Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Roster Cuts OP updated - TE McCoy signed - Everett cut - PS: Cofield, Delaire, Dunbar, Plummer, Bates, Hamm, Trey, Crawford, Agnew

DC9

I didn't realize our team could be so picky at tight end.

Last I checked, we have one guy with injury problems, one guy who has potential but seems unproven, and NOBODY else except a backup tackle.

I just think it would be a good idea to pick up a red zone target like Fauria. Having a big target is something people have been crying about for a long time. We sure don't have a wide receiver who fits the bill.

As far as Roberts, trade him to who-the-hell-ever wants him. Push Grant or Crowder to his spot. Get a pick to make up for what we traded to the 49ers. Use the spot to find a decent tight end(fauria, etc.)

14 just doesn't look good...........quoted 3 times...

I always thought Brad Johnson would be a great wr... remember when he caught his own touchdown pass in a game with the Vikings? 

I didn't realize our team could be so picky at tight end.

Last I checked, we have one guy with injury problems, one guy who has potential but seems unproven, and NOBODY else except a backup tackle.

We should  be ok as long as both don't go down the same game.  We can always pull Hamm up the next week, if need be.

Colts waived/injured RB Dan Herron (shoulder).

Herron will be placed on injured reserve if he passes through waivers. Expected to be Frank Gore's primary backup, Herron injured his shoulder returning a kickoff in the final preseason game. Coach Chuck Pagano has tried and will continue to try to defend having his backup running back return kicks in a meaningless game, but now he is faced with the more difficult task of finding a capable backup for 32-year-old Frank Gore. Rookie Josh Robinson (concussion) has yet to be cleared, and Vick Ballard (hamstring) cannot stay healthy.

Colts waived/injured RB Dan Herron (shoulder).

Herron will be placed on injured reserve if he passes through waivers. Expected to be Frank Gore's primary backup, Herron injured his shoulder returning a kickoff in the final preseason game. Coach Chuck Pagano has tried and will continue to try to defend having his backup running back return kicks in a meaningless game, but now he is faced with the more difficult task of finding a capable backup for 32-year-old Frank Gore. Rookie Josh Robinson (concussion) has yet to be cleared, and Vick Ballard (hamstring) cannot stay healthy.

unless they sign Trey Williams off the PS I don't think this will affect us.  We aren't going to trade our starter or a rookie we're high on and Chris Thompson isn't a primary backup

unless they sign Trey Williams off the PS I don't think this will affect us.  We aren't going to trade our starter or a rookie we're high on and Chris Thompson isn't a primary backup

Maybe the Skins could sign Trent Richardson & then trade him to the Colts for a 1st round draft pick. 

14 just doesn't look good...........quoted 3 times...

At least he didn't quoted it 14 times lol

Riley takes a lot fo heat on here, but come on.  Bates is maybe better than Riley?  I think sometimes we get caught up in preseason games.  Riley is a multiple year starter in the laegue.  Bates will be lucky to stick on a roster somewhere.  Not a dig at Bates, he's an easy guy to root for.

Well, I said maybe to try to find someone on the list that could be disputable. So it was a huge extend. I don't think Riley's that bad, seriously. Looking at our LB list, I have not much to argue against it.

Riley, to me, is overwhelmingly average. That is not a bad thing in my book, especially considering he was a 4th round pick, which is generally expected to be average. Sometimes, it's nice to have average people. Average people are steady people, and I like steady people on defense.

If you watch Bates from the preseason games, he had a tough time shedding blockers on runs. He had a decent speed rush to the outside vs. backup OTs. I saw him in person at ST frustrate Paulsen enough that Paulsen grabbed him in 1:1 session and threw him to the ground (this was the play after Bates beat him to the outside in 1:1 drill). So he has good speed rush. He needs to bulk up a bit & learn how to shed blocks. 

He's not ready for prime time. Yet. 

Just my untrained $0.02 on Bates. 

So? All 53 of our guys aren't choir boys. Once we brought in Junior Gallette, what difference does it make? Fauria likes to party, but otherwise he's harmless.

Gallette got hurt during practice.

Fauria broke his ankle chasing a peeing dog down the stairs.

That's DeAngelo Hall pizza story territory. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but no one knows why he was benched for the 4th game.

Riley, to me, is overwhelmingly average. That is not a bad thing in my book, especially considering he was a 4th round pick, which is generally expected to be average. Sometimes, it's nice to have average people. Average people are steady people, and I like steady people on defense.

All true, but it might not be all that wise to be spending 4-5 mil of cap space a year on an average player at a non-premium position.

Gallette got hurt during practice.

Fauria broke his ankle chasing a peeing dog down the stairs.

That's DeAngelo Hall pizza story territory.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but no one knows why he was benched for the 4th game.

Nobody wanted to not bring DHall back because his injury story was lame though. We've got Breeland with a suspension for weed, we can go down the line of guys that've done stupid or questionable things.

If we wanna say Fauria's simply not talented or useful enough to excuse it, that's one thing. But if we're trying to say he's a bad guy to have around or he can't be trusted, the train left the station on that long ago.

Nobody wanted to not bring DHall back because his injury story was lame though. We've got Breeland with a suspension for weed, we can go down the line of guys that've done stupid or questionable things.

If we wanna say Fauria's simply not talented or useful enough to excuse it, that's one thing. But if we're trying to say he's a bad guy to have around or he can't be trusted, the train left the station on that long ago.

He's obviously talented. 

He's also 6'7" and 270lbs.

He's also an unclaimed free agent.

Why?

Archived