Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

10 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Pulisic and yedlin have been underwhelming so far this game.   

I think Pulisic has been fine. He's found some space, and played a couple quality balls through, but he needs some help. Yedlin has been a disappointment after playing one of his best games against T&T. 

Would not not be surprised to see Dempsey in an attempt to net a late winner, but I sure would like to see Nagbe early this half...guy dominated the midfield vs T&T.

Edited by Long n Left

10 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Pulisic and yedlin have been underwhelming so far this game.  Not terribly bad, but not up to expectations.  I think we've played about as well as anyone could have expected.  Mexico is the better squad, and to get a worldie there was great.  Outside of that though, haven't looked to be much a threat. Probably see Dempsey on around 80th minute to try and go for it if it's still knotted up.  

Yedlin let in too many crosses in the first half but played much better in the second.

Unfortunately with this formation Pulisic was never going to have many opportunities to do very much, so not surprised by that. Really disappointed to see Wood whiff on what would have probably put us up 2-0 which of course resulted in their break and them able to tie it up. Mexico really didnt have many chances, I was impressed for the most part with how well we played defensively outside of a couple of moments. I would say we had as many chances if not 1 or 2 more then Mexico over the course of the game, just couldnt put them away.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a **** awful half of soccer on display in Tenn. Looks like Arenas' plan is to not lose. 

Dax is NOT the answer for Bradley, and Zusi and Bedoya both need to be retired from the USMNT. Corona is a ghost. I do like what I've seen from Rowe and Acosta, but the rest of this lot need a foot up their ass.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Off you go Acosta.  Another bang average performance. Why he is being hyped so much is beyond me.  

I like some of the things I see from him, but then he seems to waft off around the field at times. He needs more determination and physicality to his game if he wants that #6 role. He's still young and can grow, but I think a few years in Europe would have helped his development more than an MLS Academy.