Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Thought missed PK was the worst call... USA lost composure...

Why the announcers not talking about the poppy backline?

The offense looked better than previous matches to me, but they were playing Reals GK... Altidore had a long... that save on Pulisic was great...

These ESPN announcers bite... 

Oh for goodness sake... Neymar was on the ground 20 times in Brazil vs. Ecuador.... does that mean he is soft?

CRC is a tough opponent... like ESPN is writing the false narrative....

Oh for goodness sake... Neymar was on the ground 20 times in Brazil vs. Ecuador.... does that mean he is soft?

10 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Does US have a competent back 4??. Beasley retired?

Brooks and Yedlin are hurt. Backline of Zusi-Brooks-Cameron-Yedlin is best option. But Besler or Gonzales are better options at CB than Ream. Hell, Onyewu is a better CB option right now than Tim ****ing Ream. 

Ley is killing me, the U.S. had 62% possession and 14 shots on goal and he's saying we got "dismantled".

We decided not to bring in Chandler and Brooks & Yedlin are out so you knew the back was soft.  This was just bad luck tonight, I don't see a reason to overreact as if Costa Rica is great.

• Like 1

Grant Wahl said Mexico once went winless in hex qualifying and made the world cup. That's an indictment on how ridiculously easy hex qualifying is.

There's going to be a lot of overreaction and anger after this. But Costa Rica is good. Mexico is good. The US has only lost to those two. Everyone else was beaten. Everyone else can be beaten.

That being said the Honduras game becomes important now. You win or tie there and things clear up a lot. It's not going to be easy. But it's not impossible to qualify and odds are in favor of this team making it through.

Either way, third or fourth place this team is going to qualify. I don't think you have to worry about the US missing their first world cup in like 20 years.

I don't know how many times concacrap is going to fist **** the US.  but add another one to the list.  

Its racism.  Or at least what passes for racism in today's world.  It is absolutely one Hispanic making sure a Hispanic country is given every advantage possible. 

Id rather the US join Uefa and never make the World Cup than have to deal with this over and over again

7 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Kilmer, aside from the missed PK on Altidore.... what was bad?

The ref had nothing to do with red sea defense... even ESPN didn't ref blame.

Thought there were bad calls... on many sides....

Oviedo should have had a yellow early. 

But the no call Pk is huge.  1-0 US is game over. 

Early ball to Wood to touch line for corner.  Ruled offside.  No replay.  But still frame shows him on side by 5 yards

And espn has a contract with concacaf. Of course they don't say anything. 

Edited by Kilmer17

22 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I don't know how many times concacrap is going to fist **** the US.  but add another one to the list.  

Its racism.  Or at least what passes for racism in today's world.  It is absolutely one Hispanic making sure a Hispanic country is given every advantage possible. 

Id rather the US join Uefa and never make the World Cup than have to deal with this over and over again

I'm numb to it after seeing it for 20 years, nothing will ever change.

57 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Honduras is beating TNT.  

Worst case scenario for US right now. 

World Cup is looking like a long shot. 

I can't see us finishing lower than 4th and that puts us in the playoff vs the 5th place AFC team, the US would be heavy favorites unless Australia continues to struggle and finishes in that 5th spot, otherwise we're playing Syria, Uzbekistan, UAE, or Iraq for a birth to the WC.

Edited by jschuck12001