  That guy had some big sacks in the preseason.  Hopefully they put him on the PS.  

Yeah I was surprised to see him cut as well, he looked interesting.

Still, if you look at the Roster for LB:

Compton - Jeffcoat - Kerrigan - Riley - K. Robinson - Murphy - Spaight - Smith

I hardly see anyone worst than him. Maybe Riley, but Riley plays ILB and Bates OLB if I'm right no?

To me, the cut of Bates tells me that our LB Corp is pretty good for the upcoming year. And if he lands on the PS, the better.

Just like Akeem Davis, who seemed interesting at the end of last year, having him cut (maybe he'll go IR) makes me think that our coaches are pretty pleased with our Safety Group.

That's the most important part in cuts. Some guys may look be unfairly cut, but if you look at guys kept over them it looks pretty good in fact.

After all, I don't have much to say regarding the cuts, I'm pretty please with our 53 (exception of the TE group that scares me). Waiting to see who are on the PS. Hoping to see guys like Evan Spencer, Reggie Bell, Austin Reiter or Houston Bates down there.

He played in the fourth preseason game. His injury kept him out like 3-4 weeks, I think. He's suspended one game, which explains why he won't suit up for us until week 2.

Ah, okay. I remember a lot of people being worried about missing him until mid-season, plus that penalty.

This was from CPND. This was from PCinOZ.

Just a note about Practice Squads in 2015.  

As per the CBA, this is the first year practice squad players can be paid bonuses and be offered guaranteed salaries.  So there may be some competition for players and of course will have a salary cap impact. 

Just seen where Joeseph Fauria got released. I know people think we would cut carrier if an upgrade became availible.

No, I don't think we'd cut Carrier regardless of who becomes available, we'd just have three TE's. Probably cut a WR.

No, I don't think we'd cut Carrier regardless of who becomes available, we'd just have three TE's. Probably cut a WR.

Instead of cutting a WR, I would look to move one of wideouts for a draft pick.  IMO, the only non-touchable is DJax.  He's our only speed burner that can make special plays and has turned into a locker room leader.

HTTR!

He's one of the oldest guys on the team. I think this is the first time he's made a roster though. :lol:

Yeah, I know...#failedjokeattempt  :(

Thoughts on PS? Here's mine:

WR - Bell - showed great hands in preseason; only question is his size - decent weight at 201 but only 5'11"

LB - Plummer & Bates; thought both showed enough in preseason to develop

C - Reiter - decent size; small college guy might need to be coached up

DL - waiver wire youngster

SS/FS - waiver wire youngster

RB - Trey Williams; preseason play showed some flashes

OT - Takoby Cofield - UDFA thought highly of prior to camp - signed 3yr $1.6M contract w/ $25k bonus

TE - Hamm - flashed in preseason

G - waiver wire or re-sign Tyler Larsen

Question about the guys waived injured - Campbell, Cromartie-Smith, Davis, Spencer - are they eligible to be signed to the PS or only to IR?

He's taped to a pole in the locker room...#rookiehazing

:lol: That's even funnier as he's ever made an active roster once in his 7 year career to date before now. 

To be active for less than a month.  :lol:.

Hail. 

*Edit* I just realised I never mentioned him in detail in my roster rundown. 

Funny that I'd unconsciously not do that.  :D.

Instead of cutting a WR, I would look to move one of wideouts for a draft pick. IMO, the only non-touchable is DJax. He's our only speed burner that can make special plays and has turned into a locker room leader.

HTTR!

PG is the only untradable one, due to contract. DJax is actually the only tradable one, due to ability and contract.

would you please explain why you manipulated the quotes to make it look like I started something about Griffin?

I don't know Carex.  I quoted DC9. If you look at his post, you were not attached. When I quoted him, your quote was attached. No idea why.  That's why I put in that I apparently don't know how to quote.

I tried multiple times to remove you, it never would take your name off. I should have just deleted the whole post. My apologies.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN 2m2 minutes ago

A couple of jersey # changes. CB Justin Rogers is now No. 35 and TE Derek Carrier is now No. 89. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

Is wish Ryan Grant would change his jersey number....that #14 is HORRIBLE....Hes a beast, wanna see him rock a number in the 80s.....Love that Crowder is wearing #80....

Archived